celebrating 61 tomorrow

Options
Glad to be a part of the 60's group. My twin sister and I are celebrating our 61st birthday tomorrow. She has a host of health problems due to being overweight. I have vowed to lose 30 pounds and hopefully not develop all of the problems she is having. I have changed my lifestyle by excersizing more, eating healthy and cutting calories. So far it is working. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Trying to lose the weight slowly to keep it off for good. Hope we can all support each other in our quest to be lighter!

Replies

• hnbblack
    hnbblack Posts: 3
    Options
    Happy Birthday to both you and your sister! I know how hard it is to get the weight off and keep it off, and I support you in your journey. I too am on that journey. Welcome to the club!
  • Renee2743
    Renee2743 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy double birthday. Enjoy the birthday cake but get back on your weight loss program tomorrow. Birthdays we must celebrate. Sounds like you have great goals. Can you get your sister on board, too? I'm enjoying meeting people in this over 60 club.
  • 1234getgoing
    Options
    Thank-you for the birthday greetings. I celebrate another healthy year and look forward to another, only 30 lbs lighter!
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hope you had a good birthday and special wishes to you and your sister. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • maesgrammie
    maesgrammie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and I wish you both many, many more!!
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, today, Getgoing. Yes, perhaps your sister will see your success and new healthy lifestyle and decide to join you. It must be interesting to have a twin.
  • LilySpencer
    Options
    Happy Birthday! :smile: I turned 61 in March. I am glad to find this board, where I can get and give encouragement.
  • CPAUTISM24
    CPAUTISM24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I turned 61 on June 22, 2012. You know, the 60's used to sound old, but I sure don't feel old. I have always tried to eat healthy, however, there are days that I just don't stay on track. I have used Weight Watchers, been to the meetings, and I just am not motivated. I really feel motivated with this program, especially since I have those my age with the same goals. Tell me, what is your motivation? I only have 20 pounds to lose, but it seems that it is more difficult to lose 20 than to have allot to lose. My motivation is just to be healthy. I do eat allot of fresh fruits and vegetables and limited meats. Best of luck to you, and let us be each others support system! :smile: