Hi

Options
Hi,
I am new to the group, and thought I would share a little bit about myself. I am 60 years old and I just had the gastric sleeve surgery done on April 10th 2012. I had lost 80 lbs 3 times before in my lifetime, but have never been able to keep it off for very long, usually gaining back my wieght plus some added pounds. Well it got to be too much! I didn't feel like doing anything anymore. Then I heard about the gastric sleeve surgery and decided to try it. I started at 250lbs. ( I am only 4' 11" tall), so you can imagine how miserable I have been. I am looking forward to a new beginning. Since my surgery on April 10th I am down 19lbs. I really think I will be able to keep it off this time. This is just what I needed. A diet that I could not cheat on.
Hope all of you out there are reaching your goals in life and God Bless.

Replies

• Renee2743
    Renee2743 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, I know how hard it is to lose weight and I've heard a lot of people who are desparate, try this procedure. Wish you the best in your weight loss journey.
  • LilySpencer
    Options
    You are much braver than I am. Any surgery scares me so I keep doing it the old fashioned way. We have roughly the same amount to lose. I am starting again today. Let's keep in touch.