3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Amanda- So sorry to hear about all the stress in your life. I hope things calm down for you quickly. Just think, 2 more weeks!!

Kim- keep us posted on Cecilia. You're so close!

Tara- You keep us posted, too! There are so many mamas that are close! I'm excited for you.

Kelley- Nice job on the shopping finds. I don't know what Adian and Anais blankets are. Are they just really nice, or do you use them for a specific type of wrap?

AFM: My baby shower was really fun! I had about 5 people come and we ate a ton of food! I got a lot of clothes (or Tayt did, rather). I got the thermometer I'd registered for (Yay!), a nursing cover, and a foam bath thingie for the tub. All in all, I guess I just need to go buy a bottle warmer for my frozen breast milk, some bottles, and some other odds and ends. I need to take back some things because I got duplicates of them, but not much. My favorite onsie, which was a throwback to my love of crossfit, has a picture of an olympic-style weight and it it says "I"m not fat...this is all muscle!" I also go a bib that says "ROAR! Feed me!" I thought that was cute.

Anyway, I didn't exercise much this last week because of volleyball tryouts, but yesterday I went for a walk and I was shocked at how hard it was for me. I was out of breath the entire time. Strange that only one week of not exercising sets me back so far. Or maybe Tayt was just pushing up on my lungs-? Either way, I'm exercising the rest of this week for sure. My blood-glucose test is tomorrow morning and I hope I pass. Wish me luck! Have a good week, ladies!!

Jalyn
    29w5d
    +27lbs
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Emily!

Mamas... what do Braxton Hicks contractions feel like? How many of you feel them? I assumed by now I would have felt the BH... but unless I'm totally oblivious and am just missing them (if that's possible), I don't think I have. Just curious!

When we went to our birth class (17 new moms) and the nurse asked us if we had had any BH none of us raised our hands. Then she asked if anyone had felt any tightening/pushing/preasure up on the top at all. All of us raised our hands, then she said, "so you have allhad Braxton Hicks." Couldn't help laughing. I would always say that it felt like she was pushing out the top of my belly.
    Hope this helps.
  • kcurtis05
    Options
    http://ksmith05.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Here are the pictures of our Dr Seuss nursery! :)
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options

Oh my goodness that is adorable! Love it! :)
  • kcurtis05
    Options

Oh my goodness that is adorable! Love it! :)

Thanks! My wonderful Hubs worked SO hard on it! He wouldn't let me do anything...LOL
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Ladies! So I was MIA last couple weeks dealing with all this doctor switching business, but I'm back! (and with good news) :happy: Excited to see all the new ladies joining up from 2nd tri- but that means I have a lot more to catch up on lol- here goes!

Kelley - I think our due dates must be back to back! Thank you for your support concerning my doctor drama, it's been a trying experience but in the end I'm glad I stayed strong about what we wanted. Exciting that you get another ultrasound soon, and that's a really good idea about mail ordering your prenatals I've been meaning to look into that. Wait...are you going to find out the sex of the baby now?! :wink:

Jalyn - Welcome to 3rd Tri! Happy to hear you had a fun Babyshower! - We aren't able to have one this go around, but maybe I'll break tradition and have one with our next baby. :wink: Your at home business sounds great! Trying to research options for a work at home mom job for myself after baby gets here. I'm so used to customer service that I think I could maybe do one of those home based jobs, or reservations or order filling. Good luck with your glucose test!

Amanda - Jealous of all your baby clothes! I think I have one 1 nb onesie so far (yikes!)...Sorry that your boss left you with such a stressful work situation! But good for hubby taking care of you :smile: That's kind of funny that they tried to make your belly look bigger at your maternity photos! I really wish we could have some professionally done, but thinking we may just go down to the beach one day and have my husband take some.

Tara - Hope you had a nice bday! And hope your baby's bday is any day now :)

Kristi - Glad you got to bust a move at your brother's wedding! Don't beat yourself up over the eating splurges, I think your weight gain looks great! Hope you had a great birthday!! I turned 30 right after finding out we were pregnant, and it definitely feels like two big life milestones!:smile: How were the child care and breastfeeding classes? I still need to sign up for those... With the after birth procedures for baby, we initially didn't want vit k and eye ointment but in TX I guess it's state law, the pku and hearing test are cool but no hep b for us. We just started interviewing pediatricians the last couple weeks and vaccinations are the big talking point for us personally. Just something we're researching and trying to come up with selective/schedule that will work best for our family.

Yolie1220 - Wow, May 14th- that's right around the corner!

Millions - Good for you joining a gym! Love your profile pic!

Melissa - Welcome to 3rd Tri! I hear ya about not liking unflattering pics of yourself lol (though you're so fit, I don't know what you wouldn't like) Day to day I feel good about my preggo body, but pics I am just not a fan of! Wish I had the stamina for all the exercise you and Jalyn do! I try, but you two definitely motivate me to do more. Good luck studying for your oral boards! Have a great time with the hubs in Vegas!

Emily - Welcome to 3rd Tri! Happy to hear your placenta moved up, that's awesome news! Congrats on passing the glucose, that's great news cuz the 3 hr test is the pits! What is an antibody screening?

Svgarcia - Congratulations!! Love the pic of lil' Shasty and her big brothers, precious!

Kim - Keeping my fingers crossed for you that baby decides to turn on her own before May 4th, but if not still so exciting to be able to meet your little one soon! I have to check out your nursery pics, I'm sure it's adorable!

AFM: I'll check in tomorrow, but the main news for me is that I have switched from my OB to a midwife. Along with that we will also be delivering at a different hospital, so we're going on another tour this weekend. Insurance is covering the hospital and the pediatrician, but sadly not the midwife. I'm currently filing an appeal on that but in the meantime we are paying out of pocket. Luckily there's a huge discount since I'm so late in pregnancy, but it was definitely a big decision for me and my husband. But after all that stress I have to say I am so incredibly Happy!! And incredibly excited and looking forward to the whole birth experience. Just finished reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth too which was amazing and just what I needed during this time. Have a good night!

Jane
    32wk1d
    (+14)
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, got a VBAC question for any of you veterans... If it's your first vaginal birth but your second birth... does labor progress just as slowly as it would if it were your first birth overall? I understand this will vary from person to person, but I'm just trying to gather info and experiences.
    Short background... I was induced w/ my son Max 2 days after his due date... the doctor thought he was going to be too big so wouldn't let me wait very long to go into labor. I was only on pitossin for 3-4 hours before he went under duress for an unknown reason (I think he just wasn't ready to come out) and they opted to stop my contractions and go to a C-section because I wasn't really progressing (2 cm dialated, only 70% effaced)... so basically, I never really went into labor.
    I'm opting for VBAC and though confident in my decision being the correct one... nervous b/c 1... it's really my first time going into labor (hopefully naturally) and 2 there are some added risks to going VBAC..
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Argh...has a nice long reply set and totoally lost it...slow computer

Amanda - so sorry to hear that you are under unneccessary stress...and how uncool of your boss to leave the day he hands out bad news. Good for you that you only have two more weeks left, definitely use that time to relax. Good for you on having the nursery done and have your pictures complete... Have you started packing the hospital bag?
    Afm not knowing the sex, I figured since everything about this pregnancy was a surprise I figured I would let the sex be as well. The other night though I had a dream I had two boys that looked alot alike almost twins...so I am guessing it's a boy although in the beginning I thought I was having a girl...I am pretty sure now it's a boy. I will say it was a little annoying to be at the sale and not know the sex but it also helped me save money.

Kim - Your week sounds super busy...sorry to hear you pulled a muscle hope you find sometime this week to relax.

Jalyn - the blankets are made out of 100 % cotten and are super soft and a little bit larger than the average blanket which make swaddling a little easier but it's also very breathable which will be really nice for a summertime baby. So glad you enjoyed your baby shower and good luck on the glucose test.

Jane - I am very tempted to find out the sex...but at the sametime feel like I have made it this far and I really want to hold out to the end. I think I am going to have the tech write it in an envelope and seal it...maybe...lol I don't know. My hubby saws this time he is finding out but I already know he will spill it if he finds out. So glad your doctor issues worked out...I am sure that you feel a lot less stressed now having someone you trust and that you like and is respectful of your wants and desires. Yippy. When is your due date?

Stell- Sorry can't answer your question. I had vaginal the first time around and will this time as well. As you know labor is different for everyone. I was in labor 32 hours before I had my son...It took about 15 hrs to get to 8 cm and then I was stuck there for hours (because my water didn't break not enough pressure I guess)...but then my sister and step sister went into labor and had their boys within 6-8 hr...so not sure what causes some to progress faster than others. Either way I hope you have a speedy delivery...I wouldn't wish long labor on anyone.

AFM - Had blueberry pancakes for breakfast...so delicious soup for lunch to even out my day but the pancakes were definitely a highlight. Have been feeling tired lately and waking up at a minimum 3 times a night to pee. Not to mention after my son climbed out of his crib the other morning, he had only attempted it at night time before, we decided to put his crib mattress on the floor with a boxspring underneath until the toddle bed comes...well it's a lot harder to put him to sleep this way. For one he's super excited for some reason to be out of the crib...he keeps wanting to jump on his bed. And two the change just means it takes longer to put him to bed. So sleep has been a bit elusive lately. Otherwise, I got my hubby to help me a ton on Sunday with the nursery, we got the clothes that were in there cleaned out and I put away some of the baby clothes (oneise), we put our son's crib in there and the changing table, we still need to put up a few shelves and one more shelf in the closet but I finally feel like it's on it ways to getting done. My mom is in town this weekend for my nephew's bday party so hopefully she will help with curtains and window fixings that's kind of her thing. So excited to get it all done...I am really trying to organize each room in the house because that way I know there is system in place for my husband to follow on some level for the first 6 months.

Otherwise, baby seems fine, lots of movement lately especially is if I take too long to eat. Haven't really been exercising like I want but I have been trying to stay active.

Ok..have barely done anything work wise this mornig...got to get back to the grind...hope you ladies are having a wonderful day.

Kelley
    32 on Wed.
  • 9Honey16
    9Honey16 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The insomnia has been hitting me lately...so thought I'd check in on here! :)

Stellcorb - I think that's awesome that you've decided to go for a vbac! I'm a ftm so unfortunately I don't really have any insight or advice for ya~ but am wishing you a smooth delivery! :)

Kelley - I like the envelope idea, even though I know I personally would cave to the temptation :) (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!) When we got the heartbeat monkey at the ultrasound the tech asked if we wanted her to check gender and then put a blue or pink ribbon on the monkey and box it up....I did consider it for a sec lol My due date is June 17th, and I figured you must be close since we seem to have similar dr visits, like ultrasounds, glucose etc. The profile pic of your son is so cute that I can just picture him jumping on his new bed not wanting to sleep lol (though I'm sure it's not that cute when you're exhausted). Sounds like you're making really good progress on the baby room! I really need to get myself in gear on that...we haven't done anything so far, it's like a weird mental block for me, I don't know why.

AFM: Had my first visit with our midwife last Friday, and it was like night and day from my last dr that I think I cried from happiness on the drive home lol We were all set to take child care, breastfeeding and CPR/first aid classes at the first hospital...but now at the new hospital everything is booked up! I put us on the waitlist though so hopefully something opens up before the baby gets here! :) Eating plan has been going well though I have been splurging on sweets-namely chocolate-on the weekends, so trying to curb that with fruit instead. Stopped doing the yoga classes to save a bit of $ and have been doing the DVDs instead. Also trying to start daily walks to the park and back which is only about a mile and a half. But the Texas heat makes it a tad harder for me than I would like and battling lower belly aches/groin pressure. Maybe need one of those support bands? On a fun note my first few cloth diapers arrived today! So excited! (about diapers lol) Well have a good night ladies!

Jane
    32wk2d
    (+14)
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi, all:) I guess it is time for me to move on up to 3rd tri!

I am 28 wks, 3 days today, and going for a growth scan this afternoon. It is so exciting to see Little Girl :)

I am staying very active...although I no longer run the stadiums...or really even manage to walk them...I have been walking, hiking, walking the hills, using the elliptical trainer, kayaking, swimming and doing a lot of yard work for about an hour a day at least 5 times a week. I was pretty sporadic with my food logging for a bit, and have been bad with splurging on junk food (McDonald's biscuit and a little burger from Five Guys last weekend!) on the weekends. I am trying to be better, though. I seem to be pretty accurate with my calorie needs and not going over my limit.

Looking forward to getting to know you girls!
    ~Becca
    28w, 3d
    +23 lbs....eeeek!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Kelley - yeah, Vegas is great for the food and the shows, you should go! I agree the vit K is for a deficiency that can cause bleeding problems. I think it's good to administer but an advantage of BF would be that it can come from me. Still don't know how you are functioning without knowing the sex. Do you have dual names picked out? Your son sounds cute but tiring, oh boy! Hope your mom gets some stuff done for you!

Emily - sorry to hear about your antibody levels, hope your appointment went well and there isn't much to worry about.  I think we will halal have good and bad weeks when it comes of weigh-ins!

Tara - the end seems like it's the hardest. Hoping you are well!

Amanda - I feel you on the stress although it's awesome to get a chance to take more of a leadership role.  Sorry to here about your early maternity leave though in the end you might love it. Is the baby measuring ok still with your small bump and weight loss? Are you having trouble eating because of the nausea ? Maybe some more nuts and dried fruit (and zofran) are in order!

Kim - sorry to hear about the c section but at least you won't have much pain on the front end and you have a b-day! Congrats! Beautiful nursery too, I was also thinking Dr Seuss,  hehe

Jalyn - glad to hear your shower went well.  I have found exercise more difficult recently too but so far the plan is to just keep pushing.  Hope your glucose test went well

Jane - congrats on your switch! Sounds like the new midwife will be able to fit your birth plan better! Why do you have to be so strict on your diet when your gain is so low? Did I miss something?

Stellcorb - my clinical experience is that a woman who has labored before progresses faster on average, but it depends on how dilated you got the first time. Good luck with the VbAC

Mrsjax - great to see you again and learn you are doing so wonderful with staying active!  This is that awkward time where the appetite goes up and the energy level goes down, but you're in the home stretch!

AFM - back from Vegas, where I had a lot of delicious higher calorie food with dessert but at least I drank a lot of water and got in walking plus my workouts. I'm up 1.5 but have until Friday for some of it to come off so I'm not counting it yet :tongue: the review course I took was helpful and motivated me to study certain things before the real deal on Sunday. I fly out to Chicago for it Saturday so I will be focused on studying for most of the week after my shift today. My belly grew by a ton nearly overnight it seems. It's embarrassing almost like I should suck it in since people stare at it but one of the course instructors made me feel good by saying she could tales I'm pregnant cause the rest of me looks tiny. Well I better hurry up and sneak in my workout before work!

Melissa
    29 wk 5 days, +19ish
  • kelley_m
    Options
    The insomnia has been hitting me lately...so thought I'd check in on here! :)

Stellcorb - I think that's awesome that you've decided to go for a vbac! I'm a ftm so unfortunately I don't really have any insight or advice for ya~ but am wishing you a smooth delivery! :)

Kelley - I like the envelope idea, even though I know I personally would cave to the temptation :) (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!) When we got the heartbeat monkey at the ultrasound the tech asked if we wanted her to check gender and then put a blue or pink ribbon on the monkey and box it up....I did consider it for a sec lol My due date is June 17th, and I figured you must be close since we seem to have similar dr visits, like ultrasounds, glucose etc. The profile pic of your son is so cute that I can just picture him jumping on his new bed not wanting to sleep lol (though I'm sure it's not that cute when you're exhausted). Sounds like you're making really good progress on the baby room! I really need to get myself in gear on that...we haven't done anything so far, it's like a weird mental block for me, I don't know why.

AFM: Had my first visit with our midwife last Friday, and it was like night and day from my last dr that I think I cried from happiness on the drive home lol We were all set to take child care, breastfeeding and CPR/first aid classes at the first hospital...but now at the new hospital everything is booked up! I put us on the waitlist though so hopefully something opens up before the baby gets here! :) Eating plan has been going well though I have been splurging on sweets-namely chocolate-on the weekends, so trying to curb that with fruit instead. Stopped doing the yoga classes to save a bit of $ and have been doing the DVDs instead. Also trying to start daily walks to the park and back which is only about a mile and a half. But the Texas heat makes it a tad harder for me than I would like and battling lower belly aches/groin pressure. Maybe need one of those support bands? On a fun note my first few cloth diapers arrived today! So excited! (about diapers lol) Well have a good night ladies!

Jane
    32wk2d
    (+14)

Jane,

yeah we are a day apart my due date is June 18.
    I hear you on the mental block for the nursery, I would just work by the room for weeks on end...but last few weeks nesting has kicked in and I am a mission to organize organize, organize. Some days stuff gets done other days not so much...like last night I was supposed to clean the master bedroom...but nope went to sleep after putting my son down instead...lol.

So glad the midwife is working out. Hope you get into some of your classes...
    What kind of Cloth diapers did you order. I had a stash of small and medium from my son and have been able to get about 10 newborn size covers from one of the mom listserves I am so I think I will be ok...
    I hear ragababes are really good but I never seem to be able to catch their sale the only have a small open window when they sell and they go fast. Good job on still doing something to stay active.

kelley
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Hi Ladies Happy Hump Day,

Melissa - glad you had fun in Vegas. I have driven through but never stopped...yeah I need to go but not sure I will ever have the time with 2. Not to mention as much as this baby moves in my belly I can only imagine how active it will be once on the outside.
    My son is awesome but yes very, very active...

Ms Jaxx - welcome to 3rd tri...you are doing amazing with staying active...keep up the good work .

AFM - Worked form home today, which was nice...didn't have to waste the gas and 45 min commute each way to sit in an empty office. Will work from home tomorrow as well. Although in the AM I am signed up to take this test to see if I qualify to be a US border control agent. Why you ask ( or maybe not) but just to keep my options open...this is the first time they opened up hiring in 4yrs so I thought I would look into it and see where God leads.
    Last night though was tiring after I got home from work...I took my son to the park for a walk and he did awesome walked the whole way to the park, which is good for him, then played but was so not ready to go when it was time to leave. Then for what seems like no reason, he broke out in a tantrum, he wanted to stand in his cozy car which is a no, no and when I would take him out to walk he would run after the car crying to get back in and stand and then he wanted to hold my hand while standing...it was so odd and extremely fustrating...it took like 40 mins for him to calm down...so there I was pregnant, with a toddler screaming at the top of his lungs crying...it took everything I had not to breakdown...in the end I started singing and that worked to calm us both down and then as if nothing had happened he gets behind the car and pushes it all the way home...OMG...this kid...I love him but sometimes I really wish he could talk. Needless to say after that was dinner time for him and bedtime for both of us.
    Somedays I really miss those infant days when you could buckle your baby in the stroller and push without protest...LOL...
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Jalyn- I tried to go for a walk this weekend and got about a third of the way done from what I’d planned and had to turn around because I was in pain and couldn’t breathe. I find these days that even if I’m doing a lot of talking I get out of breath and have to stop and do a nice big breath before I can continue haha.

Jane- Pictures at the beach would be fun! It’s nowhere near warm enough here for that yet haha. I’m glad you got things settled with the midwife and are much happier now.

Kelley- I have got Evie’s hospital bag packed although haven’t even started looking at one for me. We live 3 minutes from the hospital so I’m not too worried about it, if I forget something hubby can always run home. I must say I think the toddler stage scares me more than the whole pregnancy, birthing, and new baby/mom stage. Glad to hear the nursery is coming together!

Becca- Welcome! Sounds like you are very motivated great job!

Melissa- I have enough sick time banked up at work for it to not affect my maternity leave although since my leave is nowhere near as short as you guys I might be ready to come back then anyways. My fundal height is still on track, in Canada then typically only do 1 ultrasound at 20 weeks and no others unless there are problems so I was lucky to get my early one at 12 weeks. I have no appetite not sure if it’s because of the nausea or just general lack of interest. Glad to hear Vegas was great!

Tara- Keep your chin up chicky! I hope baby makes an appearance soon for you.

AFM- Baby’s dresser arrive yesterday and my sister came over and carried it in for me so I didn’t have to lift it since hubby was at work until this morning. I then tried to be ambitious and build it too....That resulted in 2 hours of work to get the 4 outer sides together and a wood like explosion in the living room before I decided to leave it for hubby. Rib is being relentless and therefore I’m ending up taking lots of breaks to get things done. I broke down and booked an acupuncture appointment although they are unable to get me in until the 9th of May so I might only get one treatment before baby arrives and I lose my benefits for that. Hope everyone is having a great week.

Amanda
    35W
    (+23lbs)
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Kelley_M- that's an awesome story and I feel your pain... gotta say though, the toddler being able to talk is not always a help to the tantrum situation! My son Max is 2 (getting much closer to 3) and the tantrums are still out of the blue even though he can communicate (ish). He asks for something and you give it to him, but then he throws it... I don't get it. I do admire your patience though because mine has definately been wearing thin as this pregnancy progresses.

So, I know hip/ back pain is just one of the fun parts of the 3rd tri-mester, but have you ladies gotten any relief from the support bands? In other words... is it worth the cost for 2 months of use?

32 weeks on Saturday +24lbs (oy)
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Kelly- at least you didn't have to carry a 40lb screaming toddler away from the park. Mine hates leaving the park. Or coming inside at all.

I'll have my 40 week appt tomorrow and discuss options. I had a really rough day yesterday broke down, and ate terribly, choc chip cookies, McDonald's and lil ceasers. I felt awful. But today I've been doing better. I walked on my treadmill and even attempted a slow jog.... Just to get this baby out! I guess I'm just worried that babies environment is being compromised because it's been in there for so long. My due date is still the 29th, but my first came around 37-38 weeks and I was expecting history to repeat itself. Sadly not the case. Hanging on.

Tara
    39 weeks 5 days :(
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Jane- Sorry about the insomnia! And I"m glad to hear you like the midwife. Good luck with your walks!

Becca- Welcome! Way to go on the work outs! All I can seem to do is walk now-a-days. I tried to do a WOD yesterday and I could only do the squats and the "good mornings", which aren't hard at all. The squats felt AMAZING on my hips though. Keep it up!

Melissa- Have a safe trip to Chicago and good luck!

Kelley - That does sound very frustrating. I don't know if I"m altogether ready for the toddler and tantrum stage. But is anyone ever? Singing is a good idea. I'll have to remember that.

Amanda - Yay on getting the dresser!! I hope your rib feels better soon. I've never tried acupuncture. Does it hurt?

Tara- 40 weeks!! Woot! So close. Keep up the good work on walking. Keep us posted.

AFM- Doctor appointment went well enough on Wednesday. I opted out of the vitamin b12 shot I've been getting regularly and I wish I hadn't. I think they helped me more than I knew. :ohwell: I'll get one next month, I guess. I'm up another 5 lbs from last month. I need to pay closer attention to my eating because I'm already up 30lbs and I've got 2 more months to go! Yikes! These last 2 weeks of less exercise and eating more sweets has had a major impact on the scale! I've done better this week, but I've got to keep it up!
    It's FRIDAY!! I'm very happy about that. Only 15 more days of school. :happy: :drinker:
    Jalyn
    30w3d
    +30lbs
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Dr said I was 2cm today! So hopefully soon.
  • kelley_m
    Options
    Happy Weekend ladies.

Thanks for all the support...yeah my little guy is the greatest but sometimes parenting can be fustrating and then being preggers on top of that somedays is just too much.

Tara - 2 cm...YIPPY!!!!!!!!!! Honestly any day now...keep walking that's what did it for me first time around...I would just walk and walk and then went into labor. I also tried Raspberry leaf tea ( I would NOT recommend it) that may or may not have helped I don't know. Hang in there baby will be here soon. Hope you are able to get at least a little rest these last few nights.

Jalyn - 15 more days of school...Yeah and then you get some vacation to time to relax before baby comes...sounds like a good deal...hope the kids act right these last 2 weeks. And no...I don't think there is way to prepare for the toddler stage...I just pray and sing through it and it's supposed to last 2-3 yrs...humm...yeah.

Stellcor - not sure about the bands from what people are saying it does help...but I decided not to get one because I wasn't sure just how much use I would get out of it this stage.

Amanda - Yeah on the dresser...too bad you couldn't get it together but thank goodness for wonderful handy hubsbands and sister to carry things. Hope you have an awesome weekend.

AFM- Last couple days have been busy trying to get bits and pieces done. I went thrift store hunting yesterday and got some shelf for the baby's and some summer clothes for my sone and Jars and a great big basket to put in the baby rooms...I got quite a bit for the little bit of money I spent. Then last night I went through all my son's clothes and have started a bin of items I can consign and those I can give away and brought clothes he can wear for the next 6 months. Being the 3rd grandson on both sides means there are lots of clothes to go around and lots of items still have tags so he has had tons of clothes. If I have another boy he will be very well taken care of for the 1st two years. Then today with hubby and my mom's help we put up curtains in the nursery and changed the curtains in my son's room...and moved stuff around the nursery and I got some more clothes put away...I finally feel like I am making some progress it's great. So been a productive two days.
    This weekend we have my nephew's b-day party and a graduation on Sunday...so busy weekend. Not sure I will get much done but it will be nice to just relax. As for the inside baby - baby has been very quiet lately still moving but not bouncing off the walls like before and defintiely growing. Can't wait until Wed so I can get one more glimpse of the little person before he/she becomes an outside baby.

Alright well my back is aching and I am tired so going to head to bed. Hope everyone had an awesome weekend...

Kelley -
    32 wks
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!

please let me know the dosage of iron and folic acid supplement that has been prescribed to u in third trimester.