Looking for running friends!

Options
Hi! I'm training for a 5k in June and then after that for a half in September. I'm hoping to find more running friends on MFP. I'm also looking to incorporate weight training, so I'm inspired by those kinds of workouts also! I want to find people who are interested in being mutual encouragement and support. Please add me as a friend if you think we could spur one another on to running bliss!

Replies

• LLCoolBean
    LLCoolBean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ill add you, I dont have any friends yet :(
    Im planning on doing my first 1/2 in November

anybody else that sees this and wants to add me also please do :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Ill add you, I dont have any friends yet :(
    Im planning on doing my first 1/2 in November

anybody else that sees this and wants to add me also please do :)

That's exciting! Have you been running long? I'm a bit nervous about the half, but I really really want to make it happen!
  • enchantedeskape
    Options
    I'll add both of you :) I'm training for my first half in November :)

I started running back in Oct with C25K and completed my first 5K in December. I did a 10K 2 weeks ago, and I have a 5K tomorrow :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    Enchantedeska - You have a very busy running year ahead of you. That's awesome! I can't wait to hear about all of your races.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'll add you guys.

I'm also working on a half marathon training program for a half in September. I will be doing lots of other races this summer too.

I am also doing Chalean Extreme for strength training, but running is my priority so sometimes I miss CLX so that I'm not sore on certain runs.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You are looking in the right place! I just did a 10K this morning, am doing a half marathon in June, a 10 miler in October, and a few sprint tris this summer. Any of you are free to add me!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am running a Virtual 5K in July (its a Facebook group - so we are all running timed in July), a real 5k in August, a 10K in October, and a Half in November (my first one). I will also be training for my first sprint tri in March. :-)

I am also doing some WO DVDs along the way.

This is keeping me busy and out of trouble, LOL.
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You guys have so many runs lined up!!! It sounds really exciting!!

what are sprint tris?

Any of you feel free to add me :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    I've only got three events scheduled this year - a 5k, Relay for Life, and my half marathon. Next year I'd like to do the Spartan Sprint. I will probably do some 5ks and 10ks next year to focus on building speed and improving PRs. But my budget for race fees is limited (hubby's a full-time student right now), so I probably won't enter a ton at this point. It's fun seeing what everyone else is doing though!
  • Brese
    Brese Posts: 6
    Options
    I’ve been running for the past year and a half. I’ll be running my 6th half marathon next weekend. I’ve also ran several 5k’s and one full marathon (mostly walked) since last summer. Running has helped lose 90lbs since July 2010. :D
    Feel free to add me!

Lori
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'll add you!

I started running again about a year ago after a 9 year hiatus. I am officially addicted to running again. I also do P90X--just finished my first round and I'm going to start a 2nd round next week.

Anyone else can feel free to add me too!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options
    I've heard P90X is an amazing workout. I might try it someday!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

I really think P90X is what helped to improve my speed. eta: I didn't lose any weight while doing it (and that really frustrated me) so I'm going to be more careful when I start my second round. But my running times were greatly improved.
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great group! I'm doing my second half marathon in Oct, I would like to get my time down to under 2hrs. I'm currently getting my fitness levels back by doing strength training 2 - 3 times a week and running with a running club 2 times a week, loving it so far, then 3 months before the half marathon I will following a training programme. Adding you all now

Adjoa
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    Options

I really think P90X is what helped to improve my speed. eta: I didn't lose any weight while doing it (and that really frustrated me) so I'm going to be more careful when I start my second round. But my running times were greatly improved.

That makes sense. I can see how increased strength would help a runner to run more efficiently, thereby improving speed. I'm working to add in strength training. I admit that this is the thing I don't look forward to. I've been doing Pilates and I'm wanting to do this Iron Strength workout that I found online that was written by a sports medicine physician who's also a triathlete. I made it through over half the workout (nowhere near the number of reps he recommends). It's all plyometric stuff....whew!