New C to 5 K runners as of 4/23/12

Options

Replies

• MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done. I did great with my first run and even felt great after wards. Tonight I finished the program as I was supposed to but I feel like I have been hit by a truck. How is everyone else doing? I am also doing Jillian Michaels 90 DBR so maybe the soreness from that is contributing to some of my extra fatigue?
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I restarted it again this weekend. Did it on Monday. Was going to do the second workout yesterday but was feeling like crap. My goal is to do the second workout today after work.
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Even if you miss a day and get a bit off schedule remember it is just one day. Pick up where you left off and you will do great!
  • MamaJess
    Options
    question for other runners. It's kind of gross but here goes... When I run I have to spit a lot because the saliva build up is so insane, and my nose gets very snotty also. Is this normal? If not what should I do to correct it?:ohwell:
  • ArtsyHouston22
    Options
    1st week, 3rd day into C25k. Now I remember why I used to run--the runner's high that lasts throughout the day!
    Definitely have a tender ankle so I need to adhere to the schedule and not get overzealous and skip rest days.

Looking for C25k buddies to follow...please feel free to add me!

80 pounds to lose!
  • cgpriest4
    cgpriest4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What program are you all following? I would love to try it out too!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I repeated W2D1 yesterday; still difficult. I think because I over-stressed my calf muscles (did a step class) and they were burning!! But I am going to move on to d2 tomorrow morning regardless. I have to be ready for June!!!
  • pashun_phlower
    pashun_phlower Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up week one, it it too late to join the group? I used to be an avid runner and have become rather sedentary :grumble:
  • racebelle88
    Options
    New here will be starting the program tomorrow.i have fibromyalgia so it is not gonna be easy but I'm determined to run a 5k in July.my family and friends don't think I can do it but i know i can .Could use some support
  • MamaJess
    Options
    Everyone is welcome to join at any point in their program. We are all here to encourage, inspire, and motivate each other.
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    I started last week, but I'm repeating W1 this week...I'm 5'6" and weigh about 215 lbs. My feet were pretty achy after W1D3, so I tried lacing my shoes differently (worked like a charm!) and I started my repeat week today. I've been doing an hour of cardio 3 times a week since last fall, so the first week wasn't too bad (except for the achy feet). I'm optimistic and looking forward to following the group's progress through the program! Good luck to all! :)
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    W2D2 down! Week 2 is definately harder than week 1 but I'm getting thru it and still have the energy to get on the elliptical after. I'm finding that I'm not really burning many calories with c25k; probably I need to pick up the pace a bit but I'm trying to work myself up there.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep to the schedule next week - I am on vacation for a week to the beach. I"m going to try and get out a couple times while I"m there but I'm not familiar with the area so it'll be hard.
  • missleelee_2007
    missleelee_2007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Doint W2D2 tonight. I've never been a runner and sometimes I blame my parents because I was smoked around pretty well my entire life and it has always felt like I cannot catch my breath. Starting the program was hard but I've really started enjoying it. Luckily my wonderful husband goes with me to keep me company. It is definitely something I have started to look forward to. I see it as a challenge!
  • HealthyMom1961
    Options
    I just printed out the info on c:5k and hope that I can do it. I may just read some posts before I really commit to this. Using message boards and using all of this internet stuff for losing wgt is new to me. I will keep trying. Anything is better than how I have tried to lose wgt and get fit. I think they call it fantasy
  • HealthyMom1961
    Options
    Good for you. Fibro is a rough one. I know a lot of people with it. Be gentle and keep going a little at a time:smile:
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Finished week 2 day 3 tonight, ready to start on week 3 in a couple of days!!
  • pashun_phlower
    pashun_phlower Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    W1D1 down. Honestly, I expected my knee to hurt. Right now it's not even sore, so yay!!
  • sive1990
    sive1990 Posts: 38
    Options
    AH! I would LOVE some company!! I'm starting my first EVER C25K today & am super amped! Would love to meet some friends with similar goals in mind. YIPPEE! Look forward to getting to know you all.
  • bhurley1424
    Options
    I did W2D3 yesterday morning - Hopefully I can keep it up while on vacation. I'm bringing my gear with me so we'll see! I"m really loving this!!! I look forward to my next run on the rest days! It's just what I needed to get me back on track.
  • reneemalone82
    reneemalone82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello All!! I am new to C25K and I did W1D1 yesterday. I am 5' 8", 214lbs and thought I was going to hyperventilate towards the end. I just could'nt really catch my breath on the walking parts. I am totally motivated but I really hope this gets easier for me. :ohwell: