Six weeks later...it's really working!!!

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
I've been reading thread after thread on this group about how it's hard to understand how the "eat more, weigh less" method works. I've also been reading about people who are becoming frustrated when they don't see results right away when they increase their calories.

So....let me assure you that this method DOES work!

I began to eat more 6 weeks ago by slowing increasing my calories. I've been at my TDEE - 20% now for about 3 of these weeks.

Once I hit my final number of 1700 calories, I kept losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. Yes, I was losing inches in the meantime but I really wanted to see the scale go down even if it was only .5 pounds.

But nothing.

Now it's 6 weeks almost to the day and the weight is falling off of me almost on a daily basis. I'm finally past that darn 2 pounds I kept gaining and losing. I've lost that 2 pounds plus another 2 pounds in just a matter of 9 days!!

I've been eating my 1700 calories...making sure to net at least my BMR.

So for those of you who are not seeing results within the first 6 weeks, you have to commit to the process and hang in there.

Trust that it WILL work!!!!

ETA: I'm also hypothyroid and take thyroid meds every day. I also take Paxil every day. I'm 43 years old and post-menopausal (I know, super early but it's the crappy family genes).

So you can have a thyroid condition, be on antidepressants, be over 40 and in menopause and STILL lose weight!!!

Replies

• jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I second that! 7 weeks in and the scale and measurements are finally significantly dropping!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I second that! 7 weeks in and the scale and measurements are finally significantly dropping!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I love it!!! It just goes to show that commitment and faith in this method will work!!!
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I need these encouragements. I'm starting my 4th week on Monday of eating more and still waiting. I'm back up to starting weight right now due to TOM and a little too much sodium last night but I keep hanging in there...waiting till my weight falls below that 'magic number' that tells me it's working for me.

Congrats for sticking it out! Keep it up!
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your success should be shouted from a mountain top for the whole world to hear:happy:
    I am starting my third week and after hearing your story today I vow to keep going.
    So happy for you:flowerforyou:
  • lillebanon
    lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm still bouncing around in a 3 lbs range, at three weeks in, but I'm still 1 lbs down from my starting weight, so I never saw a big gain, thankfully. I'm eating maintenance for at least 1 more week (i did the 1200 cal thing for a LOOONG time, so I want to make sure I reset my metabolism so I can get the most benefit from my cut), then I'll go to a 15% cut.
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 2 weeks into this. I will weigh in at my 2 week mark this wednesday.. I will not give up regardless of what the scale says. The simple fact that I have double the amount of energy is enough for me to keep going. I see small changes in less than a week. So I will keep pushing. thanks you all for the encouraging post !!

Wooohooo!!! to everyone!!!!!:happy:
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    I'm about 5 weeks into eating more and thought I had finally turned the corner. But over the last week I've gained a couple pounds and I can feel myself hitting that mental wall of just wanting to give up.

I haven't been able to exercise at all and I've been going non-stop with life lately. It's gotten really hectic and I'm sure with the lack of exercise combined with the added stress has caused my body to just not be happy with me right now. With everything that is going on, I'm going to try to fit in short bursts of exercise here and there. Just been soo tired lately... LOL

But I'm going to keep eating like I am for at least another week and hopefully things turn around.

Thanks for posting this today!! I needed the inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm sure everyone can't wait to read this :)
  • mickeyluvchocolat
    Options
    awesome!!

Almost back to my start weight:( but I have and I will Keep going! I lost inches... better than nothing!!!

thanks for sharing!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! It's very encouraging.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    This has worked for me too.

I increased my daily goal 1200 to 1800 cals about 6 weeks ago, and although I gained 5lbs during the process I'm now down to below what I was when I increased my cals.

Please feel free to add me, as I'm always to make friends with those who have a similar approach :wink:
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I also have hypothyroidism. I increased mine about 4-5 weeks ago. No gain or loss. I am losing inches so I know it's working.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! It's such a great feeling to see your hard work pay off!!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great news! Thanks for sharing your story, it gives us hope! :flowerforyou:
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    Congratulations! That's very encouraging news. I'm also hypo, and have PCOS, and am officially in my 40's. I've been at 1800 for 4 weeks, and am up 4-5lbs. since I started. Measurements have not changed. I get discouraged on a daily basis.

Thank GOD I read posts like yours, that convince me not to give up; that if I work the program, it should eventually work for me.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    so so happy for you
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an inspirational post to read!!!
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I've been eating at least 1800 calories a day for the past 6 weeks and I haven't really lost "weight" but I've lost fat and inches. :)
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting ... your a legend and doing great ... here to the rest of your life. :drinker:
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats :drinker: