Welcome to 30 Day Shred May 2012

Options

Replies

• bpg79
    bpg79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Betsy and I have also tried the 30DS but was never able to complete it for various reasons. I am hoping that being part of this group will give me the motivation I need to stick with it and lose the weight and inches I want before June. :)
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Naveel, and I used to alternate between 30 Day Shred Levels 1 & 2, and No More Trouble Zones. I bought the DVD when it first came out in 2008, and it really helped me reshape my body and lose 36 lbs. I recently lost 9 lbs, after gaining 10 back last year, and now I'd like to lose the last pound, and maybe 5 more...a total of 6 lbs. The weight isn't as important as toning up my thighs, my butt and my arms so I can look how I did 2 years ago!
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mandi and I just bought the dvd Saturday and finished my 1st work out this morning..
  • Gladiolus
    Gladiolus Posts: 20
    Options
    It's at the top of my Netflix queue. Should have it by May 1st. Never tried it before and excited to get started!
  • lottier0311
    lottier0311 Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm going to join you! I'll fill in the spreadsheet later on tonight!
  • Arestoktra
    Options
    Hello, my name is Mona and this'll be my 2nd attempt to finish 30DS. I had to stop my routine because of a trip and a following TOM, I hope this time I can nail it.
  • ovenboy
    ovenboy Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello, my name is Owen, Ive got this dvd, do many men do it? Can i join the group if so or will it be an issue? Trying to ick start my fitness back to life at the mo...
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Owen, Ive got this dvd, do many men do it? Can i join the group if so or will it be an issue? Trying to ick start my fitness back to life at the mo...

hey Owen - great to have you on board - there's definitely atleast another guy doing it check him out int he group names - or via my friends list - EricwithaC - he's ACE

it's open to anyone and everyone, the workouts are actually pretty hard work, but there seems to be a stigma about exercise dvds being for girls.... so JOIN JOIN JOIN
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karin, I am up in Canada and am eager to get going!! My 50th is coming up and I want to feel like I am on the right track to FINALLY get control of my weight!!

Thanks for pulling this group together!!
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karin, I am up in Canada and am eager to get going!! My 50th is coming up and I want to feel like I am on the right track to FINALLY get control of my weight!!

Thanks for pulling this group together!!

Where in canada? i'm in hamilton ontario :)

Oh, Hi, I'm Patricia, I've been pretty athletic all my life, till injuries and life sidelined me completely, i went from 145 in july 2009 to 195 in dec 2011. i've been working away at it and am down to 172 now. hoping the shred(along with my usual jiu jitsu workouts) will help me get back into shape quicker.
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    my name is Twyla I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. This will be my 3rd attempt at the 30DS. I stopped the first 2 times due to getting illnesses during my routine and never picked it back up. I am hoping this time I will complete each of the levels for the full 30 days!

15756299.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • emalbright
    emalbright Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My name is Erin and I have tried 30DS numerous times, never making it past level 1.
    Hoping this time i can stick with it and stay motivated!
    Good luck to us all!
  • ovenboy
    ovenboy Posts: 10
    Options
    great! im ready to go. Ill check out the spreadsheet....
  • mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in! and this time I will finish it! Good luck everyone!
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Melissa :) I have tried doing the 30 day shred once before but after day 1 I started having extreme lower abdominal pain and eventually it took me to the ER which I found that I had a 6.5 cm cyst on my right ovary.. They wanted to operate but waited 2 weeks to see if it would shrink naturally.. luckily it did but did not leave me painless... I am now in the clear after a visit to the doc Friday it has shrunk 4 cm and they think it will go away naturally!! Here is to me not feeling down anymore.. Here is to me putting the hard in front of the easy.. and getting to the me I want to be..

:happy:
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hi - i'm katie & i live in colorado. apparently, i've really decided to jump up my weight release because i'm also starting c25k tomorrow. i'm hoping that by the end of may, i look & feel more like i want to. thanks for starting such an awesome group. oh, i've had 30DS for more than a year & i think i may have tried it once & didn't get far. looking forward to the support & comraderie.
  • ashielovesdashie88
    Options
    Hi my name is Melissa :) I have tried doing the 30 day shred once before but after day 1 I started having extreme lower abdominal pain and eventually it took me to the ER which I found that I had a 6.5 cm cyst on my right ovary.. They wanted to operate but waited 2 weeks to see if it would shrink naturally.. luckily it did but did not leave me painless... I am now in the clear after a visit to the doc Friday it has shrunk 4 cm and they think it will go away naturally!! Here is to me not feeling down anymore.. Here is to me putting the hard in front of the easy.. and getting to the me I want to be..

:happy:
    Hi there Melissa, i have cysts on my ovaries as well and have found that abdominal exercises exacerbated the whole situation. However i'm with you currently as i have a cyst on my right ovary of 5cm and will be doing this program as well. Good luck!
  • ashielovesdashie88
    Options
    Hi everyone! i'm Ashley from Radford Virginia. This is my first time doing the 30 day shred and will be doing it with my boyfriend for extra support. I'm super nervous as i've heard so many people say that they drop out with level 2 but i will complete this no matter what. Good luck to everyone! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • gillz89
    gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Amanda and I'm 23 and a senior in college. I'm from St. Louis, MO but go to school in Rolla. I'm a computer programmer, so I sit in front of a screen basically all day everyday. I got 30DS in the mail about a month ago (one of my friends recommended it) and have yet to open it. Figure this will provide me a good motivation to finally start it and hopefully stick with it!
  • bseiscio
    bseiscio Posts: 8
    Options
    Howdy! Brittany from Indiana and I'm 21. Just starting to get in shape and thought the 30 day shred would be a good place to start, hoping with a little motivation I can stick with it.