Phase 3, Week 11 and 12

Options
For all things related to Phase 3, Week 11 and 12

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ok... who is on Week 11 and 12? I start tomorrow.. I know there are a few of you out there a head of me. I unfortunately cheered too quickly about no more dive bombers... then I watched workout 11 and saw they are back but this time they're forrrr real.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I did an extra week of 9/10 so I start 11 today.
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    Ooh boy! I'm going to be watching this thread! I'm on week 6, but my (morbid?) curiosity wants to see what everyone thinks of 11 and 12. Good luck. You have all come so far and you are leading the way for the rest of us!
  • misslauren927
    misslauren927 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I start week 11 today! I will report back this afternoon after I do week 11 and an insanity workout!!! lol
  • theredcliche
    Options
    well, i watched workout 11 and 12 yesterday and i was seriously concerned that i would not be able to finish this workout. all the pushups and stupid chaturanga for 30 seconds, i truly truly thought it was going to be the workout that i was gonna give up in the middle. however, this morning i had no trouble. yeah, pushups are hard. yeah holding in chaturanga is hard for 30 seconds, but i did it. i didn't even feel like i was going to die. i honestly think workout 9 and 10 were harder for me the first day i did them than workout 11 was today. if you watch workout 12, jillian seems a little lenient.. of course i haven't done the workout yet, but i feel like it won't be as difficult as workout 11.
  • roander
    Options
    I....finished....can't....do....chaturanga...(huff, huff)...will...teach me...not to...slack off...the week before...

My knees really feel like they took a beating-I had to modify quite a bit. I was shocked when she said grab a weight, get into boat pose and twist the weight over from side to side. I just got into boat pose and did it...I've definitely improved on that move and I still have to bend my knees, but I did it!

Can not do the 3-point pushup. I have to get on knees for that one.
  • theredcliche
    Options
    I....finished....can't....do....chaturanga...(huff, huff)...will...teach me...not to...slack off...the week before...

My knees really feel like they took a beating-I had to modify quite a bit. I was shocked when she said grab a weight, get into boat pose and twist the weight over from side to side. I just got into boat pose and did it...I've definitely improved on that move and I still have to bend my knees, but I did it!

Can not do the 3-point pushup. I have to get on knees for that one.

that 3 point pushup is soooooo difficult. my husband in the army even has trouble with it! ;)
  • roander
    Options
    OK, so I don't feel so bad now
    Crab kicks weren't so awful either, but there will be no double-timing it for me at this point!

Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest. I check my HRM and it says 117. WTH?!?
  • theredcliche
    Options
    whew. workout 12. it looks so easy. i mean reverse fly in plank... you wouldn't think it would be difficult in week 11 and 12, but it is. i used 5 lb weights for it and was saying, "she said 3s, you should have used 3s" the entire time. i really didn't think this workout was too bad though. the cable work really works your shoulders... oh and that cable, hollow man, fly "teaser" move she does... i think there is something magic in their cables because i don't come up into a V as easily as they do... they make it look so easy! i will have to say that my shoulders and chest really are sore from workout 11 yesterday though!
  • roander
    Options
    Haven't we done Reverse Fly in Plank before? Why was it so HARD today? I had to do my second set on my knees!
    There is no way that I will ever be able to do Wheel. I don't bend like that.

Honestly, I agree that it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't preview it, so I had no idea what to expect.

Dancing Crabs? No problem! However, I did notice that not everyone had their hands facing the same direction. It's easier if you let your hands splay out a little.
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    I start workout 11 on Monday...so glad to be done w/9 and 10!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I start w/o 11 on Monday as well. Thanks for the heads up!! So what are you ladies going to do next?
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Haven't we done Reverse Fly in Plank before? Why was it so HARD today? I had to do my second set on my knees!
    There is no way that I will ever be able to do Wheel. I don't bend like that.

Honestly, I agree that it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't preview it, so I had no idea what to expect.

Dancing Crabs? No problem! However, I did notice that not everyone had their hands facing the same direction. It's easier if you let your hands splay out a little.

Stay positive. You will be able to do the Wheel Push Ups. Even if you start with just one. That's awesome!
    I just finished day 89 today and my wheel improved greatly over the last 3 weeks.

Check out my blog

phatsoslim.blogspot.com

Stay Strong!
    Trina
  • roander
    Options
    I'm not even going to try the wheel - I'm glad you were able to do it but when I tried, my head got dizzy immediately. I thought I was going to be sick!

Congratulations on your trip through the Revolution!
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    I did workout 12 for the first time yesterday...couldn't get into wheel at all so just did regular pushups instead. I was shocked that I could do the dancing crabs! Felt great :)
  • Stardam
    Stardam Posts: 4
    Options
    Today I did workout 11 for the final time. I have never been happier to be done with a workout in my life. Lol. I hated that one!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up ladies! Week 11/12 begins on Monday, Memorial Day - great :ohwell:
  • Stardam
    Stardam Posts: 4
    Options
    To me wo 11 was by far the hardest but I LOVE wo 12 so it made the last 3 weeks bearable! Good luck!
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Start my final week on Monday. Kinda sad! I love how strong his program has mde me feel. I am going to do insanity and then come back and do phases 2 & 3
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Dancing crabs????
    Seriously???? Dancing??????
    I didnt davce at all... I looked mostly like dead crab....