30's Daily - 5/1

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
(lilpe5512)
(hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
(G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Happy May day!

Thanks for adding the names, Sara Grace!

OK, so I'm down 1 lb since Sunday, but still have 1.5 to go just to break even on Friday at weigh in. Water retention? Who knows.

I have a 9am appt with the traveling masseuse, I hope it helps my back! My 2yo was awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, and spent the rest of the night in our bed, so that's not helping. :grumble:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    What is the deal with May day anyways? I heard people talking about maypoles and baskets at work yesterday. Is this something we actually celebrate? Apparently I live under a rock as I've never heard of this stuff :tongue:

Debbie, I hope the masseuse helps your back!

I'm off for a busy day of work and then to the gym for some lifting tonight. Have a good day everyone!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My first daily post. :)

This morning I woke up to the worst possible thing I could imagine: a broken Keurig. I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for an extra large coffee on the way into work, but it was too hot to drink until more than halfway through my commute (and I have an hour drive). I'm still feeling pretty zombie-like right now, so I hope that shakes off soon.

I really need to get to the gym tonight. I forced myself to rest on Sunday and while I had good intentions yesterday, I went for a walk with a friend who needed to vent last night (thinking I would go to the gym right after), and we talked up until I needed to get home to go to bed.
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This morning I woke up to the worst possible thing I could imagine: a broken Keurig.

Dear God, no!! I'd flip out!! I drink a cup during my 45 minute commute EVERY morning . . . and then another cup once I get here.

The venting friend walk actually sound pretty awesome - if I were still near my friends, I have a feeling that would be a ritual . . . and knowing us, we'd probably burn A LOT of calories doing it. :wink:

I was so hungry yesterday - that's the first day I've had like that in at least 4 weeks. Even when I was just doing the 1200 calories. I'm guessing my weekend of super hiking spiked my metabolism or something. Then I was shaky and had a headache at the end of the work day - almost ditched the gym thinking I needed a full rest day. But I sucked it up and went anyway thinking, "I can rest tomorrow." Ended up having a decent workout.

Oh, and I picked up an 18 pack of the Premier Nutrition protein shakes at Costco for about $25 . . . so good! And only 160 calories plus 30 grams of protein!! Bonus!

So far operation Sodium Watch is going . . . "ok". It's tough to stay under the 2500mg when you need most of your snacks and meals to be quick and convenient. I still say I'm getting enough fluids to flush out the excess. :drinker: Excuses . . . shame on me. :tongue:

And I started something last night that I hope will help motivate me - kind of like a diary. I began typing up notes of what I've done so far, what I've learned, and my personal thoughts on what helps make this all feel a bit more manageable. It's like I'm prepping to share my "Success Story" . . . the power of positive thinking, or something like that.
  • AmandaK3
    AmandaK3 Posts: 80
    Options
    How is it May first already?! This year is ticking by way too fast.

Just for the record "May Day" is/was a pagen holiday to celebrate the first day of summer (June 21 was considered Midsummer), and in the northern european areas was to celebrate the planting of crops and the fertility of the earth.

Anyways, I made the BEST shake this morning, blueberries, raspberries, Whey Gourmet Naturelle Vanilla, and a little milk and greek yogurt. I've started making a double recipe in the morning and leaving a little bit in the freezer for the BF. He normally hates protien shakes, but since switching to the Naturelle line and adding the yogurt he is all over it. If you're looking for a powder I highly recommend it, I've always like Whey Gourmet but once I decided to go off artifical sweetners I had to give it up. THEN I found out they started making one that has no artificial sweetners, it was like angels singing. :) I also like the Body by Vi shake mix but it's twice the price.

Last night I skipped and opted to go for a walk with Ted (the BF), he is so lazy, so when he says he's up for a good long walk then I have to jump at the chance. :happy: It was a beautful night so it was a good choice anyways. I'm hoping I can get him out one more time this week.

Hope you all have a glorious Tuesday. :flowerforyou:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya gang, i hope everyone's having a good day. May day is also my parents wedding anniversary. This year is their 41st. Having the night off from the gym tonight as my knee's sore again and i've had an overly dramatic day. One of our employees, a vile nasty piece of work stormed off site today and took another worker with him leaving us short staffed. I'm not sad to see him go and home i never have to lay eyes on him again. Time will tell though on that one. So it's longer days and earlier starts for a while all made the more annoying by the fact that my bike has another puncture. Puncture proof tyres my *kitten*!
  • jaxygirl
    jaxygirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Here's hoping that your Tuesday is filled with happiness and weight loss.

After swimming for an ungodly amount of time last night, I must say, I'm beyond exhausted this morning. But it felt good to have a coached workout and to have someone paying attention to what I was doing. I just can't lift my arms this morning..perhaps more strength training...

Anyhoodle, looking for to meeting with my diet girls this evening.

Cheers All!
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    I am stress glitching today. I keep forgetting what I am intending to do when I start doing something. Ugh, it super sucks.

I found out that my biological dad (I am adopted but know my biological father) fell and broke his hip. I haven't seen him in nine years but I am worried about him being alone for his surgery. He doesn't really have anyone (besides his sister, who is out of town). I just don't know what to do. I live in California and he's in Pittsburgh so getting to him would be no small task. He lives in a home for disabled veterans so he doesn't need post-surgery help around the house or anything like that. Also, he is mentally ill and can be really difficult, particularly when under a lot of stress. But I feel a duty to make sure he isn't alone even though I suspect the trip would be complete misery. I really don't know what to do. I guess I am leaning toward staying put and waiting to hear how it goes. I don't think I could make it there before his surgery anyway.

Anyway, that has got my whole day wrapped up. I am doing laundry just in case I need to get on a plane right away.

Hope you guys are having a better day. :-)

Sara Grace
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm running late today. I've been sluggish all day. :yawn: I took some meds that the Dr. gave me last October to help easy my mind and help me sleep. I was really stressed and started having headaches while studying to sit for my CPA exam. Well they didn't work then and still don't work now. I felt like I was drunk when 5am rolled around. It has taken me all day to shake it. I thought I was gonna have to come home and take a nap after work. But now I good! Hope everyone had a good day!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    You know, I realized today what a huge effect getting off your normal routine can have. Normally I cook a big meal that makes 4 servings to take for lunch on Sunday's and this week and last week I did not. And now I've realized that both weeks it really has had a bad impact on my diet! I feel like I've been eating terribly and I finally figured out this is why. I've been eating out more, picking up more pre-packaged snacks and prepared foods. Well, at least I figured it out! Time to get back on track with my food.