30 Day Paleo and Primal Challenge for May 2012

Options
gersoco
gersoco Posts: 155 Member
I forget if May comes in like a lion or out like a lamb but what's important is that, in theory, we can eat either animal!

May begins in a few short hours and summer up here in the North comes a month after, so I'm taking the first 30 days of May to re-challenge myself to follow the Primal plan for 30 days.

You're welcome to join me if you're up for it and it doesn't even matter if you follow Paleo or Primal.
I found rules for the 30 day challenge for both lifestyles...

Here is the dirt on what to do for the Primal 30 day challenge:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-primal-blueprint-30-day-challenge/

Here are the steps on what to do for the Paleo 30 day challenge:
http://www.paleoplan.com/2012/01-09/paleo-plans-1st-annual-30-day-paleo-challenge-starts-now/

Choose your favorite weapon and let the hunt begin!!

Replies

• rla099
    rla099 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too in May with my box. I'm scared. :)
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great resource, thanks for sharing!
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the paleo challenge site. It has helped me sorta dfine what I think I am doing. I am going to try to eat Paleo for the month of May. The hardest challenge is going to be feeding my spouse - i.e. convincing him that I am not killing him by eating "diet" food! LOL. I think if I pre-plan stuff well, so that the dinner meal is made ahead of time, or easy to prepare ( cua I am always tired in the evenings), then it will work out... Anyways, here's to a GOOD MONTH of PALEO EATING in MAY!

:) J
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I did a 30 day challenge back in feb/March and while I haven't fallen off the wagon and gone back to eating SAD - I have been a little looser as far as not watching my carbs and sugars (i.e. enjoying that fruit a bit too much and occasionally a sweet treat) - I managed to get rid of 5 lbs when I did that...I have lost an additional 2 but...would love to go back to watching for a month and maybe drop another 5 or so before I have to go buy myself a bathing suit :(

I'm in :)
  • twinmom01
    Options
    Thank you for the paleo challenge site. It has helped me sorta dfine what I think I am doing. I am going to try to eat Paleo for the month of May. The hardest challenge is going to be feeding my spouse - i.e. convincing him that I am not killing him by eating "diet" food! LOL. I think if I pre-plan stuff well, so that the dinner meal is made ahead of time, or easy to prepare ( cua I am always tired in the evenings), then it will work out... Anyways, here's to a GOOD MONTH of PALEO EATING in MAY!

:) J

Not diet food - good whole food...when i first started a while ago my husband grumbled until i started throwing steak and tuna and roasted veggies in front of him...

I didn't push him into "eating" my way - as he is responsible for his breakfast and lunch - but he has slowly changed his way of eating - one example was one night I made chicken sauteed in Franks hot sauce with chopped Bacon, avacado and tomato and we used lettuce leaves to wrap it with...ever since then he buys nice boston lettuce and now does lettuce wraps for lunch instead of using bread (of course it helps there was a program on the news about how much sugar is in bread which made him rethink all the bread he was eating too) (BTW a head of nice Boston Lettuce is cheaper than a decent loaf of bread)
  • gersoco
    Options
    Not diet food - good whole food..
    I agree 190% I'm eating much healthier on Primal and as a bonus, my weight keeps dropping..

Congrats to y'all!! I've heard that woolly mammoth is especially tasty in May. :-)
  • thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh Yay! I'm totally in. I was slipping back into some bad habits and I need to refocus :) So far, so good...the raging headache is back - which means I'm doing something right :)
  • Zerashen
    Zerashen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links! I've been floating near the edges for a while, so this challenge might be the best way to just dive in!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Challenge it up!

I am in this too. I really want to eat well this month! The last 2 weeks I've been following the 80/20 rule. I've been allowing myself a choice of two servings (about 150 cals) of either high fat organic dairy, nuts, fruit, 80% dark chocolate, or red wine and this has been working fairly well. I also haven't been so serious about watching my calorie consumption but rather my carbs and for some reason this last week has been super easy. I've been trying to do this for a while and it just hasn't CLICKED until now.
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Count me in for May, need to clean up the eating anyway.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    I'm doin the Whole30 this May, so let's get this party started! We'll all be rockstars by June :)
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I was doing so well not cheating at all and then I fell off the wagon. Ready to do this!
  • hulle
    hulle Posts: 1
    Options
    Just what I needed! I have been experimenting with paleo and intermittent fasting last couple of weeks and now it is time to hop in full effort.

My plan is to eat paleo and do IF from dinner to lunch everyday. So bye bye breakfast and evening snacks.
  • TDSExpress
    TDSExpress Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in...started yesterday just didn't get back to tis thread...I tried paleo back in december and felt great...then Christmas, New Years, and my kids birthday parties (3) sent me off the rails...began reading a few books I bought last week, geared up over the weekend and started paleo, began loggin it yesterday...giving a solid 100% effort for the month of May...figuring I'm gonna continue with it this time and make the needed adjustments come the holidays.....cheers to all *raising my coffee"
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    doing whole30 this month, as of yesterday!

of course I WOULD pick my start-date to be one where I know I'm going out to dinner... I might have consumed some butter (I'm not sure?) but otherwise I was successful!! :)

good luck to everybody. x
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. The links you posted are very helpful and I'll be reading into them more tonight. I'm sad for no popcorn though. I always make it with coconut oil but ya...ok no popcorn :)
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) I'm doing a very low carb primal challenge right now- so these will coincide well :)
  • twinmom01
    Options
    I'll do it. The links you posted are very helpful and I'll be reading into them more tonight. I'm sad for no popcorn though. I always make it with coconut oil but ya...ok no popcorn :)

Last time i did a 30 day - the day before i had a bowl of popcorn and the day after I finished I had a bowl of popcorn... :)

Darn...and I didn't have one before I started this time...oh well something to look forward too
  • gersoco
    Options
    I'm looking to do IFs as well.. And drink buckets of water to wash away the sodium and the rubbish proteins and fats that are burned while on the IF.

Welcome to ALL the new members of the tribe.. Those Woolly Mammoth don't stand a chance!! :-)

In case y'all are interested in Intermittent Fasting: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-intermittent-fasting/
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    How are the first few days of may going for y'all? I have been compliant without much struggle. On Monday I ate a little more fruit than I would have liked, but didn't go completely overboard. And I'm super proud of last night. Late night eating is my totally downfall. Even if what I'm eating is good. And even of my daily total is still acceptable. I have an almost impossible time not eating right before bed. Well, last night, had dinner at 5pm and said "alright, lady- that is it!" Well, it is now 7am, and I haven't eaten since then. Looks like I can maybe get into this IF stuff and be successful after all :)