Level 1

Options
MaryTheIceCube
MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
For those currently on Level 1 of RI30, discuss!

Replies

• bb_1982
    bb_1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Started this today!

Not loving the side plank thingys but I do like that there are 3 different exercises in the strength part rather than 2 like the shred!!

Looking forward to day 2 :happy:
  • MicahMaryLouise
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow! Who else is? :)
  • bb_1982
    Options
    Day 2 done this morning at 7am.

Very sore today.

The top of my back hurts too (lower neck) which must be from the bit where you put your weight behind your neck and bend down which is wierd because yesterday when I was doing them didnt really feel like I was doing anything strenuous :laugh: !!

Good luck to everyone starting today xx
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    starting tomorrow! how many days is everyone doing?
  • Tunruh67
    Tunruh67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did week 1, day 1 last night followed by Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core bonus. Worked up a great sweat!!
  • bb_1982
    Options
    I plan on doing 1 week on each level - 6 days on each level with sundays off (12 hour shift at work on a sunday which leaves me pretty much good for nothing!!)

Im going to see how it goes though, if I dont feel ready to move up a level I will stick with it a couple of extra days or if I only manage to get 5 workouts in during the week instead of six then im not going to be too hard on myself :laugh:

I found when I did the shred if I missed a day I would beat myself up about it and make myself start again which resulted me never actually doing a full 30 days!!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies..

W1D2 completed. I am so glad this is only 30 minutes... I finished 30DS in March and this program is a good progression. Quitting is not an option...I was too hard on myself when I did 30DS...not this time! For some reason I find this week a little easier than the 30DS....I could be speaking to soon....Have a great workout ladies...
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    I burn significantly more calories doing this than I do 30DS. I really enjoy level 1 so far. I'm slowly progressing into doing more "real" push ups too :)
  • kimharrison22
    kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started Level 1 yesterday and my ankle is really sore. I remember having ankle problems in level 2 of 30DS. I think it's all the jumping. Makes it really hard to do the cardio... hopefully I can still do the workout tonight!
  • phillips529
    Options
    I started Level 1 yesterday and my ankle is really sore. I remember having ankle problems in level 2 of 30DS. I think it's all the jumping. Makes it really hard to do the cardio... hopefully I can still do the workout tonight!

Yes...it's true it can do a number on your knees and ankles. I had the same problem doing the 30DS. I ended up purchasing a new pair of running shoes and put an extra foam on the floor (I worked in my basement), rest my knee and I was good to go. No more knee or ankle problems. Please don't give up just take it slow.
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Day 1 done! Not my first time doing Ripped (although this will be my first time going all the way through), so I upped it to 5 lb weights. That last set of strength is killer!
  • kimharrison22
    kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Yes...it's true it can do a number on your knees and ankles. I had the same problem doing the 30DS. I ended up purchasing a new pair of running shoes and put an extra foam on the floor (I worked in my basement), rest my knee and I was good to go. No more knee or ankle problems. Please don't give up just take it slow.

Thanks! That's a good idea. I usually workout barefoot so that might be the problem. Wearing shoes might help!
  • phillips529
    Options
    All right ladies were 1/2 through week 1. I'm so ready for a rest day...I'll push through until Saturday.

I'm working with 5lbs weight....what type of weights are you working with? Anyone using resistance bands?
  • MicahMaryLouise
    Options
    Day 3 of level one :) Doing good. I love it and also love pop pilates in the evening.
  • lgtahoe
    Options
    All right ladies were 1/2 through week 1. I'm so ready for a rest day...I'll push through until Saturday.

I'm working with 5lbs weight....what type of weights are you working with? Anyone using resistance bands?

Day 2 done for me! Took me until 6:30 to find the motivation, but it's done! (My start date was May 1) I'm using 5 lb weights too. Today I ALMOST did all the push-ups military style -- missed only one! Wohoo!
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Started this last night, and man, did the sweat POUR!! I and drinking a ton of water today to make up the difference. I felt really good afterwards too. Like I had really accomplished something.
  • rhondacordova
    Options
    Ok ladies, i just started week 1 today, 2 days late but finally got started, OMG!!...this workout really kicked my butt, but worth every minute, can't wait to fit into the dress.:) Awesome job ladies :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I burn significantly more calories doing this than I do 30DS. I really enjoy level 1 so far. I'm slowly progressing into doing more "real" push ups too :)

Me too!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Started this last night, and man, did the sweat POUR!! I and drinking a ton of water today to make up the difference. I felt really good afterwards too. Like I had really accomplished something.

Yes, same here. I feel strong today after Day 2! :)
  • lgtahoe
    Options
    Day 3 done! I had to revert back to 3 lb weights for some of it today; I think doing it last night and then this morning didn't give me enough time to recover. Oh well, done for the day and hopefully I'll be back up to 5 lbs tomorrow! And I'm still doing "real" push-ups!