My workout Plan

Options
msmith2020
msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
Hello all! I just thought I would post my workout plan with this group on doing 30 day shred! I know some of you are doing it 30 day's straight!! And that's great, I know however that I might throw a day or 3 together but I cant promise myself to do it 30 days straight lol So doing some research Jillian Micheal's workout recommendation is

2 days of 30 day shred-
1 day of cardio (does anyone else wonder why the spell check doesn't recognize this word?!)
2 days of 30 day shred
1 day of cardio
rest day

I am planning on doing a 5k here in October so I am going to start my Run 10k training plan along with JM 30 day shred to optimize my results!! So my plan is as follows:

May 1st (Tuesday): 30 day shred + week 1 day 1
Wednesday: 30 day shred (rest)
Thursday: W1 D2
Friday: 30 day shred (rest)
Saturday: 30 day shred + W1 D3
Sunday: Walk for 60 mins
Monday: Rest

And then rinse and repeat!!

Who else has a specific plan they are going to follow either adding another form of workout to the plan or maybe doing the 30 day shred in a different schedule??

Replies

• jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am going to go for the full 30 days back to back
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a GREAT plan!!!
  • emalbright
    emalbright Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is exactly how I plan to do it, so if we stick with 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, then rest by the end of May we should be almost done with Level 2 of 30DS (if we do 10 days on each level that is) I plan to continue so that for the first time EVER I can actually finish the program!
  • pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    I am planning on doing it for the full 30 days without a rest. I will also be doing her Ripped in 30 which I have already started. Hopefully I won't kill myself :P
  • bpg79
    bpg79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am also planning on doing it every day but will see how this week goes and if need be will switch to an alternating day basis.
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing 30 Day Shred for 5 days on, 2 days off during the week. I'll also be throwing in at least 30-45 minutes of cardio, 4x a week. I know I'm more likely to burn myself out if I attempt to do it back to back. Good luck to everyone!!
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to do it in 30 days but if my body tells me I need a break I will take that break as well! Happy shredding all!:drinker:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Next week I start my sand volleyball leagues. So those two days of the week I do not plan on doing the 30DS (I end up burning WAY to many calories and can't possible eat that much in a day) Sounds weird, but those will be my 2 days off from 30DS a week. This week, it will be EVERYDAY! Can't wait til afterwork today to get started!
  • msmith2020
    Options
    That is exactly how I plan to do it, so if we stick with 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, then rest by the end of May we should be almost done with Level 2 of 30DS (if we do 10 days on each level that is) I plan to continue so that for the first time EVER I can actually finish the program!

So we should finish July 14th (if my counting is correct) and we should be on Level 2 by may 18th. After I finish 30 day shred- my training for the 10k wont be finished so I'm thinking I will just put Ripped in 30 in the 30DS slot and just continue with the same schedule so I dont mess myself up and I wont have any "rest" days between DVD workouts. This way its like I never completed it and I wont get the "rest" thinking mentality.
  • msmith2020
    Options
    Next week I start my sand volleyball leagues. So those two days of the week I do not plan on doing the 30DS (I end up burning WAY to many calories and can't possible eat that much in a day) Sounds weird, but those will be my 2 days off from 30DS a week. This week, it will be EVERYDAY! Can't wait til afterwork today to get started!

I just want to say your pug is CUTE! :flowerforyou: I love pugs!!! :happy:
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    nice i have started c25k and i am doing it with 30ds. I am going to try to do 30ds every day but on days that I run it might get skipped if i run out of time or am too sore.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like that plan and think I will be doing the same.

Starting tonight
  • emalbright
    emalbright Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing more and more about RI30 so that might be what comes after 30DS for me as well. I have contemplated getting the "Brazil Butt Lift" from the beachbody company but I really like Jillian so I may just stick with her DVD's.
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing more and more about RI30 so that might be what comes after 30DS for me as well. I have contemplated getting the "Brazil Butt Lift" from the beachbody company but I really like Jillian so I may just stick with her DVD's.

i own ripped, ive only done level 1 and 2. harder but so far easier on the knees. next month i am doing them both together with running.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I plan to go with the flow because routine and I are not friends usually! LOL I will try it for the first week and if I don't feel like doing the 30DS on a certain day I will go to the gym instead because I love it. :]
  • Keisha2BFitAgain
    Keisha2BFitAgain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I plan to do 30 ds nonstop. Also I do cardio (zumba) at least 5 times a week and jog/walk 5 mi. per day on Sat and Sun. I hope to start Ri30 or P90X June 1.