Week 1, April 29 to May 5

Options
Week 1, the 3 exercises this week are all the same, here we go!

Day 1:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk.
Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
five-minute cool down walk.

Day 2:
Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Day 3:

Good luck!! We can do this! If you are having trouble then take it slow and repeat the week if you have to! Remember to put a x on the spreadsheet (or a number if you have to do one multiple times).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqs2MH7Y8hmQdEszbjJSMEhyTTRRbE5ETkdZN0oyZFE#gid=0

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Please post in here as you complete the days for this week, let us know how it went and how you are doing so we can motivate each other.

I completed day 1 yesterday and it went pretty good and I am looking forward to the up coming weeks.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done on the treadmill.
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a little ahead of you guys but it's so nice to have a support group to finish this app. I've done it before but gave up 1/2 way through it. Anyway, last week I got through Week 1 (on a treadmill) but I was going to re-do Week 1 and increase my speed on the interval laps slightly.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 yesterday. It went well. :)
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Day 1 yesterday. I went slow but made sure to completely jog the full 60 secconds, walk the full 90 seconds etc. I haven't ran in, well, I don't remember the last time! Those 60 second intervals seemed to get longer and longer each time LOL
  • Jessifhill
    Jessifhill Posts: 17
    Options
    I have completed the first two days! They both went well. I have completed the Couch to5k program before, but this time I am working to improve my speed!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 1 on Sunday evening, with one of my dogs.
    It went well, but I was relieved on the last round. it was a 10 minute walk back home, which was NICE.
    I was thrilled that it was the first time that I got my fitbit flower up to 6 leaves.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    week 1 days 1+2 down. I never thought I would like running, but its so peaceful out there on the road. I also have a great app on my android called runstar. It's awesome for runners. Check it out!
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Week 1 days 1 and 2 done. I'm amazed at how good I feel after. I'm liking this.
  • jkpfeifer2
    jkpfeifer2 Posts: 9
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 complete. I have done this program before but haven't run in close to a year now so I'm starting over. It works!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 completed yesterday. I did this one outside - UGH!!!!
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Doing mine on treadmill. Forgot to post. Will update spreadsheet. Did Day 1 on Tues. and Day 2 today. Will get Day 3 in either tomorrow or Sat. morning.
  • thebassdrumheavy
    thebassdrumheavy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I completed week 1 day 1 on Monday and my ankle started aching the next day. It feels worlds better now but I think my first week is going to stretch out longer than most. I want to make sure it's 100% before I start again.
  • Jessifhill
    Jessifhill Posts: 17
    Options
    Completed all of week 1 workouts. Now I am ready for week 2.
  • peteb79
    Options
    I completed week 1 day 1 on Monday and my ankle started aching the next day. It feels worlds better now but I think my first week is going to stretch out longer than most. I want to make sure it's 100% before I start again.

Make sure you take it easy! I did C25k in October and had to quit in week 3 due to tendinitis in my ankle.
  • peteb79
    Options
    Completed all of week 1 workouts. Now I am ready for week 2.

Good work!! I got one more in week 1, but I am ready for week 2!
  • foxfireash
    foxfireash Posts: 24
    Options
    Started day 1 today... Waited for my S.O. to join me, because he will provide the motivation to stick it out. Otherwise, I know I would just quit. It was great to have him beside me, suffering with me lol. Although he's got a higher metabolism and a skinny body naturally, he's just as out of shape as I am. That made me feel better about the whole thing!

Keep going!

xo foxfireash
  • peteb79
    Options
    Just finished day 3 and it felt great.. I honestly felt like I could keep going so I am looking forward to next week.
  • jagar07
    jagar07 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Day three done. Feeling good. I do believe I can do this!
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Finished day 2 and feeling great!