how long have u been single?

Options

Replies

• maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and I have never been in a relationship. I have dated few times, but last time was couple years ago.
    Being single is all I know. That really sounds sad :ohwell:
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    30 here and been single for 5 years :sad: :brokenheart:
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've been single since July 2009, after ending an 8 year relationship with my son's father. I have dated off and on, even had a few 3-4 month "relationships," but I don't really count those.

There are days I love being single, it just being me and my son. And then there are days I realize that my needs are not being met and I feel lonely. Doesn't make any sense why I haven't found someone because I am awesome. hehe
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and I've been single almost 8 years. Wow. That seems like forever now that it's in writing.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Birth, lol.
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I've technically been single since last November but that relationship truly ended long before then. I've been testing the dating waters again so only time will tell. However, I've noticed there are a lot of crazies out there! :laugh:
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I just posted this on one of my friends page, so I'll paste it here.

"Here's a sad truth: I've been single for 13 years now. Haven't dated in 7 years. Nope...not once. My last GF was in 2004, but I moved..."
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and I've been single for somewhere between "too long" and forever :wink:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Single 3 years (after 3 years of dating and 12 of marriage), though I did have an exclusive boyfriend for about 5 months early on.

When I first got divorced, and the DivorceCare class said you should be single 1 year for every 3-4 years of marriage, I didn't believe them. Who wants to put their life on hold that long???

But you know what? I'm only recently feeling like I processed the hurt and can move on, so I think that's probably about right. I will be living in my current location for a year, possibly two. My next assignment will probably be where I retire, so that's when I will seriously will look for someone to share my life.

For now, I'm having fun and if I meet someone along the way, even better.
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm 26 and my last serious relationship ended Nov '10- I have dated since then and even got back with my ex for a short time (didn't work the first time, no idea why I tried it the second time).

Now I can't seem to get pass 3 dates- oh well, I just have to keep jumping back up on the horse- I did met an AMAZING guy, but who knows how long it will last.

I enjoy being single, but at times I really miss having someone.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    since December of 2005 so... 6 and a half years, I guess?

Im picky as **** and it's like pulling teeth to even get me to hold someone's hand, even.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to the "Single Peeps" group, yay for joining. I have been "single" for 8 years. My father calls me from out of state and everytime says, "Hi honey, are you married yet?", oh booger. Ha ha. I am fairly happy being single. I have an amazing group of people in my life and I stay very busy. If I met a great guy I wouldn't hold back. Gosh, 8 years. SMH.

Laura:bigsmile:
  • tfbrave77
    tfbrave77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    34, been divorced 3 years. I was in a 6 month relationship that ended about 2 years. Nothing really serious since. Now I am seeing someone I met on POF but we are only a few weeks in so we shall see.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    38 years old and I've been single since early 2007, roughly 5 plus years now. I have been on plenty of dates, just haven't found what I'm looking for yet!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Been divorced just over 3 years (married for 10) -- Whoo hoo!

Had a 2-year relationship with a guy that had been a best friend for about 10 years... just broke that off in January.

So a few months.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Oh how I hate to admit this... but I'm 21 and have always been single. Nope, no boyfriends yet. Personal choice for the most part, there's not a great choice of men where I live!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    31 going on to 32 real soon. It's been over 8 years now.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Technically, a few days, but really a couple weeks after a 2.5 month long-distance relationship. Prior to that it had been 10 months, after a nearly three year relationship. Prior to that, 25 years (yes, I was 25 before I had my first boyfriend).
  • tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    47 - 3 years. I just moved to Bay Area 2 years ago and still trying to meet people.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    I thought "single" meant "not married", or in a long term relationship. I thought "dating" qualified as "single". It seems that some folks don't see it that way.