Challenge for the month of May

Options
aarnoldmcf
aarnoldmcf Posts: 41 Member
WVU, please post the challenge for the month of May that would help you the most. Looks like we've got to break the stronghold of Fried Food for you. You mentioned a spiritual and food challenge, correct? You choose it this time.

Replies

• wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Well my suggestion would be a goal to achieve something and not limit yourself. I think the reason most "diets" fail is because we try to cut out things we like. I think everything is ok in moderation. I've not worried about the fried foods thing, I stay with in my calorie and usually all my macros, so I'm good with that.

My suggestion would be to set yourself a spiritual challenge, Pray more, read your bible more, volunteer your time to a worthy cause, etc. and a diet/fitness related challenge, e.g. exercise a certain amount of time each week, stay with 10% of your calories/points/carbs, eat more vegetables, etc.

The challenge must be quantifiable. So I'll go first for my spiritual challenge, I want to start a program that helps you to read the bible in it entirety in one year, this would be a daily scripture reading.

My diet/fitness challenge is to eat at least one piece of fruit a day on my non-fasting days.

Who else is in?
  • aarnoldmcf
    aarnoldmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ms WVU, I like this. The past two weeks have been very busy for me and I must admit, I have not given God the time he deserves in my life. I have been busy doing Christian related work, but I have not given him what he deserves. Here is my committment for the month of May:

My spiritual committment is going to be to commit to weekly family prayer time (with my husband), daily prayer time / meditation by myself, and weekly prayer time, with a prayer partner, a good friend, confidant and fitness mentor. This is my spirtual committment, that I have gotten somewhat slack on. My fitness committment is going to be 3 days a week in the gym. I have not been making time for God nor myself, like I need to.

Thanks for this challenge. I needed this!