Zombies, Run! (mobile app)

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I would love for them to update the App to you can friends :) And then share your townships visit others etc...but so far the game is amazing!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I would love for them to update the App to you can friends :) And then share your townships visit others etc...but so far the game is amazing!

Omg, that's such a brilliant idea.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know whether the new "Supply Missions" are the same missions that we've done before? They sound similar to some of the other missions I've already completed. I haven't tried them yet, because I keep wanting to move the story along. However now I'm at Mission 20, and I don't want it to end... so.... thoughts?
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know whether the new "Supply Missions" are the same missions that we've done before? They sound similar to some of the other missions I've already completed. I haven't tried them yet, because I keep wanting to move the story along. However now I'm at Mission 20, and I don't want it to end... so.... thoughts?

I've been doing them. They're not the same. They have no relation to the storyline missions. They're like brief one liners inbetween music.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I LOLed all the way through that first post! Downloaded now :)

Edit: wow, £5.49? Alright.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    GreenTeaForDays Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello Runner 5s:

I started Zombies, Run! earlier this week. I've done 4 runs (17.1 miles!) and so far I am loving the app. I am surprised how well the storyline is progressing, which is good because I find myself really wanting to go out for runs.

Population: 103
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Zombies Run update: Mission 18, Population 220
  • LittleMissRainey
    Options
    This is SO FUN! I usually walk to my parents' house on a Sunday morning (attempting C25K on that) but yesterday instead of running simultaneously my C25K app didn't start so I just had Zombies, Run. Not only did I walk faster (with a run to get away from the old Runner 5) but I also walked BACK, with a stop at the shops! I'm amazed. Amazed! My terminal laziness may have found a cure.

Mission 1 (with a couple of hours stop in between): population 89.

Who are the two radio guys (British/American)? Are they dead?
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    This is SO FUN! I usually walk to my parents' house on a Sunday morning (attempting C25K on that) but yesterday instead of running simultaneously my C25K app didn't start so I just had Zombies, Run. Not only did I walk faster (with a run to get away from the old Runner 5) but I also walked BACK, with a stop at the shops! I'm amazed. Amazed! My terminal laziness may have found a cure.

Mission 1 (with a couple of hours stop in between): population 89.

Who are the two radio guys (British/American)? Are they dead?

The two guys who talk on the radio after you've completed your mission are from Able Township.
    They are there to keep your spirits up.
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    There was another update to the app. I think it was to remove some testing buttons.
  • GreenTeaForDays
    Options
    I haven't ran much this week, just did some yoga and swimming. I have been missing my zoms. :(
  • LittleMissRainey
    Options
    Mission 3 and 4 (to parents' house and back, hooah!): 3.3 miles, population 112 :)
    I don't have much music on my new phone, so my playlist mostly consists of Kelly Clarkson. Her fast songs are really motivating!
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    This sounds like the most fun I could possibly ever have whilst running. I'm dying to try this but am also terrified of zombies and a little scared it might be too much.

Can you die in the game?
  • GreenTeaForDays
    Options
    This sounds like the most fun I could possibly ever have whilst running. I'm dying to try this but am also terrified of zombies and a little scared it might be too much.

Can you die in the game?

There are two modes: Zombie chases (1) On (2) Off.

With zombie chases there are random hordes of zombies that many come out of nowhere to get you. If you don't increase your speed by 20% then they will catch up to you and you will have to sacrifice some of the supplies you collected to get away. So no, you don't die. :D
  • GreenTeaForDays
    Options
    So I went for a long run yesterday (~ 1 hr) and for some reason after the first half I didn't hear any correspondence from the radio but I continued to collect supplies. Then, when I got back to base and turned the mission off I don't have a green check next to the mission name (number 5). Instead there is just a red circle with 3 white dots in the middle. I'm assuming this means that I stopped in the middle of the mission.

Has this kind of glitch happened to anyone else?

Anyways, here are my stats:

Mission 5
    Population 119
    Grad total of 22 miles!
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    I haven't started Zombies, Run! yet but I've had similar issues with my Runtastic app. It's paused itself mid-run before. I have some sort of magic in my *kitten* that beams through layers of fabric to activate touch screens. Perhaps you share my special ability?
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Zombie update: Mission 20 accomplished, Abel pop 252!
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    Started playing. Initially, I was waiting until I had finished some interval training but I just couldn't wait. LOVE IT! I've done 5 runs and am at a population of 150. I walk a lot immediately after my run and pick up hella supplies that way. My Runner 5 shirt came in the mail yesterday but it's too big! All the running from zoms made me slim down too fast. :(
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting this but my god, 8 dollars! IS it worth it?
  • athenna1869
    athenna1869 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Stats:
    Mission 5 completed
    Able pop. 121

total miles 18.33
    total time 233 min
    running longer and getting faster every time :)