Tennis elbow?

Options
studswife
studswife Posts: 32 Member
Hi Everyone,

I'm complete with phase one and noticed I'm getting tennis elbow lifting weights. I have had this before but wasn't active. I'm so frustrated because I don't want to lose anything I have gained!

Has anyone experienced this or have any thoughts and suggestions on how to modify this?

Thanks!

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i haven't had tennis elbow, but have you practiced your form? try to keep your elbows tucked in at your sides and lift comfortably... you will be able to increase your weights as you go along through the program. good luck!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My right elbow does hurt! I noticed it about 5 weeks ago and that's the only thing I can think of that would have caused it. I certainly don't play tennis.

According to LiveStrong:
    You should avoid an exercise if it causes sharp or shooting pain. Strength training and bodyweight exercises such as chin-ups, pushups and bench pressing all put strain on the elbow flexors and can lead to agitation in the lateral tendons of the elbow. Wrist exercises, such as forearm dumbbell curls and barbell extensions, can also stress the forearm and elbow, worsening the tennis elbow injury and potentially causing chronic pain. For best results, cut out any lifting exercise that relies on repetitive motions of your elbow or wrist and perform as few repetitions as possible.

Sure. Stop everything. Maybe I'll just use lighter weights on that side.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Definately, pay attention to your form and buy an elbow support (it will help stablize it).