Almond flour pasta?

Options
Hi, everyone! I'm new, but jumping right in here.

My husband lost a lot of weight doing a low carb diet a few years back, and I've been cutting the carbs as part of calorie counting. Our main weakness is pasta. I love it, he loves. I would eat only pasta if I could.

So the question is: Does anyone know of a recipe to use almond flour to substitute for regular in order to cut the carb/calorie count down? I've done a lot of low carb baking and it has been a life-saver some days. But low carb pasta would be a dream!

Would love to hear from anyone who had ideas, even non-almond flour versions. Thanks!

-Jocelyn

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    try dreamfields pasta it's pretty low. and spaghetti squash is a great replacement. also shirataki noodles are another one. i find them at whole foods.
  • joceyofdoom
    joceyofdoom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations. I will have to check them out!
  • auctoritas
    Options
    Dreamfields pasta actually spikes insulin and blood sugar just as badly as regular pasta in a lot of people, and seems to do it higher and over a longer period of time, so watch out if either of you have diabetic type issues. I had some last night and gained a pound and a half :P Probably water weight, but definitely not as indigestible as the box would lead you to believe =3
  • dancinmami
    Options
    re: almond flour pasta.
    try the book of yum...they have all sort of different recipes. Seems that I saw one for almond flour pasta
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    were do you find almond flour?
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    were do you find almond flour?
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    In my area Schnucks and Dierbergs has almond flour. Trader Joe's also. Any more natural foods store should have it too.