have to take a 2 week break! :(

Options
I'm halfway through week 7, and just found out I most likely have mono.

Dr gave me medicine to help in case there is any bacterial going on. These medicine causes the tendons to weaken, so she told me nothing high impact at all for two weeks.

I'm really devastated because I was enjoying working out every day and getting the results. :(

Should I just try to do weeks 1 and 2? since that's low impact?

and when i can work out again, do you think i should start completely over? or do you think i can just pick back up where it left off? :(

Replies

• roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    How awful. You must feel pretty bad too. You may want to just let yourself get better instead of trying to push yourself. See how you feel after the 2 weeks then see which workout you can get through without it being too easy or too hard.
  • mrskellyray
    mrskellyray Posts: 114
    Options
    How awful. You must feel pretty bad too. You may want to just let yourself get better instead of trying to push yourself. See how you feel after the 2 weeks then see which workout you can get through without it being too easy or too hard.

i know i need to rest. especially since i do for horrible, but i'm so sad to take a break when i was seeing such good results! it's so disheartening! but i will most likely at least wait a week before i even go low impact.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    sorry :( that does suck. it sucks to have to stop doing somethign that takes a lot of motivation especially when you're enjoying it AND seeing results. i don't think two weeks will set you back too far and you'll probably be able to jump back in where you left off... rest up!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    Personally, I'd take the 2 weeks off COMPLETELY. If you try to push it, your recovery is likely to take longer - can you imagine how long you'd be laid up if you damaged tendons? Just rest up, recover, and see what you feel up to when the two weeks is over. Mono makes you feel like a wrung out dish towel that's been left in the road and run over a few times, so I'm amazed by your dedication to your workouts. Go easy on yourself.