Week 1, April 29 to May 5

Options
2»

Replies

• chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Day 3 complete. Awesome. Still working on the shin pain though and hope it goes away completely at some point. Oh, and I'm doing this on the treadmill right now. I'll move it outside at some point.
  • yummymummy52
    yummymummy52 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K last week (on Thursday 26th ) and am loving it so far.

I completed week 2 session 1 last night and found it quite difficult in parts, my legs were burning but I pushed through and made it to the end which is pretty massive achievement as I have never been a runner. My body was built for comfort not for speed!

I can already see a difference in my general stamina and so far have managed to run for all the designated time which I'm quite surprised about. Am looking forward to my next session already.

Would love some support if anyone wants to add me as a friend :)
  • sara6636
    sara6636 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 1 on Tuesday and I'm psyched to start Week 2 tonight! Who knew I could get this excited about running!? It's also so inspiring to know that you're all out there doing it too.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is in the books. I did today on the treadmill again. My goal is 2 days a week on the treadmill and 1 day outside because the outside is killing me!!
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! So I just logged in for my first 2 sessions! I'm sooo excited. Just 1 more to go over the weekend and it starts over.
    See u guys soon!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just started day 1 today. Is it too late to join the group?
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Started a few weeks ago and now on week 3. But you will all catch up and pass me soon as I'm doing every week 2-3 times. Updated spreadsheet today.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    It's not too late daddiocoolcat, Welcome! I've added you to the tracking spreadsheet.
  • justmstry
    justmstry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to find this post - I started on Monday, so I am right in line with most of the group. I am happy that the high school track is only a few blocks from home and that we can use it. My husband is my running partner at the track, and my little ones play on the football field while we do our work out. I do think it is a good program, and am excited for the results but I have not fallen in love with "running" yet. By the last lap (my husband actually pushes me to go a little longer than the required 20 minutes) I don't think that I am running any faster than I was walking, but I am out there doing it and has seemed a tiny little bit easier each night.

I have perpipartum cardiomyopathy (heart failure) and have been told for 20 years to avoid running because of my knees, so I was really afraid to get started, afraid that I wouldn't even be able to do the first night. I did end up extending a few of the walks on the first night. But tonight on my third night we actually did over 23 minutes and threw a 90 second "run" in at the end.

Great job to everyone that has started on this journey, no matter where you are at this point, the important thing is that you have started!
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    thanks for the add on the group :D ive completed day 1 and day 2 of week 1, and going to do day 3 tomorrow. What is the check in date for the spreadsheet? didnt know what to put?
  • peteb79
    Options
    thanks for the add on the group :D ive completed day 1 and day 2 of week 1, and going to do day 3 tomorrow. What is the check in date for the spreadsheet? didnt know what to put?

I removed the Check in column, it's not necessary and i want to keep it as simple as possible.
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Completed day 3 yesterday. My 12 yr old daughter is now my running partner and we're both doing great!
  • peteb79
    Options
    Completed day 3 yesterday. My 12 yr old daughter is now my running partner and we're both doing great!

That is great! I am doing this with my 13 year old son and am thinking about having my 10 year old daughter join us since she wants to do the "Color Run" 5k in august.
  • jkpfeifer2
    jkpfeifer2 Posts: 9
    Options
    Just finished W1, D2...found the minute(s) of running to go much faster mentally than D1. Nice to see that happen already. From past experience, I know different days will feel different. I'm excited to be 'done' for today. Happy running, everyone!
  • cecimaguina
    Options
    Done!! I did my first 2 weeks and I feel great! Feeling empowered and I convinced I can do this!
    My legs are still very weak and I have to get use to this much excersice but the idea of loosing weight and looking healthier makes me smile and keep going!
  • cecimaguina
    Options
    Hello! I haven't seen the new routine for week 2, where can I find it?
    Good Luck guys!!