how long have u been single?

Options

Replies

• NomadicKris
    NomadicKris Posts: 90
    Options
    About 18 months since my marriage ended, was single most of my twenties, didn't date - wanted to live for me. And doing that again. I'm not a casual relationship person and right now my focus is on myself, my studies and my children - once I get my health where I want it then I will reassess, but right now? It works for me, and I have never understood why people get embarrassed to say they're single... believe me, relationships aren't always what they're cracked up to be, even when you ignore the cracks for as long as possible..
  • jelias1
    jelias1 Posts: 97
    Options
    How long have I been single?

Embarrasing to admit but

I am 25 going on 26 in a couple of days and I have never had a date and or relationship.
    Never been the boyfriend never had a girlfriend.

I have always been self loathing always overweight and never saw myself as good enough to ask a girl out for fear of rejection.
    Sad I know but hopefully on this journey I find confidence and courage. I already have learned to love myself for who I am.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and I never started counting so no idea really. I may not be single no one has made a claim yet.... :flowerforyou:
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and my last long-term relationship (2 years) ended in September 2010. It took a while before I started dating again (my dad was fighting 2 cancers at that time, so my priorities changed for a few months) and I have to say that the dates I have been on since have been disappointing. I'm still hopeful I'll find my Mr. Right...
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    hey, I'm Darla, 37, and fairly new to the group, too.

And legally I've been single since Wednesday. :) But separated since Sept. 2011. That was a two and a half year stint. Before that, I was single for about five years (okay, so I dated and even got engaged once inbetween)... was married for 9 yrs to my first husband who is now deceased. He was my first real serious relationship, and I was 20 when we got together.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options

Embarrasing to admit but

I am 25 going on 26 in a couple of days and I have never had a date and or relationship.

I have always been self loathing always overweight and never saw myself as good enough to ask a girl out for fear of rejection.
    Sad I know but hopefully on this journey I find confidence and courage. I already have learned to love myself for who I am.

you are still young... you have time...

Continue your strides to improve yourself and you will gain the self-confidence and the courage you need. :) And when you do, you will meet a girl who appreciates all that you have to offer. :)
  • jelias1
    jelias1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks means a lot to hear that

Embarrasing to admit but

you are still young... you have time...

Continue your strides to improve yourself and you will gain the self-confidence and the courage you need. :) And when you do, you will meet a girl who appreciates all that you have to offer. :)
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and have been single 6 months, although my husband was in the Phillippines on and off forbusiness for about 15 months before that on and off so it feels like it's been longer.
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    EX-HUSBAND I should say;)
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and my ex dumped me for the second time 2 weeks ago tomorrow! Way to let him back in. I don't really miss him just the idea of being with someone.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and my ex dumped me for the second time 2 weeks ago tomorrow! Way to let him back in. I don't really miss him just the idea of being with someone.

Rough! That sucks, some guys are douche bags!
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Sometimes. I have hope not all guys are.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

Sometimes. I have hope not all guys are.

Nah I don't think most guys are, a lot are though sometimes just to lesser extents haha.
  • WelcomeToWonderland
    Options
    7 years, if you count it as "dating" when you're 12 :tongue:
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I will die alone...

Oh wait. That wasn't the question, was it?
    A year and something, probably.
  • Cookie_d
    Cookie_d Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and have been single just over a year... (not by choice)
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I am 40, and have been divorced since Jan 2011, and had one LTR since then....still just dating
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    42 and have been divorced for 16 years.
  • brittlynn07
    brittlynn07 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    22 and been single for over 2 years. Although I don't really have time for dating at the moment being a chemical engineering student.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and have been single close to 20 years. Don't judge. lol