protein drinks

Options
TraciLee36
TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
what kind of protein drinks does everyone use? getting sick of this chocolate I also like the premade ones any suggestions?

Replies

• tmalina
    tmalina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For premade, I stick to the Atkins shakes because they are the only ones that don't have a nasty flavor in my opinion. I like the Vanilla, Strawberry, and the Cafe Mocha Latte flavors. They have a great taste and 15 grams of protein each.

My favorite protein drink is from Syntrax Nectar called Latte Cappuccino. I buy the "Grab n Go" ones so I can easily take with me when I'm on the run. It has 23 grams of protein. It is SO good.
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk -- any flavor.. but it has to be ICE COLD.. I can't choke down a shake that isn't cold.

Stef
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    When I was early post-op, I really liked the slim fast low carb shakes as far as ready-to-drink shakes go. Now if I want protein powder, I use Wal Mart's Body Fortress because it's inexpensive and I am a poor single mom. And I usually mix it in a blender with frozen fruit. Yum!
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The best I've had is Unjury chocolate splendor. I don't really drink protein shakes anymore, though. I don't have a problem getting my protein in.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Oh I hate Atkins they taste off to me, especially for as few proteins as you get out of it. I have been using powder mix and while I'm not sick of chocolate I have completely fallen in LOVE with Nature's Best Isopure low and zero carb, they have the standard flavors like chocolate and vanilla but they have cookies and cream, strawberry and cream, chocolate mint, and several fruit flavors like banana, mango, and punch or mixed blends in that same family; I'm not keen on fruit drinks. a Serving is 2 scoops for 50 protein and 3 carbs for the low and 0 carbs for the zero obviously. I use a single scoop in 4 ounces of water for a whopping 105 calories, 25 protein, 1.5 carbs. (chocolate) and I'm ordering the Strawberry and the mint chocolate this week so I'll let you know how that goes. Bottom line is it tastes like real chocolate, smells like cocoa powder and has no funny taste or aftertaste.
  • TraciLee36
    TraciLee36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I did drink the Atkins but we can not have muscle milk or slimfast. I am going to go and look into some new stuff. Thanks
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I like unjust, syntrax fuzzy navel is sooo good mixed with peaches, and EAS carb advantage are good (they are premade) I have hadthe choco, vanilla nad strawberry and all are good. I also like the detour protein bars, the lower sugar ones are great and they stick to my dieticians rule of no more than 100 cals for every 10 grams ofprotein, which is nice, seeing as how many protein bars dont.
    I like a protein shake in the morning, and after the gym, they are convenient. I dont need them, cause I can get protein in other ways, but I like them, and that is all that matters, besides I was drinking them way before I started down this path.

OH OH OH EAS powders are good as well, I have only had the vanilla and its yummo.