Introductions

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newest ladies! Thanks for taking time to drop a line and say "hi"! So glad you are all here.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    As per my usual here, I am a little late to the party!
    Hi. :).
    My name is Beth, I'm 29, 5'6 and 165 pounds. My current style is a mess. LOL. I don't have clothes that fit right now because I'm in between my fat and my skinny clothes :).
    I'm just waiting to get back into my skinny clothes, and then for those to be to big on me so I can go SHOPPING.
    When I do, I can't wait to get classic clothes that are comfortable but girly. :). Can't wait.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nikki, and I'm almost 29.

My style was originally pretty skater/surfer oriented, but I'm trying to develop a better style now I have two children. My wardrobe is a mish-mash of everything and anything that fits (and some things that don't) and I really have no idea how to dress myself! I have an increasing passion for shoes, bags and nail polish. ._.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sandy and I'm 5'5'' and 157lbs. I love to wear comfortable, pulled together clothing. I am not into purses and will carry the same one until it wears out! I love cardigans and low heel shoes. I mostly wear jeans in the winter and shorts / skirts in the summer, both topped with T-shirts. I almost always wear earrings, and sometimes scarves or necklaces, rarely bracelets. I am not super fashionable but my friends often complement what I wear. I am a stay at home mom and volunteer so I don't have a big budget.

Oh yeah, I am 47 years old.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, I am Hayley. I live in New Zealand but from the U.K originally. I love clothes so much. I love colour, and mixing it up a bit. I have never really had the chance to experiment with clothes because when I discovered my confidence in fashion I also discovered I had put on 100lbs and lost the confidence almost immediately. I am very good at dressing others and I have a good eye for what looks fabulous. One of my main reasons for losing weight is to be able to wear whatever the hell I want and feel amazing.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey all :)

I'm Julia from Norway, I'll be turning 25 this year. I love clothes and shopping, I love classy blended with colours and I love stripes. I've recently found that I really like the whole preppy look, though I guess I don't know much about the history behind it... I like clothes that fit, but I like my sweaters looser because that makes me feel skinnier hehe...

I'm 5'5.5'' and about 125-130 depending.
  • izzygetsbizzy
    izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi! my name is izzy and i live in boston mass. i am what you'd call fashion-crazed and even have a blog to chronicle my obsession: www.izzygetsbizzy.com--please check it out!

i'm glad to be a part of this group and can't wait to share some of my outfits with you all!

:-)
  • blaquepearlbeauty
    blaquepearlbeauty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Tia and I am 31 years old. I live in MD with my husband. I am currently about 150+ lbs overweight so my journey is long but my determination will get me there. I love all things beauty (hair, nails, makeup, skincare, shoes, clothes, accessories) so while I am an Admin.Asst in a higher learning institution during the day I am a freelance makeup artist and striving beauty blogger/vlogger as well. Since I take care of my outside so well it is time that I take care of my temple as a whole. I can't wait to get to know you ladies!!!!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but, hello everyone! :flowerforyou:

I'm Kim, I'm 5'6", and currently 190 lbs. I've always loved fashion and clothing, but I wouldn't say I have a particular "style." I'm very diverse with my clothing and make-up...and my hair is usually something different every other month. :laugh: It's currently dyed back to black and in a pixie-style cut! On any given day, my style is different. I live in central Florida, so I definitely prefer dresses in the summer...I've recently discovered a love for maxi dresses. Got my first one at Ross 2 weeks ago and I LOVE it. I also like any tops/dresses with funky sleeves. I hate my arms, so I gravitate towards flowy sleeves that make them look somewhat decent. I also love leggings...plain black, sheer, rhinestone-studded, lacy, capri-length, ankle-length, you name it. I haven't ventured too much into colored leggings, though...perhaps those will be next. :laugh: I'm not big on purses...I HAVE a few, but other than one I reserve strictly for the beach and vacations, they were all gifts. I've been trying to get into them more, but for a purse, I value quality over quantity. I'm holding out for a REALLY awesome, good-quality, go anywhere and everywhere purse. Shoes...well, Florida = flip-flops almost all year round. :tongue: I'm also not big on jewelry...I wear the promise ring my boyfriend gave me, and every so often, I break out my favorite Tarina Tarantino ring for run...necklaces, most of them are gifts, and I wear whichever one I feel like wearing that day, if any. I'm not big on bracelets...maybe twice a year I'll wear some bangles, and usually end up taking them off within an hour, lol. LOOOOOVE make-up. From simple classy make-up, to all-out crazy stuff...I love and appreciate it all!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Katy, just turned 38 and a whopping 5'3".

I've lost an entire person (200+) pounds and learning how to dress in something that actually lays against my body versus something that completely hides it.

I like simple casual styles, jeans with a nice shirt and a funky shoe. I love showing off the waist I recently discovered and for the first time, I will be wearing a really form fitting dress similar to this one (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=31894260) on a cruise my SO and I are going on for our anniversary. It will be the first time in my life I have ever worn something like this so I am pretty excited and scared out of my mind.

On top of all of this, I have rediscovered my love of heels as well as all things cosmetics. :D Happy to be here!

Love the dress. I have a similar unworn one. Haven't found an occasion to wear it, and not it looks like it will be too big before I have a chance to bust it out! Love the styling.....very flattering for curvier women with a hips and thighs. :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I'm Jame (for fyi, it's really pronounced like Jamie), 33, 5' 4.5" and currently 213. I've been addicted to shoes and purses since middle school (blame my mom). I've been off an on finding my style. In my 20s I had a vision in mind, and it was very hard to find in my size. So I just kept looking around and making do. I was pretty preppy at this point. I went through a boring phase where I wore a lot of purple, blue, black and grey (solids or stripes).

But eventually I broke out of my color fear and started incorporating more colors and patterns over the past few years. My style is sort of edgy preppy, sexy secretary and California casual. I love the color block trend as it just fits my general philosophy. I like to mix random colors, and I still gravitate towards solids. My uniform is either a dress with a cardigan or a shirt/blouse, cardigan with jeans or a pencil skirt. I tend to wear flats, because I always seem to need to walk 2 miles or stand all day. But if I am not walking around too much, I will wear heels. But I cannot handle ones that are too high. I look for cute and comfortable in my heels and flats. Just getting more into accessories and jewelry. It helps me look a little closer to my age.

For the quick tour of my weight history, from about age 14 to now I have basically been size 14-20 (typically in pants, pesky big thighs). I was pretty consistently an 18 through my 20s and 30s. This is basically clothing size purgatory. I found that most of the time, plus sized clothing didn't fit me well at all, since I am a pear shape (and I am well-endowed up top). And not every store goes up to size 18. To top it off, I was also in bra size purgatory. At my heaviest I wore 36H. So my band was too small for the plus sized stores, and my cup was too big for "normal stores." And my butt was too big for the matching panties for the bra companies that had my size, they generally stopped at size 16. So I finally got sick of being in purgatory and decided to lose weight, though I will admit it has gotten a lot better in the past couple of years with my discovery of lines like ASOS Curve, Forever 21 Plus sizes, Dorothy Perkins, Eloquii (the Limited's new plus line), Very.com and others. It is way easier to stay on trend and find the basics like colorful knee length pencil skirts.

So for now, I can't wait to get to goal, because I have never been able to find a great contemporary suit in my size! (And matching lingerie sets, I am destined to have a smaller band/full bust). I am inching ever so closely to leaving the plus stores for ever. Right now I am a little more than a 16 -- I need to lose a couple more inches before it will fit perfectly (especially in my lower half, dresses are good for now. And even some smaller ones).
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Welcome ladies! I'm so glad you took the time to say "hi" and I look forward to interacting with you more! :smile:
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Amanda, 40 (in 4 days!), 5'5", 146 heading to 135, and sort of a tailored/classic/preppy-with-a-modern/sexy-edge type. In other words, I ♥ J. Crew. And give me a pair of red heels and some lacy undies and I'm a happy girl. Makeup is my friend, too--though I'm actually pretty low-maintenance...
    Nice to meet you all!
    Amanda

p.s. I'm glad you included decorating in the approved topics, Elizabeth--that's where my real expertise lies!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Christine, 17, 5'2.5 and currently 133 (ish.. varies from 133.8-133.4) pounds.

I really like fashion... on other people. For myself, I'm too uncomfortable in pretty tops and stuff. Trying to change that, but I usually favor baggy tshirts and jeans with hitops!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Welcome to all our beautiful new members! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop in and say 'hi'! :)
  • BibiFit03
    BibiFit03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I just found this group and I want in! My name is Blair, I'm 30, 5'7" and I love my curves ... except lately they've gotten a bit too ... curvy. I've been wearing mostly sweat pants and old t-shirts for the past year and half since the birth of my son, but I am SO READY to get back in shape and back in style!

I don't really have a definitive personal style. I'm an island girl from the Canadian west coast, and my friends would probably tell you I have a bohemian streak in my wardrobe. But I also love a perfectly tailored pair of pants and a feminine blouse for the office. I love COLOUR (turquoise and coral are my forever summer colours) and I love love LOVE earrings and shoes. They are a girl's best friend ~ you don't have to get rid of them when you go up a size :wink:
  • foxydez01
    foxydez01 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Dessire I'm 29 years old I've lost 12lbs since I joined mfp. I love animal prints, shoes and handbags. Looking for some friends on here to makemthismlong journey seem shorter and for some motivation.
  • CaitEterry
    Options
    Hi! I'm Caitlin. New to MPF and I love fashion. I have a mild internet shopping addiction and love outlet shopping and bargain hunting. I can't wait to lose some pounds and rock the fashion :)
  • fatgirl_nomore
    Options
    I love the "old hollywood glamour". I love fashion, it is my addiction! Fashion is my inspiration for me to shed all this weight and to finally wear nice clothes.
  • shawnasis
    shawnasis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :happy:. Just found this group and I am soooooo excited! I am 41 yrs old, 5' 6" and currently at 184 lbs. I was the twiggy kid in school growing up and started having weight issues after the birth of my 3rd child. Tried numerous quick fixes to lose the weight and always did...only to gain it back with bonuses :huh: . Two years ago I was at my fittest in quite awhile and then hit 40 :sad: . I honestly don't know what happend, I mean I have always eaten healthy foods mixed in with junk food, but it was like BAM! So I said screw it and here I am 1 1/2 years later saying NO...I want my health, lifestyle and of course wardrobe back!
    I :love: shopping!!!! purses..fav Coach, shoes (boots,heels,sandals,tennies), clothes...varies from Wet Seal to Victoria's Secret to Ralph Lauren, if I like it I wear it...as far as make up, I am a natural girl...most I do is mascara, eyeliner and always lip gloss...love me some lip gloss!!! Just a peek...we have 3 closets in my house, I get 2 and my hubby has 1, plus I have countless clothes in bins that won't fit in my closets :noway: