Progress?

Options
How is everyone doing? Is everyone still going strong? I am...can't wait to see my results at 30 days! :)

Replies

• tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i'm proud to say that i'm still doing this and feeling great about it. The soreness is gone (for now...let's see what level 2 does) so, i've upped my weight for my dumbells to 8 lbs. Tougher, but real good burn.

I will be taking pics on the 10 day level, 20 day and the final 30th day to see what results I gained....and if people were reading the original post from mirigirl...I might put on my wife's dress and take a pic to see the progress. :bigsmile:
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Haha...can't wait to see you in the dress (down a size)!!
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think there's progress. I'm sticking with it,though as I said before on another post 7 days per level. Still very hard and combine with my other workouts,doing the trick. I'm keeping up with pictures and measurements. Waiting for the end results!
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm not seeing any progress but I did in March when I made it through 16 days (had back issues so I had to stop) and lost 7+ inches!! I didn't lose any weight though. I think I'm not seeing anything since I just did it...maybe....at least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm sure once the 30 days is up I'll have great results.

And level 2, there is soreness for 1 day but no where even close to as bad as the first few days on level 1 so don't be too worried although the work out in much harder! I'm going to have to modify it quite a bit so I don't mess up my back like I did last time....too much plank stuff.

And I can't wait to see the dress pic!! :laugh:
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    I'm not seeing any progress but I did in March when I made it through 16 days (had back issues so I had to stop) and lost 7+ inches!! I didn't lose any weight though. I think I'm not seeing anything since I just did it...maybe....at least that's what I'm telling myself. I'm sure once the 30 days is up I'll have great results.

And level 2, there is soreness for 1 day but no where even close to as bad as the first few days on level 1 so don't be too worried although the work out in much harder! I'm going to have to modify it quite a bit so I don't mess up my back like I did last time....too much plank stuff.

And I can't wait to see the dress pic!! :laugh:

7+ Inches??? That is so awesome! :)
  • hmerri
    hmerri Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm still going strong..determined to see this through. I've lost a few pounds, but am not noticing any inches lost so far, which is kind of discouraging. BUT...I know that it takes time, determination and discipline to see the results I want and need. :)
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    I'm still going strong..determined to see this through. I've lost a few pounds, but am not noticing any inches lost so far, which is kind of discouraging. BUT...I know that it takes time, determination and discipline to see the results I want and need. :)

It's tough, we live in a world where we want that instant gratification and weight loss is no different, but I would rather take my time and lose the weight naturally through sweat. It may take longer, but I believe the benefits will be better in the long run.
    We can do this all together. Don't forget to measure yourself, take pictures, and that will help you.
    Keep the determination!!!
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I took the past 3 days off due to calf/hip/ankle & back issues. I'm getting back into it today with level 2. I've lost 1.5 inches from my waist. I measured yesterday because my jeans were noticeably loser in my waist and lower ab area. I'll do official measurements on day 15 and day 30.
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    I took the past 3 days off due to calf/hip/ankle & back issues. I'm getting back into it today with level 2. I've lost 1.5 inches from my waist. I measured yesterday because my jeans were noticeably loser in my waist and lower ab area. I'll do official measurements on day 15 and day 30.

And you're back! That's what is important and obviously the 1.5 inch loss. You go girl!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't checked yet...I'm kind of afraid if I take my measurements I won't see any change and that will discourage me. So I think I'll hold off. :)
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    I honestly haven't checked yet...I'm kind of afraid if I take my measurements I won't see any change and that will discourage me. So I think I'll hold off. :)

It's ok to hold off...it's a personal decision. Just know that we will support you and encourage you throughout this.
    When one Shreds, we all Shred.
  • hmerri
    Options

It's tough, we live in a world where we want that instant gratification and weight loss is no different, but I would rather take my time and lose the weight naturally through sweat. It may take longer, but I believe the benefits will be better in the long run.
    We can do this all together. Don't forget to measure yourself, take pictures, and that will help you.

You are so very right and I keep reminding myself that slow and steady will get me there this time.

Thanks for all your encouragement and motivation for ALL of us on here! :)
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I don't blame you. I was going to do the same thing. I only checked my waist because I noticed my pants were a lot looser than the last time I wore them. I'm sure you'll notice something the end of the 30 days.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I did Day 15 measurements and lost 6 inches so far :) ... not really a fan of level 2 honestly I hate PLANKS
  • hmerri
    Options
    I did Day 15 measurements and lost 6 inches so far :) ... not really a fan of level 2 honestly I hate PLANKS

Oh my goodness...that is so freakin awesome! I think I may have lost about an inch total so far...ugh.
  • tmacmoto
    Options

Oh my goodness...that is so freakin awesome! I think I may have lost about an inch total so far...ugh.

6 inches/ 1 inch...sheesh, you women are always talking about size....oh, wait, wrong thread. :bigsmile:

This is fantastic! Progress is progress, so let's not forget how important these victories are! They are all important and i'm proud to see these changes in all of you. You've worked really hard and don't you forget it!
    Let's continue to focus and keep it up!
  • jcmjim22
    Options

Good for you! That is awesome!
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Tomorrow is my day 10...first day of level 2. I'm going to take pics tonight and measurements. Way to go everyone! :)
  • tmacmoto
    Options

You are so very right and I keep reminding myself that slow and steady will get me there this time.

Thanks for all your encouragement and motivation for ALL of us on here! :)

Thank you, but in all honesty...You have to thank my MFP friend, Jody for starting this particular thread...She's is a great motivator here and we all feed positivity off of each other. So, on behalf of this 30 Day Shred Group....Big Thank You Shout Out! to Jody! May you continue to Shred and Rock it!
  • FitForMyGirls2
    FitForMyGirls2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I decided to check my progress so far, but was pretty skeptical because I took 3 days off over the weekend (out of town for a wedding), and not following a strict diet, but I did lose an inch off my waist and my hips! So that has pumped me up to get better with my diet and try not to miss any workouts for the rest of the time, to see how much I can actually lose by doing it right! Hopefully everyone else is seeing their hard work pay off a bit!!