Protein Shakes

Options
pmcjt
pmcjt Posts: 34 Member
My husband and I have been experimenting with protein shakes lately. They are so fast and convenient! I just started using a new protein powder and it is downright gritty! Not my favorite.

What are some protein powders you enjoy? How do you mix your shake?

One of my favorites is chocolate powder, banana, almond milk, teaspoon of cocoa powder, 8 ice cubes. Froth it up and it is decadent. I'm open to any suggestions!

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology (chocolate) and mix with unsweetened almond milk, ice and peanut butter. I've made with banana as well, but my favorite is the peanut butter). It keeps me full until almost lunch...
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've used Trader Joe's Whey Protein powder (vanilla) and I loved it! Also right now I'm using Gaspari Nutrition Myofusion (milk chocolate) and it's really good too.

I prefer to mix them with a whisk b/c I don't like how frothy it gets in a blender or when I shake it up. So it can be a little gritty if I don't mix it long enough but otherwise I really enjoy them!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Lean 25 in chocolate. In the morning I either mix it with 8oz of water or unsweetened almond milk shaken. After my w/o, I use 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk, tbsp l/f jif, tbsp PB2, add ice, and blend. My reeses shake!! Yum!!
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey (Vanilla). I mix 1 scoop with 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp flax seed, and 1/2 of a frozen banana. So delicious!
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    I use Jillian's natural whey protein and mix it with unsweetened almond milk. I've only tried the vanilla and I love it!
  • Iskreemman
    Iskreemman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use cytosport Muscle Milk and their 100% whey. I take the whey after I workout with water and the muscle milk before bed with almond milk.
  • ell_jay
    ell_jay Posts: 68
    Options
    I use PHd Diet Whey, Belgian Chocolate flavour. Flavours nice, but I feel like I'm gonna be sick when drinking it (I think it's a mental thing). I mix mine with water as it's too thick with milk for me to drink.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i use body fortress super advanced from walmart. i've tried vanilla, chocolate, and cookies n creme. they are all ok but they do have that protein grittiness that i don't like. i mix a scoop of powder in with a container of oikos plain greek yogurt and add some cinnamon. i'm not much on drinking just protein powder + water in shake form due to the texture. i really like the vanilla protein powder with blueberry greek yogurt and some cinnamon - it reminds me of eating blueberry pie... the grittiness is reminiscent of graham cracker crust (at least i tell myself that's what its like! haha)

i also tried the protein mug cake last night... you take one scoop of powder (i used chocolate) and add one egg white. i also added some cinnamon, like 1/2 tsp (which completely covered the grittiness and protein taste of my powder), then microwave for 45 seconds. it is kind of rubbery, but i topped it with a container of plain greek yogurt, 80 grams fresh strawberries, and a tbsp hersheys lite syrup and it was GREAT.
  • sm0113
    sm0113 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i also use body fortress super advanced from walmart. My favorite so far is the peanut butter chocolate. 1 scoop of that + one cup of unsweetened almond milk + a frozen banana + 5 ice cubes and a little bit of water. blend it all up and it is delicious. sometimes a few strawberries are good too. when I blend mine up it isn't gritty. that protein also isn't bad with just plain water if you want it to be lower calories. 1 scoop of the protein and one cup of the almond milk mixed tastes like chocolate milk!