How the tides have turned..

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
Have you ever been in a situation where someone you were really into rejected you but many months later had an epiphany and realized they made a mistake?

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Yup, sure have.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    This isn't really the same situation, but I had a huge crush on this kid and last fall, he came up to me and was like "you've matured so much. you're beautiful now." but nothing happened!
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm definitely hoping it will happen
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Not that they've ever told me about.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    No, but I was always the reject-er, not the reject-ee.

I don't think I've ever had second thoughts, either.

I'll get back to you if I ever actually go on a date. I am sure I'll face rejection regularly.
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I did this to someone, and we ended up in a relationship after I had this epiphany...but it was short-lived (2 months or so). I was genuinely happy in the beginning of the second try. I had my reasons in the first place but sometimes you talk yourself into giving someone another shot...there may be things you like about them, but in my opinion, if there was enough, you wouldn't have rejected them in the first place. That is just my situation though, I am sure there are exceptions!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Horrible mistake. Ended up getting a restraining order :/
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been in a situation where someone you were really into rejected you but many months later had an epiphany and realized they made a mistake?

No, but what's your story? :bigsmile: Or are you just hoping? :wink:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

I anticipate that to happen in about 2 months. Too little, too late. At least she'll know it's her fault.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Initially, my current girlfriend wasn't willing to date me exclusively. She didn't want to do a long-distant relationship. About a week later, she changed her mind.

I'm so glad she did!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    No,they were all pretty certain that they wanted nothing to do with me for all eternity. :laugh:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Been on both sides of this. Nothing happened in both cases.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Trying to realize that now.. But my situation is in this weird limbo.

That has been the case in the past, and will probably end up being the case again.

*Sigh*
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never had it happen. I'm done I'm done. They're done they're done.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    No,they were all pretty certain that they wanted nothing to do with me for all eternity. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    takingnameskickingbutt Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Story of my life! :)
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I dated someone for a little over a year. He broke up with me and then 4 months later came crawling back. Spent months trying to get back in my good graces. I finally caved, we dated for 9 months and he broke up with me again 2.5 weeks ago... Has been texting me since and told me last night he wished he had a time machine to go back and not make such a huge mistake.. Blah..
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I have had the epiphany before.... it didn't last long.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm definitely hoping it will happen

Me too LOL
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have and I got sweet sweet revenge haha.