Just curious?

Options
JennMarieFitz
JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
I wonder if anyone would help me with something as silly as this. I figured this would be the best place to ask since I'm keeping my new hairstyle a surprise from everyone except my husband. I have fairly short hair, but it's grown out to the point I hate it. Right now it brushes my collar bones, and my bangs are way too long. I could just get a trim and re-style it, but I found some really cool short cuts that I'm debating. I guess my question is - how short is too short for someone with my body type?

I've only ever seen pixie cuts on very large women and very thin women. Never someone like me. I'm short and extremely curvy. By curvy, I mean real curves, not fat rolls. It bothers me when overweight women call themselves curvy, because then what are people like me supposed to be called? I'm nowhere near being a waif.

Anyway, I just wonder if there's a reason that girls of my stature generally have long hair.

Replies

• blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think you would be fine with a pixie cut! And the good thing is if you don't like it, hair grows back :)
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'd say go for it! I think hair should reflect personality, not body-type. Hairstyles "for certain people only" is bunk. There are always exceptions to the lenth rule. Color, however is a different story, and completely irrelevant to this conversation :)
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think you should cut your hair according to your face shape. Google it. A good way to tell your face shape is to look in the mirror and draw on outline of your face with lipstick.