What does a relationship mean to people now adays?

Options

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I guess then it needs to be recognized that a person you are having sex with but have no other contact is not a "friend" with benefits,have fun but don`t then carp about what consequences may occur.

If the friendship is real then it means a concern for the other even though there is no emotional component to having sex.

To really throw fuel on the fire...please do not suggest that sex with a person you are dating requires an emotional commitment but then also allow for personally having either of the above.
    That is a contradiction of terms that can`t be resolved.

:laugh: OK, How about?

ONS=nobody cares!
    FB = No commitment, no emotion
    FWB= No commitment, limited emotion
    Date= Potential commitment, potential emotion
    Relationship= commitment & emotion

All - mutual respect and honesty for human beings!?

:bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

And I readily admit I am totally emotional about everything!! :laugh:

Me too. I care about total strangers, never mind people I actually like :laugh:

Awwww me too honey. This is why we are friends :flowerforyou:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Can't wait until we paint London Town red. Not long now!! :bigsmile: :glasses: :drinker:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I guess then it needs to be recognized that a person you are having sex with but have no other contact is not a "friend" with benefits,have fun but don`t then carp about what consequences may occur.

If the friendship is real then it means a concern for the other even though there is no emotional component to having sex.

To really throw fuel on the fire...please do not suggest that sex with a person you are dating requires an emotional commitment but then also allow for personally having either of the above.

ONS=nobody cares!

Sadly,human nature coupled with the basic terms of the first couple will never allow for the last so enter into them at your own risk.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

ONS=nobody cares!

Sadly,human nature coupled with the basic terms of the first couple will never allow for the last so enter into them at your own risk.

*sigh , I know, but Iive in an ideal world :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Can't wait until we paint London Town red. Not long now!! :bigsmile: :glasses: :drinker:

Yipeeeeeeeeee!! Bring on the pink fizz!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Yipeeeeeeeeee!! Bring on the pink fizz!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Wait...what's pink fizz?
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Wait...what's pink fizz?

sparkling pink (rosé) wine or champagne :bigsmile: Please tell me you get that in America?? :noway:
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options

Wait...what's pink fizz?

sparkling pink (rosé) wine or champagne :bigsmile: Please tell me you get that in America?? :noway:

Haha yeah I would say we do.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Waho! Holy debate! :)

Didn't think this would go on for 4 pages.

I'm absolutely no way attached to him, as I could care less if he's engaged. Just giving him the boot as I don't want to be a mistress!
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m193vxKDsC1qffloyo1_500.jpg

I like that! Sometimes I guess I do need someone to draw me a picture!
  • Carl01
    Options

I'm absolutely no way attached to him, as I could care less if he's engaged. Just giving him the boot as I don't want to be a mistress!

Then why the OP?
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Wow Chicky89 basically advertised that she was in need of a new FWB and this thread got to page 4 without a single guy jockeying for the opportunity. No wonder we're all single.
  • Carl01
    Options
    Wow Chicky89 basically advertised that she was in need of a new FWB and this thread got to page 4 without a single guy jockeying for the opportunity. No wonder we're all single.

I never once took it that way.
  • Freida_MS
    Freida_MS Posts: 100
    Options

I never once took it that way.

I didn't either.
  • Carl01
    Options

And to be consistent I have to say that is 180 degrees opposite your op so now am not sure where you are at.
    I don`t have to be but at some point you need to figure it out. :flowerforyou:
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options

And to be consistent I have to say that is 180 degrees opposite your op so now am not sure where you are at.

No, its not a change from my original post. I was never upset he was with someone/engaged. It was more "how can someone cheat on their other half/fiance. More of a shocker.

I could care less what he does. I'm not mad/jealous. Yes, I have FWB's but WHEN I'm in a committed relationship, its all about that ONE guy... Its mind boggling what relationships have turned into these days.
  • Carl01
    Options

No, its not a change from my original post. I was never upset he was with someone/engaged. It was more "how can someone cheat on their other half/fiance. More of a shocker.

I could care less what he does. I'm not mad/jealous. Yes, I have FWB's but WHEN I'm in a committed relationship, its all about that ONE guy... Its mind boggling what relationships have turned into these days.

Yes...yes it is
  • Freida_MS
    Freida_MS Posts: 100
    Options
    and this is why I am single........ha
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a relationship is simply the interaction you have with someone else. FWB type relationships (yes these are relationships) are part of the reason why quasi relationships are so common now.