Protien Shake

Options
Bevkus
Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
Are any of you supplementing your diet with protien shakes? If so, which ones/types do you use and how do you prepare it?

Thanks

Replies

• newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I use Natureade Total Soy (you can find it at BJ's Wholesale Club $19.99 / 47 servings) after every workout. It says to either mix with water or juice. I mix with water b/c I don't want the extra sugars, etc. from the juice. My sister mixes 1/2 water & 1/2 skim milk but she's not diabetic. If you mix & let sit in fridge for a few minutes, it thickens and tastes even better. Cals 140, Fat 3, cholesterol 0, sodium 220, potassium 150, carbs 17, fiber 2, sugar 8, protein 13.
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    I use Target Market Pantry Chocolate flavor. I mix it with Almond milk. The powder is only 5 cards and 25 protein per scoop.
  • LeannSz
    LeannSz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    SO glad I checked this out. Target one of my Fav stores I will look for it.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I use Target Market Pantry Chocolate flavor. I mix it with Almond milk. The powder is only 5 cards and 25 protein per scoop.

I might wanna try that. How's the taste? How many grams of sugar? Cals? Sodium? Sorry, hope you don't mind. :flowerforyou:
  • Peter3465
    Peter3465 Posts: 20
    Options
    I use a brand called Body fortress , it is very filling , and taste good, I find it at Walmart 14.95 , one container last me a month . It is Whey protein shake mix ,
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't normally, but someone gave me a bag of the Visalus shake mix hoping I would sign up for the program under them. I'll make one of those every now and then, using unsweetened almond milk.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That one from Target sounds good. I'll have to pick some of it up next time I'm there.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb - any flavor. Vanilla i mix with fruit for a smoothie...love it.
    110 cals, 25g protein, 0 carb. Does Not Contain: fat, cholesterol, sugar, aspartame, artificial sweetners, artificial colors, casein, msg, gluten Is sweetened with stevia.

Consumer Reports did a blurb on heavy metals and arsenic in some of the protein powders too.