Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
- This can be your cool down, unless you want to add another run then a 5 minute cool down walk

Here we go, do not let the 3 minute jog intimidate you! We can do it!

Don't forget to keep the spreadsheet updated for each exercise you do:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqs2MH7Y8hmQdEszbjJSMEhyTTRRbE5ETkdZN0oyZFE#gid=0

Replies

• peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    Just completed week 3 day 1! .. I added an extra 3 minute run to work off some mothers day breakfast and dinner!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1. I am proud that I was able to do the 2 - 3 minute jogs, but it was tough! I am glad tomorrow is an off day!!
  • smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    completed week 3 day 1 today. That last 3 minute jog was tough but I did it! My legs still feel like rubberbands 4 hours later!
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 of Week 3 and I feel great! I added another 3minute run, I was sort of getting in the groove of it and didn't want to stop! Looking forward to Day 2 :)
  • smanning1982
    Options
    wow can I just say that I was looking at the running plan again and am quite scared of week 5 LOL it goes from jogging 8 minutes on day 2 which is the longest jog up to that point to jogging 20 minutes the next day! I think that may be the week I have to repeat before moving on LOL
  • peteb79
    Options
    wow can I just say that I was looking at the running plan again and am quite scared of week 5 LOL it goes from jogging 8 minutes on day 2 which is the longest jog up to that point to jogging 20 minutes the next day! I think that may be the week I have to repeat before moving on LOL

It does look intimidating and so did the 3 minute run this week, we went from 1.30 to 3 minutes!, doubling our last longest run.. so we can do this! The nice thing about this design though is that it's easy to repeat a week.. I might repeat week 3 or 4 myself..

The only thing that gets me through the long runs is just to forget what I am doing. Instead of looking forward to the next walking segment, I just forget I am running and listen to music and focus on breathing.
  • smanning1982
    Options
    It's hard for me to tune out the running because my 12 year old daughter is whining the whole time LMAO she loves to go do it with me but whines every time she runs then is all proud of herself when she's done haha
  • peteb79
    Options
    It's hard for me to tune out the running because my 12 year old daughter is whining the whole time LMAO she loves to go do it with me but whines every time she runs then is all proud of herself when she's done haha

lol, I know how that goes I usually run with my 13 year old son and my 10 year old daughter, but she hurt her foot over the weekend and can't do the runs with us and she is pretty bummed about it. I also tried bringing my 7 year old daughter in week 2 and she was ready to go home after the first run.
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    just completed day 3 of week 2 ---- I am a little behind. I sorta didnt exactly follow the plan because i was able to run 3 minutes straight already. I still intend to do my 3 days of week 3 and should be able to complete this week.
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind too! I do day 3 of week 2 tomorrow. I am trying not to look too far ahead in the program, and I keep telling myself to eat the elephant one bite at a time!!!
  • cmecme
    Options
    Day 1 week 3 -- i did the cycle 1 1/2 times as had extra energy : ).....Hoping to do the next 2 days tomorrow and Saturday.

So -- here's the thing....about the fastest i can do the jog is 11:30 minute mile. I just dont think i could do a 10 minute mile but looks like that's what the program expects. Let me know thoughts for those of you who are more familiar with the program.
  • Njenva
    Njenva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice progress guys! I am back to week 1!!! I had been running indoors but decided to take it outside for the rest of the weeks..... Big difference!!! It was like I hadn't been running at all! So yeah, I am now 2 weeks behind. But I am happy to be running.
  • cmecme
    Options
    Njenva - couldn't agree more. I too find it much easier to run on a treadmill. Where i live is very hilly so running up hill is quite a challenge. I like the treadmill because i know my speed, but otherwise i much prefer outside, hills and all.
  • FitToFifty
    Options
    Day 2 done this morning. I am going to try to do day 3 outside tomorrow.
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi..I just joined this group today but I am actually on day 1 of week four today. I tried it this morning but I underestimated how cold it was outside at 6 am (38 degrees!!) so my ears were killing me and I was getting dizzy so I only made it through the first two runs- a 3 minute run and a 5 minute run. I think week four is going to be very tough for me! I am going to attempt it again after work...wish me luck!!
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good luck jakj00

I just finished week 3 day 1 and added an extra 3 minute run at the end. I've been running around a track, I hope to try different terrain next week :)
  • peteb79
    Options
    I think week four is going to be very tough for me! I am going to attempt it again after work...wish me luck!!

Welcome and Good luck!! Week 4 does look intimidating, but so did week 3.

We have a spreadsheet here to help keep track, I've added you and updated your runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqs2MH7Y8hmQdEszbjJSMEhyTTRRbE5ETkdZN0oyZFE
    I just finished week 3 day 1 and added an extra 3 minute run at the end. I've been running around a track, I hope to try different terrain next week :)

Good job, I was using a track for a while but for week 3 I found a nice 3 mile trail in a park near me. I only have about 2 miles done at the end of the routine so I've been adding an extra 3 minutes as well. My cool down walk is about 8 minutes now though.. I am just hoping by week 9 I will be able to do the full 3 miles.
  • ThinkThin85
    ThinkThin85 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Good job, I was using a track for a while but for week 3 I found a nice 3 mile trail in a park near me. I only have about 2 miles done at the end of the routine so I've been adding an extra 3 minutes as well. My cool down walk is about 8 minutes now though.. I am just hoping by week 9 I will be able to do the full 3 miles.

Thanks for the initial idea to add in the extra 3 minutes. I'm hope to be able to do the 3 miles by week 9 as well. I have a question, how do you determine if you think you need to repeat a week ? I really have to push myself to run for the 3 minutes.
  • peteb79
    Options
    I have a question, how do you determine if you think you need to repeat a week ? I really have to push myself to run for the 3 minutes.

The best way to find out if you have to repeat a week is to try!.. Try week 4 if it's too difficult go back to week 3. :-)
  • FitToFifty
    Options
    Day 3 done outside. WOW!!! I am still trying to do 1 day a week outside, but I wasn't able to last week - that is still the goal. I have figured out that outside I can do it, but I am SO SO SO much slower!

Here's to next week!! :noway: