WEEK #7 - SSS 13 Week Challenge - All Teams

Options
This is the new thread for Week #7. How is everybody doing?

This week I think it would be a cool idea for everybody to also post a low-cal recipe - with summer coming, we are always looking for some new recipes right???? So lets each person share a recipe with every one!!

I spent the day with my mother - and I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!! You ladies rock!! You juggle so many different things.... and are all incredible in MY opinion....

Replies

• maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Tough day today. It's the second Mother's Day since we lost my mom. Last year, I think I was rather numb. This year it hurts. Hopefully by next year, I will be able to enjoy the memories. I keep on trying though, and you can't fail if you don't give up!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day too!

Maureen, I am so sorry about your Mother. But you are right in your last statement! That's a great attitude!

I just got back from a weekend away for a wedding with my husband. It was great to see VERY old friends and have a change of scenery. I did a nice long walk yesterday morning on the beach and ran Friday morning before I left, but am exhausted after the drive and am going to bed without finishing my challenge exercises for the week:-( Back at it tomorrow.:tongue:

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    Options
    First of all....Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers and mothers to be out there! Being a mom is the greatest reward in life! To those who have lost their mom's.....use today to remember the good things about them. I know it is so hard to lose a parent....I am SO lucky to still have both my parents still here with me and I will not take one day for granted!

Week 7 Sunday

Exercise challenge- no
    Water-12 cups
    Under calorie goal-yes
    Walking challenge-1.69

I hope this next week proves to be a better week for me....I have gained 1 lb from last week....so frustrating!!!!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Back at it!

I had a rough week last week, between getting sick, traveling/visiting family, and looking for a new job/planning for a move in the next two months. But this week is back to business!

Today I was under my calories (despite a rough start to the day....bagel AND donut! Geez!), drank loads of water, took a nice long walk, and had a pleasant Sunday. :)
  • misty2ann
    Options
    Here is a low cal meal for anyone who would like to try it! I haven't figured out the excact cal/fat/carb count, but I know that it is low!

Make up your favorite chicken or tuna salad. I use canned chicken or tuna ( about 2 oz per serving) add 1 tbsp of miracle whip (I dislike mayo!), add in a little relish, finely shredded cheese, or just about anything veggie and some seasoning. Peel 1 cucumber and slice it length wise and scoop out the seeds. Add your chicken/tuna salad to the middle and enjoy a nice and light lunch! You can pair this up with some fresh, raw veggies or fruit on the side or a cup of low cal soup.

I have already made this for my lunch tomorrow and with the salad, 1/2 cucumber, 1 cup baby carrots, 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1 cup of tomato soup, it came out to be about 475 calories. I think this might be alot of food for lunch, so I think I can use the baby carrots and cottage cheese as my mid afternoon snack!

Give it a try and let me know what you think!
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to everyone

Sunday
    Exercises- no
    Under calories- yes
    Water 14 cups
    Walking 8 miles
  • Katacheese
    Options
    Here's a question for all of you challengers:
    How do you count your exercises? I've been calling them moderate calisthenics...
  • kackie
    Options
    Monday, Week 7, Day 1:

Under calories: YES
    Challenge exercises: YES
    Water: 12 glasses
    Walking challenge: 2.4 miles

Misty: Thanks for the tuna in a cucumber idea...sounds refreshing!

Katacheese: I log my challenge exercises as challenge exercises and put the actual calories burned using my Heart Rate monitor. I usually do my walk or exercise DVD and then do the exercises & maybe even some gardening so everything gets lumped together but I have an exact calorie burn. I love my HRM and I am not a gadget person normally! Nice walk, BTW...8 miles is awesome!!!

Glad to be home for the week but we are going away this Friday for the weekend AGAIN...I have a much more difficult time staying under calories when I am away and my weight is always up a pound or 2 after a weekend away, even when I get plenty of walking or exercise in! But, I'll just keep hanging in there and know that I am at least I am working on it:ohwell:

Have a good week!!!:flowerforyou: Kackie
  • misty2ann
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 Monday

Exercise challenge-yes
    Water-12 cups
    Under calorie goal-yes
    Walking challenge-2.51 and counting!
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Boy, do I need to catch up on my posting!

Monday:
    Exercise challenges – yes, day 1
    Water -- 12 cups
    Under calorie goal -- no
    Walking Challenge: 0
    Burned 0
    Minutes 0

I haven't posted since last Wednesday so I really need to go back and add things up. It's been raining for the last few days and hopefully stops tomorrow. I need to get outside and exercise. But I got two good walks in this past weekend and power washed the fence both days. That was tougher than I thought!

I don't count my exercise challenges for my daily burn. It usually takes me about 15 minutes and I don't think I'm burning many calories. I hope you all enjoyed a happy Mother's Day and celebrated your mom, wherever she may be! Great job with this challenge everyone -- keep at it!!

ETA: Quitelywinning, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Hoping happy memories help carry you through this difficult time.

Kelly
  • Katacheese
    Options
    Week 7 Monday

Exercise challenge- yes
    Water 14 cups
    Under calories- yes
    Evening walk- no- if only it would stop raining
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Sunday Day 1
    Exercised: no
    Under Calories: no
    Water: 8
    Miles Walked: 4
    Calories Burned: 272
    Minutes Exercised: 65
    Cals under maintenance: over 232

Week 7 Monday Day 2
    Under Calories: Yes
    Water: 8
    Miles Walked: 1
    Calories Burned: 100
    Minutes Exercised: 30
    Cals under maintenance: 535

I fell off the water wagon and drank diet sodas for 2 days. I can feel it! I did gain a pound this past week, with the zigzagging, but this morning was back down, so hopefully by this weekend I'll see an actual drop, finally.

This evening is Jane's visitation. I've made myself eat two decent meals so far and will try this evening. This is supposed to be my high day, but I'm thinking I'll make sure to net 1200. If I feel like eating more, I'll do it, but typically I do better in these situations without any food at all......striving for balanced nutrition is todays goal. And comforting the family what little bit I can. It's one of those "just be there" things.
    Calories Burned: 272
    Minutes Exercised: 65
    Cals under maintenance: 364
  • kackie
    Options
    Tuesday: Day 2, Week 7

Challenge Exercises: YES
    Under Calories: YES
    Water: 12 glasses
    Walking challenge: 1.5 miles (AND 30 day shred DVD, level 3...whew!!!!!!)

Healthy Recipe I am liking these days: Turkey Taco Salad or Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps

1 pound ground lean turkey
    1 onion, chopped
    1 package low sodium Taco seasoning
    1-2 t olive oil

Saute onion in a bit of olive oil until soft. Add ground turkey (I use organic) and brown. Then add Taco seasoning package and maybe 1/4 c water. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes. I serve it over a bed of mixed lettuces, some salsa, chopped tomato, avacado, shredded mixed low fat mexican cheeses, a tiny bit of low fat sour cream...and it is a yummy meal. I love having the left-over seasoned turkey meat to eat in bibb lettuce leaves as a "wrap" which is a great low calorie and filling snack.

I notice I am not the only one whose weight fluctuates up and down. It makes me feel more "normal"! But I know our exercises and especially the addition of some new ones I don't normally do, are helping my body look better and feel better, even if the scale isn't moving down the way I would like:ohwell: Soooooo...I'll keep plugging away:heart: Kackie
  • misty2ann
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 Tuesday

Exercise challenge-yes
    Water-12 cups
    Under calorie goal-
    Walking challenge-3.15
  • gklangdon
    gklangdon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sorry to not post for so long. My husband's mom was put in the hospital on Mother's Day and it's been kinda crazy and sad. She has Alzheimer's and is so scared and isn't able to tell us where she hurts and what she really feels like. Just like a little kid who doesn't know that the doctors and nurses are trying to help you feel better. She has moments of clarity and knows that she knows her kids and calm down, then she'll get scared and not know anyone. Alzheimer's is a very sad disease.

I'll try to post as much a I can, but I'm not at my computer much. I've been using my MFP app on my smart phone to keep up on my food intake. I did write out all of my exercises so I can do those and not have to look them up or fall behind.

So for the past two days.

Week 7 Day 1 & 2 Monday & Tuesday

Exercises - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Water - yes
    Evening Walk - no
  • Katacheese
    Options
    Week 7 Tueday

Exercises- yes
    Under calories- yes
    Water- 15 cups
    Evening walk- 2.5 miles
  • kackie
    Options
    Week 7, day 3

Exercise challenge: YES
    Under Calories: YES
    Water: 13 glasses
    Walking challenge: 2 miles

gklangton: So sorry about your MIL. Take care!

Kackie
  • misty2ann
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 Wednesday

Exercise challenge-no
    Water-12 cups
    Under calorie goal- yes
    Walking challenge-1.59

Rough day. I don't feel well. Motivation has left the building. Hoping to find it again soon!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Tuesday Day 3
    Under Calories: yes
    Water: 12
    Miles Walked: 3
    Calories Burned: 226
    Minutes Exercised: 75
    Cals under maintenance: 329

Week 7 Wednesday 4
    Exercised: yes, Mondy/Tuesday challenges done
    Under Calories: Yes
    Water: 14
    Miles Walked: 0
    Calories Burned: 121
    Minutes Exercised: 15
    Cals under maintenance: 261

gklangdon, I am very sorry about your mother-in-law. Alzheimers is a horrid disease. I have several clients who have it, and while I enjoy working with them, it is sometimes quite heartbreaking. Bless you for spending time with her. She needs the comfort.
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tuesday:
    Exercise challenges – no
    Water -- 8 cups
    Under calorie goal -- no
    Walking Challenge: 0
    Burned 0 (8886/32500 = 23614 remaining)
    Minutes 0 (1750/1950 = 200 remaining)

Wednesday:
    Exercise challenges – no
    Water -- 9 cups
    Under calorie goal -- no
    Walking Challenge: 1.95 mi walk
    Burned 91 (8977/32500 = 23523 remaining)
    Minutes 34 (1784/1950 = 166 remaining)

Gklangdon -- so sorry to hear about your MIL. {{Hugs}} to you and your family!

Uggh, I'm in a funk! Gotta get back in to it but feel like I'm getting sick!

Kelly