Anyone just beginning??

Options
2»

Replies

• amgilman87
    amgilman87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to start Monday! I had lost 10lbs and then gained it all back in a month! Time to get my butt in gear! Would love to support eachother along the way!
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I did 3B this morning so still a newbie at this...also doing the workouts at home
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Started last night and I squatted 65lbs! wow my legs are feeling it! I think I need to get a better step-up, I was just using risers from a step class. The workout felt like it went really fast, I was done in like 30 mins or so, but I guess this is just the beginning.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thinking of starting next week too. I have had the book...want to look it over again this weekend. Not sure if I will actually start Mon or Tues. Looking forward to the progress. I have just got to step away from that dang scale! Love all the inspirational stories/pics of women who have done so well lifting HEAVY!
  • SammiFrancs
    SammiFrancs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just did 2A today- I definitely felt it all over. Guess my first workout I was more worried about form so I didn't push myself. Today my squats were much better and did a higher platform on my step-ups- lovin the burn right now!
  • treeeee
    treeeee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just started this morning! I have been lifting on my own for a month or so but needed a good routine to stick with and help me see results, I've heard so many great things about this program I decided to give it a try.

Feel free to add me if you like, I love new MFP buddies!
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday. I'm started to read through the book today.
  • amgilman87
    Options
    I thought I finally understood the workout and just was reviewing it before I start tomorow morning. Am realizing now, I am STILL so confused! Looks like I need to start reviewing all the info again.
  • amgilman87
    Options
    Finished the first workout this morning!!! The workout felt really good! I thought it would be too easy. I definately need to give myself more time. Didn't realize there was 20min of just resting for inbetween sets. I know they say you should do them, but man that's a long time.
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    Is anyone finding that their grip strength sucks for the deadlift? I am going to try the over hand, under hand grip. I was only using 55 lbs. and it felt like the bar was going to slip. My legs and back felt great, but my hands wouldn't cooperate.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I make sure to use gloves for lifting, if I am too sweaty they always feel like they are slipping.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am new!! Anyone can add me if you'd like! Im not a week through yet!
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Is anyone finding that their grip strength sucks for the deadlift? I am going to try the over hand, under hand grip. I was only using 55 lbs. and it felt like the bar was going to slip. My legs and back felt great, but my hands wouldn't cooperate.

I am ok for the deadlifts, but the squat bar is a beast. My wrists keep rolling back. Guess I'll also be gaining some wrist strength!

Also, I read somewhere you shouldn't wear gloves? anyone else understand that?
  • RRT_RCP
    Options
    I did my first workout yesterday. My gym was PACKED with people. I wasn't able to alternate the sets. I know he says we should to give the muscles a 90sec break instead of 60 secs, but I couldn't leave one machine and expect it to be free when I came back. I actually had to work in my seated rows while the guy who was on it took his quick rest. I'm going to try and get to the gym early in the morning when there should be less people.
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My first day is tomorrow!! Hopefully the gym will not be too busy at lunch time :-)
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I'm hoping to start next week. I may ride on you ladies' coattails, if you don't mind. :happy:
  • RRT_RCP
    Options
    Did my first B workout. Seems like I'm getting in and out of the gym fairly quickly. Not use to that, I use to spend about 2 hrs at the gym.
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    started this week and am on 1B today too. Let`s get physical!