muffin top after 3 kids

2»

Replies

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    :flowerforyou: Thanks chesneyfan01. I will look for those DVDs. I am also a Kenny Chesney fan. In fact, my dog is named Chesney.

Here are some things that I have found to work:
    Drink more water
    Stay away from salt
    Continue with core workouts (planks are said to be very good)
    Eat more low fat protein
  • chesneyfan01
    chesneyfan01 Posts: 51 Member
    :flowerforyou: Thanks chesneyfan01. I will look for those DVDs. I am also a Kenny Chesney fan. In fact, my dog is named Chesney.

Here are some things that I have found to work:
    Drink more water
    Stay away from salt
    Continue with core workouts (planks are said to be very good)
    Eat more low fat protein
    LOL I also have a cat named Chesney! :happy:
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    I don't even have children and I have a muffin top. :( I'm hoping to be rid of it by the time I turn 30 next year!
  • Swissmiss
    I don't even have children and I have a muffin top. :( I'm hoping to be rid of it by the time I turn 30 next year!

Well, we can't blame our children for this. :laugh:
  • jodster333
    jodster333 Posts: 10
    Hows everyone doing with working on the muffin tops? Has anyone read anything that has helped or words of encouragement and motivation??
  • Swissmiss
    Hows everyone doing with working on the muffin tops? Has anyone read anything that has helped or words of encouragement and motivation??

All I can add is that I have noticed that since I have been seriously working with weights and doing planks, etc. my mid section has become smaller. I now have somewhat of a waist.
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    i read your conversation on here and tried jillian's work out on you tub,, yes it is awesome. i plan on doing this every evening for a month and more.
  • Tianabum
    Tianabum Posts: 1
    I read a book in January called Wheat Belly and decided to follow it for a month. I am still wheat free and lost the 4 kilos I wanted to lose and feel great. My husband also got off wheat at the same time and lost 10kgs, and it was all from around his waist. I can see his abs for the first time! For all the ladies out there, I recommend you try cutting out wheat and continue with your usual exercise if only for a month. If it's too hard and you don't see results I'd be surprised. I haven't been using MFP to track my calorie intake in a year or so, but I just checked my current food intake and without the wheat I am having trouble reaching my recommended total calories and I'm feeling full and satisfied after my wheat-free meals.
  • CAMOLOVELADY
    CAMOLOVELADY Posts: 34 Member
    Hi my name is Angel. I started having problems with my weight right out of high school. When I graduated I weighed like 145 lbs. Within a year I have gained probably 10-15 lbs. Now I am almost 100 lbs heavier than I was. I do have 3 kids but I weigh more now than I did even being pregnant. The muffin-top issue is a big one for me. I don't like big baggy clothes so I wear things that fit. Skinny jeans, cute tops things like that but the muffin-top drives me insane because I have to buy my shirts bigger than I should in order to cover it. I am definitely looking forward to losing it. I am just starting this journey for what seems like the hundredth time in 19 years.