Curiousity killed the cat... (I feel stupid!!)

Options
2»

Replies

• Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    tsk tsk for looking backwards even to see the ex - no no no bad Amazona!
    I do know how curiousity can over rule everything - but he has made if official on FB and if that doesnt say anything lol
    If you want more romance - talk to the guy. I had to talk to my fella and tell him to piss or get off the pot, and he did just that, he took me on my amazing camping weekend. He stepped up and showed me the man he is capable of being. Just a little communication can go a long way!

HALLELUJAH for great sex! Got to love that!! *grabbing cheerleading pom poms*
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I asked him to come over tonight to finish putting my new place together like my big bookshelf and shelving units I have. He said "sure baby, I can do that. :)". I'm cooking him dinner and then we're going to watch Weeds (I got him addicted to it).

:heart:

He's my sweety poo shmooky!!!

I found this quote and I liked it!

"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there". Hehe
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It sounds like smiley killed the cat to me..........
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    "The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there".

Love this!!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    It sounds like smiley killed the cat to me..........

Okay you and I don't see eye to eye for some reason but this made me crack up!!!

Oh Smiley. :love:
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Okay you and I don't see eye to eye for some reason but this made me crack up!!!

[/quote]

We are a both blunt and strongly opinionated so that's why .

And I'm pretty caustic in my opinions cause people need that contrary outlook. Some hate it some love it but everyones gonna read it.
  • La_Amazona
    Options

We are a both blunt and strongly opinionated so that's why .

That I am!! :drinker:
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    See .. I find that incredibly romantic .. lol
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    this might help you feel less stupid :-)

my ex and i have been apart for almost 3 yrs. he was stalking me on Facebook and elsewhere online, so i blocked him, deleted my acct and then blocked him again. he emailed me 24 hrs later about my new fb page that i had blocked him from. erie!!!

he started dating last summer. i did not care in the least bit. let someone else deal with his crazy!!! i never asked him a question about her, never asked the kids about her, never asked what her name was, or how serious they were. nothing. my children did volunteer info, but i never asked or made a big deal of any of it. he was free to move on, as i should be....

in march, i started dating someone. around the same time, he and his GF broke up. since march, he's been spying on me, doing drive bys, drilling the kids for information, and sending a lot of obnoxious emails. he figured out the FULL name of the guy i'm dating and TOLD me that he has every right to interview the guy!! that since he can speak with my kids' teachers, he is allowed to interview the guy i'm dating!!!!! we are divorced.

he's not just checking out my FB page, he's stalking me, spying on me, and not allowing me to have a private life. what he is doing, is stupid. beyond stupid!!!! YOU are normal!!!!! totally normal!!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Amazona, I think your reactions are perfectly normal!! Please dont forget you've not even been separated a year yet?? What is it, 6 months???

Most of us take a good 2 + years to be fully over our long term ex. I dont know why that is particularly, only that it's the normal cool down time.

I went through all this with my LTex and I never wanted him back, and 10 years later I still dont want him back !! It's not a case of wanting him back its just you have to get him out of your system. It takes time. Trust me, in 2 or 5 years time you won't have these feelings about him. Memories fade and you make new one's with new people and you fully move on. But it's still early days.

So cut yourself some slack in the mean time.

I know its hard, but please dont compare Smiley to him. Or try and turn Smiley INTO him but without the cheating. Let your relationship with Smiley grow naturally and realise he's a completely different person with his own unique traits. If you compare things like that you'll never be happy with anyone cos you'll always be looking for your ideal.

All I'm saying is keep the two issues separate! Getting over your ex (allow yourself to mourn the end of that relationship, in private) Build a new relationship (and allow yourself to be happy!)

:flowerforyou:
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Bravo, Anna! :smokin:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think you have to think of it in a couple of different ways
    - people only post the good stuff (generally) to FB. You're only seeing one side of the story
    - also, your ex might have been mr. romantic but is your ex for a reason, isn't he?!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I guess it's normal to be curious about it. The whole romance thing is me being silly. I'll take a good man with an honest mouth any day over a lying cheat with beautiful but empty words.

Today is my and Smiley's 1st month anniverary! He thinks it's silly for me to celebrate it but it doesn't seem like we've been together for an official month. :bigsmile:
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    thats why i hate FB these days Im like that too and i had to control myself from peeking at my guy's account coz i know ill get hurt by the things i see and read...though i did peek when i was at my weakest point but its been months now since i did it and feel better. PLEASE BLOCK THE EX and dont think about him anymore, besides youve got Smiley with you :)
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, girl, you're completely normal. I probably would have done the same thing, because I am simply NOSEY! LOL.

As for Facebook, I honestly have gotten away from it. My love life is no one business but mine, and if I get into a relationship I probably won't bother making it "Facebook official." Not saying Sugar Lips and I are gonna make it official soon, but if we did, no one on Facebook would know. You guys, my few friends that I talk to on a daily basis in person, and my family would know, aka the people I care about.

No one at work would know unless I tell them, because lord knows **** would get around to my ex and people at work would try to cause drama about it anyway even if he didn't (which I don't think he would anymore).

Take everyone else's advice about not comparing Smiley to your ex, or anyone else you've dated. You should only compare Smiley to his own standards. As for the romance part, try to bring it up if you guys have a deep conversation sometime soon. It's still a new relationship, so if/when the l-word gets brought into play in a few weeks or months, that would be a great time to start opening up about what type of romantic things you like. Hell, do something for him. :)

Sounds like you've got a great man. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride (literally :wink: )!
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride (literally :wink: )!

Oh this I am doing!! :wink: