Recipe Ideas

Options
So I am on week two of Optifast 800 and already looking into different mixes for the shakes. Any ideas or thoughts?

Replies

• walber
    walber Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    diet root beer, vanilla powder, rootbeer extract,ice, blend- taste like a root beer float
  • jessclaybrook
    jessclaybrook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How could I modify the recipe for the ready to drink boxes vs the powder?
  • acyarde
    acyarde Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I added brocolli and carrots to my chicken soup tonight along the black pepper and oregano. It was very filling.
  • jessclaybrook
    jessclaybrook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Acyarde, are you doing the optifast 800 or something different? we weren't allowed to add anything special to our stuff while doing the 800.
  • acyarde
    acyarde Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories. I have 5 products plus a meal (veggies and protein).
  • pinkdrew
    pinkdrew Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, ladies. Just started the Optfast today..... I love your recipes but, I know I cant add any food to my plan. Please share any other recipes...thanks :)
  • jfpantoja
    jfpantoja Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in week 11 and once I discovered mixing the strawberry and vanilla powders together (making a double batch and saving the second half for later) I haven't been looking for alternative recipes. Freezing that mixture for a bowl of "ice cream" is also pretty cool! My second favorite is mixing the 8oz RTD (ready to drink) with 8 to 10oz of coffee. I never was much of a coffee drinker but for some reason loved the Mocha Joe's at Burger King and this practically tastes the same. However, for me coffee is a really good diuretic so my trips to the restroom double! Fortunately it adds to my mileage on the pedometer!

A friend said he uses Mrs. Dash in his tomato soup. (I forget which blend.) He also says he sprinkles dehydrated onions which is against the rules I think but . I don't really do the soups any more but I loved sprinkling red pepper flakes in my chicken soup.
  • Acbennett4
    Acbennett4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished my week 20 and am now on full food and moving into maintenance.... Good luck to all those on Optifast 800 still... It Works! I lost 50lbs. =) Recipe ideas I used:

Vanilla Shake with Sugar Free Toroni Almond Roca Flavor- hot water blend in blender.... delicious morning drink if your not into coffee

Chocolate Shake with Diet Cream Soda (A&W)- blended with approx 5-6 cubes of ice in the blender makes a great frozen shake.

Chocolate Shake with the Peppermint flavored Toroni syrup (sugarfree)- add some ice and make a chocolate mint flavored shake... delicious and reminded me of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Chicken Soup... add Garlic Powder and a splash of low sodium hot sauce.

For making the water intake more fun I suggest Mio- not the energy ones though... or crystal lights =) Just be careful as to much aspartimine can cause an unpleasant tummy. I would limit to or twoservings a day....

HAPPY WEIGHT LOSS EVERYONE!