Another "numbers" question

Options
Dare2Believe
Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
I am trying to figure out my BMR & TDEE (not good at even simple math :frown: ) A couple people (not members of this group) sent me a pm and gave me different numbers so I wanted to ask this group here as you have more experience with it.

I am a 45 year old female. 5'2" tall, weigh 217pounds. I have a pretty sedentary job working 12-13 hour shifts. I have been told my calorie level should be anywhere from 1300 up to almost 1700. Would really like for someone to help me figure out what my numbers are. Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I love fat2fitradio.com or the scooby one....someone help me with that link! :-) They are the best at finding your info. :-)
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out my BMR & TDEE (not good at even simple math :frown: ) A couple people (not members of this group) sent me a pm and gave me different numbers so I wanted to ask this group here as you have more experience with it.

I am a 45 year old female. 5'2" tall, weigh 217pounds. I have a pretty sedentary job working 12-13 hour shifts. I have been told my calorie level should be anywhere from 1300 up to almost 1700. Would really like for someone to help me figure out what my numbers are. Thanks for any advice.

What kind of exercise do you do? and for how long? if none then your BMR is 1673 according to Scooby and your 15% cut is 1707
    fat2fit radio has you at 1679 as your BMR and around 1700 would be your cut with no activity.
  • Dare2Believe
    Options
    [/quote]

What kind of exercise do you do? and for how long? if none then your BMR is 1673 according to Scooby and your 15% cut is 1707
    fat2fit radio has you at 1679 as your BMR and around 1700 would be your cut with no activity.
    [/quote]

Between a sedentary job and being a student I don't get a lot of activity. At most would be walking my dog, I aim for 4000 steps when we go for our daily walk.
  • Dare2Believe
    Options
    I went in and changed my custom goals to 1700 calories and carbs 40%, protein & fat 30% does that seem correct? Is the 1700 what I should be eating on non-workout days as well as workout days?

Sorry, I am so confused, :huh: and don't want to gain back what little I have lost :sad: but am tired of being hungry all the time with the calories set anywhere between 1200-1500 (my doctor said "1200 to lose weight"!)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello,

First, check out http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience

This is important as this is not a fad diet but a lifestyle change.

Second, I ran your numbers through Scooby and this is what I see:

BMR - 1627
    TDEE - 2238

TDEE Cut target: 1790

I based this off of light exercise during the week (walking the dog).

So I would start there, 1790, for at least 6 weeks.

Ditch the scale for a couple of weeks. On day 1 of upping calories, take measurements of different parts of your body.

Then maybe bi-weekly, start comparing the numbers.

After 6 weeks is when you would make any changes (99% of the time adding more calories). It takes a long time to undo the harm of starving your body for so long and getting back to a healthy, natural amount of eating :)