Options
rosied915
rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
Starting Workout 9 today.......kinda skeered:embarassed:

Replies

• rosied915
    Options
    Well, I had every reason to be skeered of Workout 9~ I COULD NOT DO IT!!!! It wasn't just "challenging", it was impossible-for me.

I'm serious, just about the entire workout is in Plank or otherwise on your wrists and I just can NOT do it!!

I consider myself the "Queen of Modifications" but this workout has me stumped~ I have to modify the ENTIRE thing!!

Somehow I managed to burn 127 calories doing the few things I could but got so pissed I stopped at 25 minutes.

I might substitute Workout 7 for 9 and do 7 & 10.......

Very, very:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh no.....thanks for the warning. I will attempt workout 9 tonight. Not looking forward to 30 minutes of planking, that's for sure! Yikes!
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Started Phase 3 this morning. AND. WOW. or should I say holy s___!

I was the same, couldn't do any of the exercises. It’s all the combinations that make it sooooooo difficult for me! By the time I watch the combination and wait for the modifier their off to the next one! I'm going to have pause it or something, cause it feels like a total waste of time just sitting there with my jaw hanging down, lol. Funny part is, don't know how, BUT I DID break a sweat!

Hopefully Workout 10 will not be so complicated…

Good luck to everyone going thru this last phase!!!!!!!!
  • ngrugle0
    ngrugle0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with everyone on workout 9--where did those exercises come from? I felt completely unprepared and wasn't able to do most of them. I was fine with workouts 7 and 8 and then I basically got no workout in this morning--just stared at the screen a lot and made my feeble attempt to keep up. I was NOT happy with this DVD. Let's hope # 10 goes better tomorrow...
  • gunchik
    gunchik Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Workout 9 was haaard, but workout 10 - I thought I was going to pass out! My heart was beating like crazy, I was panting and even considering pausing the DVD.
  • lalfaro01
    lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'm so scared! Good thing I don't work at my part-time tonight so I'll be able to rewind if needed. Won't be the case tomorrow so we'll see how it goes :/.
  • focobaby
    focobaby Posts: 8
    Options
    work out nine is brutal!! some of them i just physically can't figure out how to do. the plank hold where they rock into an ab hold? i dont understand how they do it.

i'm on the second week of weeks 9 and 10. i just finished 9 and while it was definitely easier than it was last week, i still have a lot of room for improvements on the moves i cant figure out how to do. i'm probably going to continue these workouts an extra week.
  • HayNakuKendi
    Options
    Ack! I start Phase 3 on Wednesday. I'm gonna preview WO 9 tonight or tomorrow. I'm skurred.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh Dear!! I start workout 9 tonight and you guys are scaring me!!
    I think what I will do is just sit and watch the entire workout first. I don't want to try doing the moves as they are doing them if it is as hard as it sounds.

Wish me luck:huh:
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    The first time I did 9 I thought Jillian was nuts!! So many darn plank moves!! I had to modify a few of them. On my 2nd time I was finally able to do more of them without having to modify but it was HARD. I still need to take mini breaks here and there.

I definitely advise viewing it beforehand if you can to get a sense of some of the moves!!
  • cookieta76
    Options
    I survived! Once again...the boat pose. Into hollow man WTF Jillian? Haha. I just keep tipping over! I feel so stupid. But I think I did OK with most stuff, took a few tries on some to finally figure it out. Push up jacks? Squat jacks? Hard, challenging stuff! Easiest part was Kenta's move. Oh, and....Natalie got in trouble! Lol

One thing that surprised me. Crabs with the weight in the lap? No problem! All these arm workouts must really be working, because I was completely surprised that I could do it. I remember being so afraid earlier in phase 1 when I heard she added weights later on...OK I'll shut up.

On to 10 tomorrow! We can do it!
  • ngrugle0
    Options
    Ok, so workout #10 wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating...hard for sure, but not as impossible as #9. Maybe I just have significantly stronger legs than I do chest/triceps? I feel invigorated doing the back/bicep/hamstring workouts, but man do I hate the front of the body ones. My first time with cardio #3 is tomorrow--I really, really hope I don't feel like throwing up. :-)
  • rosied915
    Options
    Workout 10 was 100% better than 9!! It was challenging but not impossible like 9 was and I actually loved a lot of the moves!

I feel SO much better after doing this one~ I seriously thought I'd have to quit if the rest of the program was like 9!!

AND~ I burned a whopping 199 CALS!!!
  • cookieta76
    Options
    Whoa workout 10. Thanks for kicking my butt. Sore this morning....so far with 9 & 10, I feel like one tough cookie! :wink:
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel that Cardio 3 is another workout instead of cardio!?? WOW. LOL Planks have become a four letter word for me!! LOL
  • HayNakuKendi
    Options
    Does anyone else feel that Cardio 3 is another workout instead of cardio!?? WOW. LOL Planks have become a four letter word for me!! LOL
    I completely agree. Workout 9 is the plank workout. Doing the side plank, even just trying to hold that pose let alone the push-up, was so frustrating. I definitely recommend previewing this workout because by the time you figure it out, it's time for the next exercise. I think I need to take a beginner's yoga class!

And while I hate these odd-numbered workouts, I love the results I'm getting. I love to hate you, Jillian!
  • rosied915
    Options
    I completely agree. Workout 9 is the plank workout. Doing the side plank, even just trying to hold that pose let alone the push-up, was so frustrating. I definitely recommend previewing this workout because by the time you figure it out, it's time for the next exercise. I think I need to take a beginner's yoga class!

And while I hate these odd-numbered workouts, I love the results I'm getting. I love to hate you, Jillian!

I KNOWWWWW!!! All the freakin' front body workouts are SO hard!!!

Oh, that's right, that's why we need to DO this in the first place.....:explode:
  • ngrugle0
    Options
    Did cardio 3 for the very first time yesterday...awesome workout! I agree that it was more like a workout than the other cardio dvds, but for some reason that made it a lot more fun for me. And thank goodness that dvd #9 went a million times better this morning than the first go-around. I wasn't able to do everything, but I modified successfully and didn't end up angry at the end. :-)
  • rednecco
    rednecco Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeah, I actually got angry at Jillian at first for having expectations that I considered too high! :) But then I just sucked it up and did the best I could...Never could do a wheel push up and I finished the program last week. Ah, well.
  • rosied915
    Options
    SOOOOOO, I did Workout NINE:angry: again yesterday and it was actually MUCH better.

Still not perfect, but better.