Wondering about the proper ratio of macro

Options
chelll224
chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
I've been searching everywhere trying to find out what I should be aiming for as far as the right ratio of carbs, fat, and protein. I've done low carb before but paleo is different. I found this interesting site that I think makes a good case for it's recommended ratios.

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/question-of-macronutrient-ratios/

Does anyone else aim to meet a certain number of carbs, fat, and protein each day? I'm hoping once I'm more used to this way of eating I won't worry so much about getting a certain number of anything.

Replies

• Snapdragons3
    Snapdragons3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    This could be an interesting controversial thread :P
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    You know I'm not diehard paleo, at least not yet, but I personally aim for at least 100g of protein and fewer than 100g of carbs daily, so that works out to about 30% carbs, 30% protein, and 40% fat, although I'd rather be over on protein than fat, personally. I usually don't make those goals, but it's what I work toward. I came to those numbers based just on how I feel -- when I load up on carbs and bottom out my protein, I feel tired and depressed. I don't know what the "rule" is, I just know that works pretty well for me.
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just bumped an older thread about this for you girls to peruse.
  • chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks!