What Is your ideal weight?

Options

Replies

• jily32
    jily32 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm 6'1 with a smaller frame currently at 157 with my goal at 130. That's where I'm most comfortable
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I am 6 ft tall want to get down to 200 and then to 140-150.
  • jendorf44
    jendorf44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and my current goal is 170....would love to get 165. I carry all my weight in my stomach (and grossly, my back - stupid apple shape) . I did p90x last year and put on weight, not muscle. I think I took in too few calories and am excited to start mfp, it seems to be helping already.
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and currently 168 at 3.5 months post partum - my lowest weight pre-preg was about 150 but I wasn't happy, I'd ideally like to get to 140 eventually :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I recently changed mine from 145 to 160 :( (Im 5'10)
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    I'm 30yrs old, 5'9" and currently 189. I started with MFP in January at 211 so have just hit the 20lb mark!! (yay!) My first goal is 175, then reevaluate but I'm already thinking closer to 160. I've always had the mindset that anything under that would be "too thin" but maybe that's just because I've never been under that (since I've been an adult) and I just don't know what I would look like at that weight. I've been fooling around with the mybodygallery website and see tons of ladies at 5'9" in the 140s that look totally healthy and not too thin at all, so who knows! I've never been more committed to weightloss/fitness as I am right now, I'm in it for the long haul and who knows, maybe I'll be 150 someday :)
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    I'm 30yrs old, 5'9" and currently 189. I started with MFP in January at 211 so have just hit the 20lb mark!! (yay!) My first goal is 175, then reevaluate but I'm already thinking closer to 160. I've always had the mindset that anything under that would be "too thin" but maybe that's just because I've never been under that (since I've been an adult) and I just don't know what I would look like at that weight. I've been fooling around with the mybodygallery website and see tons of ladies at 5'9" in the 140s that look totally healthy and not too thin at all, so who knows! I've never been more committed to weightloss/fitness as I am right now, I'm in it for the long haul and who knows, maybe I'll be 150 someday (though it seems unbelievable that I could lose another 40lbs to get there!)
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my goal weight is. For some reason, I'd settled on 140. I guess because it's exactly 10 stone. I did get down there, via stress, for a little while in January and liked it. Then, I quit smoking and the pounds started creeping on, even though I started to exercise when I quit smoking. When it got up to 146-148, I decided to try and lose some.

I don't know why 140, though. It's really kind of stupid.

I have other goals - to run a 5k and to climb a munro (Scottish mountain > 3000 ft) without too much huffing and puffing. I'd also like to see my waist-to-hip ratio shrink a little, as it's borderline (I'm an apple.)

I'm seeing more loss on the tape measure than the scale, and I feel stronger when I climb hills. I'm starting to think that maybe I should stop trying to lose weight, but still log my food to see what I'm doing, how things affect my mood and energy, etc.
  • teimo
    teimo Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi.. I'm between 5'9 & 5'10"... currently I'm 156llbs (11stone 2lbs for the UK). I was aiming for 148lbs (10 stone 8lbs) but I'm now thinking about revising this to aim for around 140 (10 stone).
    Guess it will just depend how it goes!
    Any people of the same height who want to friend me... feel free!!
    Wish me luck :smile:
  • ShannaSwitzer
    ShannaSwitzer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'11" and aiming for 180
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    At 150 as of today. My GW is set to 145 but secretly my "real" ideal had been 125. But now I've been looking into BMI/body fat and that's actually too low...so now my new secret GW is 127-130. Gotta keep my booty though so we'll see.
  • bellydancefae
    Options
    I'm 5'11 pushing 6' and currently weight 208lbs. My current goal is 175, which would be the high range of healthy for me. Once I get there, I may try to drop as low as 155 but I don't think I I'd want to go any smaller than that. I was 115-135 through high school and a size 3/4. I don't EVER want to be that thin again... it wasn't healthy and it didn't look good. I have a small-medium build but long muscular legs so 155 would probably be my "athletic" weight, which I was about 2 years after high school.
  • jporche77
    jporche77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and my goal is 180. My body tends to get stuck at 185 but want to try for a little lower then we will see. I am a true pear so it is so hard to tell when I even lose 20lbs
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0 and my target weight is 165. I am currently a smudge above 200lbs, and I have large boobs (38DDD) as well as a large body frame. I have a feeling that once I get below 180 I will reconsider my target, considering the thinnest I ever was was 170 and I am in much better physical shape now than I was at that weight. I'd be happy fitting into a size 10 and staying there. Currently a size 14.
  • SlankeTinuke
    SlankeTinuke Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I´m 6"1 and my ideal weight is 176 pounds. Don´t remember when I was that skinny, but I can´t wait to get there.. I can already feel my confidence grow with every lost pound :D
  • pangsofbeauty
    Options
    As a tall woman, I know sometimes it's tough for me to figure out what my ideal weight should be. I am 5'9 and looking to get to 145 and then go from there. I originally thought 135...but that's on the low end of healthy, so we will see...

How about y'all??

145 is the weight I tend to hover around
    But my gw is 135
    Everybody is diff
    I know 5'9" girls at 120 who look skinnier
    Than a 5'9" girl at 108!
  • loriwarner
    loriwarner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and a half and right now my goal weight is 160. I found it very helpful to look at http://www.mybodygallery.com to try and figure out what the right weight for me would be. It shows pictures of real women. You can pick your height and then different weights. You can also pick specific body types (apple, pear, hourglass)

LOVE this! I went there immediately, and "tried on" different weights!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5' 10" & 5'11", and my first goal was to get below 200. I'm almost there!

Then I thought 190 would be good, because I thought that's how much I weighed in '94. But that's only about 12 pounds away, and I know I won't be satisfied with that. Also, I have a dress from back then sitting in my closet that won't fit for a while. So now I'm thinking 180 is a good goal.

Part of me wants to get to 175, because then I could say I've lost half my body weight!

My Wii Fit keeps telling me that 157 is a good goal, and I laugh, because I'd rather not look like a crack *kitten*, thanks.
  • Chelle471975
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 6'1.6". My goal weight is 159 lbs. I'm about 171 lbs now. Just starting now, so wish me luck :-)
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'9. Larger framed. My goal weight is between 165-175 &,based on how I feel.about my body then I will go from there. :)