Do you need to lose more than 30 pounds......

Options
2»

Replies

• bettyzing
    bettyzing Posts: 48
    Options
    Hey there! We need to be friends... :) I'm 42 (and 1/2), and am at a similar weight (184). My goal is 142, so yeah, I've got a ways to go. Which is fine - I'm just so happy to be eating well and getting healthy.

I have only been doing this for 1 month, but I am starting out with the higher cals (I'm in the 1700's somewhere). I have seen consistant losses, not huge - but again, that's fine.

"Friend" me and we can keep each other on track! :)

- Heidi
    Me too! 85 kg's , 5foot 4 and 36 years old, started eating more 2 weeks ago and joined the gym. Keen to have friends in the same boat!
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm needing to lose about 40lbs, I'm hoping this eat more to lose weight helps, I've been stuck in a rut for months I've hardly lost anything since January, so I'm up for trying anything.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 lbs to lose and always looking for like minded friends ... great to have you along for the ride :flowerforyou:

increased my food for past weeks so only new to it too but loving the eating!
  • Jonnelle06
    Jonnelle06 Posts: 53
    Options
    I need to lose to about another 30pounds as well I have been eating about 1800 calories as well for almost a month now and I haven't weighed myself in about three weeks so the last time I stepped on the scale I was 168 but I Just bought some new jeans about two weeks ago and I have to go buy another pair cause they are too big :happy: It was hard in the beginning but in time it will get easier
    feel free to add me can always use the support
  • cafeconleche
    Options
    I'm 28, and just started this days ago. I would like to lose 67 more lbs, ideally, but 40-50 (putting me at about 150-160)would be a blessing. I'm learning to add more strength, but i don't have a gym membership, so I run for cardio about 4-5 days a week for a half hour per day. Last week, I was 201, and now today I'm 199....not sure what that's about but we will see what happens next!
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have about 50lb to lose. I started this yesterday and feel so much better for it. Will see how it goes. If anyone wants to add me please do :)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Bump-Same boat!! I will be back after the gym.:smile:
  • MargoPrior
    MargoPrior Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    More than 30 needed here; more like 70 or close to it. I have only been on this site for about 3 weeks and I have lost 13 pounds, starting out from 220 and currently at 207. Part of that loss I believe came from my blood pressure change at the beginning of my journey here, but the rest is from eating nearly 2000 calories daily and working out and being dedicated to this site :-) The biggest thing I am happy about is from my measurements yesterday that put me down 2 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips and half an inch on my next...4 1/2 inches lost, now that I love! Keep up the good work! You will get there before you know it! :-)
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    None of my clothes fit! I had to go buy several outfits to go on vacation this week. But it's not really showing on the tape measure.

OK, did you jump into MY head to write all this?! LOL

I'm 5'6" and started at 205 lbs (i'm 32). I lost what I've done so far by just following MFP and eating back my exercise cals. But then I "took a break" to just maintain for awhile. Yeaaaaaah, that was in Aug 2011 and I'm STILL staring at 185 on the scale. :mad: But I feel like I have the same problem! I KNOW I'm smaller, but I can't seem to go down a pants size yet (in my case, i blame it on my waist losing 5" but my hips only losing 2" :tongue: ).

I just increased my cals last week, and I'm pretty sure I'm up a couple of lbs, but I'm going to keep at it and see if I can't "reset". I'm shooting for TDEE-20% on non-exercise days and BMR+ about 100 + Exercise cals on workout days. I'm going to try to give it at least 6 weeks and see how it goes, but you're DEFINITELY not alone :tongue:
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have about 70 pounds to lose. I would love more like minded friends, anyone on this group is welcome to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have about 40-50 lbs to go. Maybe more.