Hello: New to the Group!!

Options
Hello,

Im Liz : 47+ years of youth with 47 lbs to lose. I hit my all time high of 197 lbs around 2011 Christmas time... I had an unexpected full hysterectomy May/2011 and am recovering from knee surgery I had in January/2012... Needless to say the hormonal roller coaster wasn't enough by itself....

I have been on MFP since early January and have lost 12 lbs which is discouraging... but have lost several inches!! fitting better into my clothes, feeling better and better every day. Im dealing with prolonged recovery with my knee which dictates how hard I can work out, but can always walk for a few miles in the very least..

Im happy to find others in my situation and it DOES help that others are having difficulty moving that scale too... It inspires me to push on and celebrate the NSVs!!

My Goals..

1. goal weight 150
2. get moving at least 3-5 times per week
3. sweat more, eat less
4. better choices
5. cut out eating out... im packing my lunches and saving money to boot!!
6. more family time
7. more ME time

My inspirations....

1. Be healthy for ME, my husband, my kids, my friends and my job (law enforcement)
2. Be patient.... I didn't put the lbs on over night... don't expect to lose it overnight

Happy to find this group. It helps me so much to know others are on the same journey and to hear their trials and tribulations as well..

Replies

• glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! I had a hysterectomy 6 six year ago but ovaries were left. I am now in menopause on and off- not sure if it comes and goes or if I do the right thing sometimes, sometimes I don't??? But the weight is the worst part- I find it very hard to lose no matter what I do. But throwing in the towel would make it worse so I hang in there- so welcome and good luck! We can all do it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • workshy000
    workshy000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello Liz, and everyone (I'm new too). It sounds like you've been through the wars, I hope things improve for you. I haven't lost any weight but did lose some centimetres around the waist - which I then found had migrated to my hips!
  • janet1124
    janet1124 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz! Feel free to 'friend' me..I am new to this, and would love to have friends to keep me motivated. Menapause has not been my friend!!

janet
  • cnmince
    cnmince Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Knee surgery was bad enough but a hysterectomy, too? Egads! Now that's a double whammy! Best of luck on your journey.