Not going as far?

happyfrogg
happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
Hey folks,

I just completed W3D3 this morning and I have noticed something... I am not going as far this week as I was the last 2! I run the same route each time, and this week I've gone a block less (at least) than previous weeks. I use the "Run 5K" app on my iPod so when it tells me I'm halfway, I turn around and head back home. There are probably a few other factors to mention: I just started lifting this week, and today my legs were really sore when I set out. It's also getting warmer here, which might be slowing me down.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm proud of myself for sticking with it so far, but I am feeling kinda lame that I am apparently walking faster than I run. The first couple weeks I went over two miles, and today I went only 1.84! :(

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Yeah, I'm suffering from the same phenomenon, lol.....still can't figure it out.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    You're probably running slower in order to be able to pace yourself for distance. I think it's normal. It's a lot easier to run for 90 seconds at 6mph on and off than it is to run for 20 minutes at 6mph. Your body is going to want to slow down in order to be able to run longer.

I DEFINITELY run slower in high heat/humidity!!
  • BeingSara
    BeingSara Posts: 2
    Hi guys,

How do I get started on the program?

Apologies if it's a silly question.

Thanks
  • happyfrogg
    happyfrogg Posts: 86 Member
    Hi guys,

How do I get started on the program?

Apologies if it's a silly question.

Thanks

Not a silly question! Check out this site: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    You'll start with week 1, alternating intervals of 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds walking. Good luck!