Critique/advice...hole in my stomach

Options
TheMiddlePath
TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
Hi there! I started low carbing last Wed the 16th after a couple high carb binge days the Sunday and Tuesday prior.

I seem to always be hungry! It's like nothing is enough! 2 days into week 2...could you guys look thru my diary and give me advice?? I would REALLY appreciate it. I want to make sure I'm getting off on the right foot!

As expected, I lost a lot of water weight during week 1 but I can see that things are slowing down significantly.

Thank you Thank you!

Replies

• bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    without being able to see your diary i have to ask, are you getting enough healthy fats and protein? Those are the only things that will satiate, especially being low-carb. :)
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Things will slow down to a loss of 1-2 pounds a week, even in induction at 20g of carbs (from foundation veggies). You should also be eating around 1500-1800 calories according to Atkins. As much as I like low carb and feel that it is working for me, it is still calories in vs calories out, eating good non processed food with lots of fresh veggies and exercise. I can't see your diary but try eating more, you shouldn't be hungry.
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    WHOOPS! I'll open it. It's set to friends only. Feel free to add me if you would like more friends :)

And I believe in calories in/calories out as well!
  • 4gr8kids
    4gr8kids Posts: 20
    Options
    I've had great success with low carb, healthy choice eating. My (not typical) diary is open to the public. Hope it helps you :) Good Luck!!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had a look at your diary. I had alot of trouble losing any weight following the 'net carb' program and i think it was because i sort of cheated in eating too many carbs just because the fibre could be deducted. I have in the last four days cut right back to under 20 carbs, sometimes 15, being meat or eggs for each meal, a couple of ounces of cheese a day, 3 table spoons of cream, and only a couple of lettuce salads (just a cup) with heavy highfat dressings (olive oil/ceasar). I have finally started shifting the weight again. I was eating way too many vegies, even if that sounds ridiculous, and it was obviously messing with my fat burning. 4 days into this simple but very basic eating, i feel back on track. i will start up-ing my carb intake on monday again, maybe more vegies, berries or cheeses. i believe this may work for you too because your diary is very similar to what mine was. And definantly NO low carb stuff (tortillas). They will be allowed much later on. Hope this helps you a bit, i know how frustrating being hungry and stalling is:)
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Thank you so much. As I felt really depressed tonight, I found myself over-eating. And I realized that I can't buy some of this other stuff that I've been buying like the tortillas and sugar free chocolate - for me even the cheese is hard. I wasn't really trying to do Atkins induction...just trying to stay under 50 net carbs - so that I could sustain it. 50 net is still a lot less than I was eating!

But IDK...right now, I'm so down - I can't think straight.

I appreciate the advice - I think it's spot on. I need to stick to something cuz I'm eating a lot of fat and I can't have carb creep otherwise it's worse than what I was doing!

Thanks!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just go down to a smaller carb intake and if you can do under 20g (which is really easy to do but your energy takes a beating for a couple of days), take multivitamins and DO NOT count calories, thats when i started stuffing up. Use your body as a guide. Eat a small lettuce salad for lunch with a nice olive oil dressing and a couple of chops, fat on. You will fill up. Then you stop, easy. You can have cheese as a snack if you get hungry later on. I have 2 lightly fried eggs and an ounce of saganaki cheese every morning. I love it! Im full but not stuffed. You will learn what works for you:)