Squiddies ASSEMBLE - Nerd Night In?

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    A free MMO that I've played a little while now: Lord of the Rings Online. It's pretty solid. I have some characters on the "Landroval" server.

Was going to mention LotRO, since the learning curve doesn't come until later in the game... I'm on E and have a couple still on FF where I started

Edit: E meaning Elendilmir (It's usually just referred to as "E") and "FF" meaning Firefoot... oops
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I didnt know there was a party being planned from several weeks ago.. Count me in!

Now.. I just need to find a computer that doesnt suck, and I will be good to go.

There is always signing up for a free WoW account until level 20....

[prepared for WoW bashing x_x]

I will say that it seems like less of a geek gamer night and more like the beginnings of some geek themed orgy.......
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

I will say that it seems like less of a geek gamer night and more like the beginnings of some geek themed orgy.......

Well, some of us aren't much into geek gaming... :wink:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

Your point being???

Are you in, or what? lol!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options

WoW's downloaded client was up over 10Gb when I last checked. Would be a steep buy-in cost (in terms of time to download/be ready to go) sadly =/

But the theme of free online game sounds good! :smile:

PS: i have nothing against WoW (though i have given up playing - it was becoming my 'god' in terms of devotion ... not to mention i put on serious poundage heh)
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

WoW's downloaded client was up over 10Gb when I last checked. Would be a steep buy-in cost (in terms of time to download/be ready to go) sadly =/

PS: i have nothing against WoW (though i have given up playing - it was becoming my 'god' in terms of devotion ... not to mention i put on serious poundage heh)

I agree - I think Wow is just too BIG, its ridiculous. Even LOTRO is probably pretty big.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Your point being???

of course! I even bought a box of glow in the dark rubbers, Bowser cuffs to boot.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Well, some of us aren't much into geek gaming... :wink:

lol winning!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

I agree - I think Wow is just too BIG, its ridiculous. Even LOTRO is probably pretty big.

there is always minecraft??? (I shudder at the thought of Minecraft party)
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options

Your point being???

You wear those shoes, I try to "in" pretty fast!!! LOL
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good evening, Cottonwood and Scotch Broom are in bloom and I am having nerdy sinus issues. Drinking homemade bone broth and Chinese herbs until I'm 100% so that I won't miss the killer bbq at my favorite geeks home on Monday. So, I'm in for the night with no sitter. Seattle.

Are we on for a game or other entertainment? Where? When?
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    kolmohdee on skype
    kolmohdee on aim
    kolmohdee on gmail
    kolmohdee on your mom.
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options

there is always minecraft??? (I shudder at the thought of Minecraft party)

There was a lot of booze and late nights while we built Chichen Itza on my Minecraft server using no ops cheats on hard survival mode. I'm rather proud. Now I need a break from it for a while.... Gah!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

not sure how big the download file is, but they're probably pretty comparable. I only lasted a couple hours on WoW, but from what I've heard from people who have played both, LotRO's world is a bit bigger (this was before the last couple expansions of both, though). I'm far from a tech/computer geek, so not sure how, or even if, that affects it at all :laugh: :embarassed:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    kolmohdee on your mom.

HAAA!! :wink:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    kolmohdee on skype
    kolmohdee on aim
    kolmohdee on gmail
    kolmohdee on your mom.

AIM??? Did you forget ICQ??? LOL
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options
    kolmohdee on skype
    kolmohdee on aim
    kolmohdee on gmail
    kolmohdee on your mom.

26271117 on ICQ

OH YEAH BABY OLD SCHOOL.

Also on MSN chat, and Yahoo chat. Plus was on blackberry chat. Look I like to stay connected ok!
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options
    Ok, so who's up for a chat?

http://www.icanhazchat.com/geeksquid/
    password squidink
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    kolmohdee on skype
    kolmohdee on aim
    kolmohdee on gmail
    kolmohdee on your mom.

26271117 on ICQ

OH YEAH BABY OLD SCHOOL.

Also on MSN chat, and Yahoo chat. Plus was on blackberry chat. Look I like to stay connected ok!

I never use ICQ but I have a 6 digit number. How's THAT for old school.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Ok, so who's up for a chat?

http://www.icanhazchat.com/geeksquid/
    password squidink

I'll be there if we can ever agree on a time :tongue: Love the rule!
    How exactly does webcam spin the bottle work, or do i even want to know?