Marathon Period

Options
mrsgoodwine
mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
So I went for about 4 months without a period. I finally get one and bam - it's a marathoner. It's been 12 days... ugh. It's a light period - no heavy bleeding or clots, just annoying. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• Annec0911
    Annec0911 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi...it's weird, eh? I had a similar episode ....after a 3 mos absence, period started again, as normal....then 2 weeks later a marathon like you describe started....it last about 12 days...then disappeared agin for another 3 mos....I gather this is fairly normal??? Perhaps check with your dr?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It just wants to remind you you aren't quiiiiiiiiiiiiiite done.
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep! We are in a strange place! I am just so thankful we have others to share with!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Hope mine doesn't last 12 days.. they just started today and have 10 days to get rid of the excess water + the last 3 lbs to reach my goal for June 6th!
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Update: 2 days after I posted, my period FINALLY ended. It will be interesting to see if I have a period next month or if I go another few months without another one (which I would not mind one bit). :happy: Thanks to all that piped in. It truly is a godsend to have other ladies to share this journey with. Makes me feel less "crazy" for sure!!