push ups

Options
girlie100
girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
have no problem with any of the insanity workouts, no problem keeping up until they get to pushups!!! arrrgh I just can't master them!! grrr its frustrating!

just venting :)

Replies

• 42diesel
    42diesel Posts: 7
    Options
    Completely agree. All the cardio work is OK but those push-up jacks and level 3 drills are a killer. Even the suicide jumps in the fit test are tough.
  • jwill365
    jwill365 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't do them either!!! I thought I was just a beast at them at first because I could do so many, but I recently found out that I was just doing them wrong. lol I can never get the right position or move my arms right. :/
  • Alexmcdermott6
    Options
    I'm the exact same, I just do the "lady push up" on my knees and get that right as oppose to trying to do a proper one without the correct form. I have to say it's helping because my arms ate getting stronger. I don't even attempt push up jacks, I just do loads of push ups.

Glad i'm not alone, they make it look so easy on the DVD!!!!!

xxxxx
  • girlie100
    Options
    I've tried all sorts of arm positions, and still can't do them :(

I might do the lady push ups and then see if i can progress from there with a little more arm strength :)
  • girlie100
    Options
    tried it with lady push ups and they are too easy so I am following the 100 push up program to help improve my push ups and after a couple of workouts I can see I'm improving :)
  • ilarrotta
    ilarrotta Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also doing Insanity and thought I was doing my push ups right until yesterday when my husband told me my butt too up!! lol I felt so stupid! Anyway, he told me a way to do it so wont cheat while doing them. Make sure the sole of your feet are against a wall. This way somehow makes your body go straight, and then I experienced my first right push up.. which I could only do one of them, because it is a killer!! Good luck to you all!
  • Clarkashley87
    Options
    i had someone tell me to do lady push ups or regular ones until i build up strength to do them right. but the v push ups i have no problem with those i just feel like i might fall on my head.
  • OAvalos
    OAvalos Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I too, can not do a regular push-up for the life of me. I feel like i'm just going to fall straight on my face. I just modify the drill with lady push ups.