Really slow start

Options
linzijoy
linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
I've heard it's harder to lose the last 10-15 lbs you have to lose, I was just wondering if anyone here had any tips?? I'm 5ft 10 and 152, aiming to get down to about 140 and then 135 and I'm really struggling.

Ok so I only started my current regime 2 weeks ago, I'm eating 1200 calories and doing the 30day shred every day and jogging every other day aswell. In the first week 2lbs fell straight off, but last week I put 2lb back on, so I'm back where I started! I know I'm within a healthy weight range for my height, but I really want to get back to where I'm most comfortable!

If anyone has any tips, please share, I don't know what else to do, I'm getting really impatient and demotivated!

Replies

• tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    i just read an article in the group "eat more to weigh less". maybe u need to up ur cals. i am at a plateau and i am going to keep eating around 1200 but i am going to incorporate strength training and definitely eat my exercise cal. the article said if you hit a plateau either eat more, increase cal, or increase strength training.

u can read the article to decide for yourself, but good luck! i hate to see someone demotivated because i feel like that too, so i am ur cheerleader. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • kelichik32
    kelichik32 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i just read an article in the group "eat more to weigh less". maybe u need to up ur cals. i am at a plateau and i am going to keep eating around 1200 but i am going to incorporate strength training and definitely eat my exercise cal. the article said if you hit a plateau either eat more, increase cal, or increase strength training.

u can read the article to decide for yourself, but good luck! i hate to see someone demotivated because i feel like that too, so i am ur cheerleader. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Agree, I don't think you are eating enough calories. I'm 5'-1" and i eat 1200 calories a day. Your body needs to refuel or its going to keep holding onto the bad stuff.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I agree, and think for your height 1,200 might be too low. Try 1,400 for a couple weeks and see if that makes a difference. If you are scared think about it like this- the added calories will give you more energy to push yourself harder in workouts, so in a way it will balance out.

On a side note, I was playing with the numbers this morning and I found that to lose just 5 pounds the healthy way (eating right and exercising) it would take me until the end of August- that's 13 weeks. It really put it in perspective for me how much harder those of us who are already lean have to work.

Another thing you can try is weight lifting- 5 pounds of fat takes up DOUBLE the amount of space on your body as 5 pounds of muscle. So by increasing your muscle mass, your weight goes up but your body gets smaller and tighter. Maybe instead of jogging on your off days do weights instead- a simple routine of squats, bench press, lunges, dead lifts, rows and overhead presses is plenty. Do 2-3 sets of those moves with 8-10 reps per set (the weights should be heavy enough that by the time you get to the 10th rep you can't do another), and you should really see some strength gains which will translate to a smaller jeans size and overall tighter and better looking body!
  • linzijoy
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I've upped my calories to 1400 and I'll be (trying to) eat back my exercise cals too. I think patience is the key here :-)
  • linzijoy
    Options

Haha! I love the idea of having my own cheerleader -Thankyou!
  • elizabethdc89
    elizabethdc89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    maybe to too much info for any gents kicking around the boards...but time of the month should be factored in as well if you get my drift. and typically, youre weight loss will slow down a bit after your initial "i'm gonna do this" jump. not to worry though, you've totally got this!! better to get the 15lbs gone now then when it turns into 30lbs *cough cough, like me, cough cough*
  • oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I lost the first 2lbs easy and then seemed to just stop. I guess the best thing to do is really just give it time. If you need any support, I'm here for you! :)
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and 151 right now - also trying to get down to 145, poss 140. I was stagnant at 153 for a while but then I upped my calorie intake to eat back some of my exercise calories and I dropped 2 pounds pretty quickly. I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks now but I'm hoping it will help with the results :)

GOOD LUCK.