Looking for input : )

Options
OhSuzzz
OhSuzzz Posts: 44 Member
I'm hoping someone might have some insight for me...

I always eat until I'm satisfied. I occasionally feel 'stuffed' quickly, but I always feel comfortable and full. After that though, I'm starving again. Today for example, I had lunch - salad with grilled chicken breast, peppers, bacon and cheese. I ate, was full. Finished up lunch time, back to work. About an hour later, I was feeling hungry. I had some almonds and cheesestick. Now, another hour later - still hungry. Is this something anyone else deals with? Even if I had more meat in my lunch, I probably wouldn't have been able to eat it because of that full feeling.

I've been on lowcarb for just shy of a week, so is this something that eventually stops? I thought the protein would be holding me over a lot longer...

Replies

• ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    This may sound weird, but you might not be feeling hunger pains- you might just be feeling and hearing digestion going on. It happens to me a lot. It's a similar sensation- you feel rumbling and might even hear a bit. I usually wait for about 15 minutes after I start noticing it, if it's still going on, I drink a glass of water. If after that I start noticing some other hunger cues- difficulty concentrating, empty pangs in the stomach, etc., I'll eat something at that point. It's taken me a while to figure out when my body is REALLY hungry. It took some discipline to not give in every time I thought it was hunger- and you know, what's the big deal if you do let yourself actually get hungry? There's nothing wrong with being hungry- I think it's just a load of dookie that the concept of eating every couple of hours so you never experience being hungry is a reason why some people accidentally over eat. Being truly, stomach-growlingly hungry is a sure sign that your body is going to tap into your fat for fuel. Give it a chance to! Don't just give in because you may spend a little time being uncomfortable.

Sorry, that turned into a rant! Didn't mean to! Hang in there :smile:
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    Also, just remembered when I first started low-carb, the sugar withdrawals often included feeling absolutely ravenous!!! Once your body gets through the withdrawal, you should feel satisfied longer.
  • reaching4myUGW
    reaching4myUGW Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Water... water... water... Your hunger pains could be dehydration.
  • OhSuzzz
    Options
    I thought that too. And I will up it, but I'm usually pretty good about keeping hydrated. Will have to keep counts and see what I'm really good. Thanks
    Water... water... water... Your hunger pains could be dehydration.
  • OhSuzzz
    Options
    I'm hoping it's just my body getting used to the change... :)
    Also, just remembered when I first started low-carb, the sugar withdrawals often included feeling absolutely ravenous!!! Once your body gets through the withdrawal, you should feel satisfied longer.