Russell Stover Sugar Free Candy

Options
darrcn5
darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
OMG, I discovered the Russell Stover Sugar Free chocolate truffles today and they are freaking delicious. One was enough to kill my chocolate craving. Has anyone tried these or any of the other Russell Stover Sugar Free products? Do you find that they stall you or slow down your weight loss? I know sugar alcohols can stall some people, but they don't seem to slow my weight loss down (knock on wood!).

Replies

• hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but for me..... it would be to easy to jump right from sugar-free to sugar packet. I need more time to build up my resistance :laugh:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately the alternatives used make me extremely sick.... you can have mine, ok? LOL!
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    OMG, I discovered the Russell Stover Sugar Free chocolate truffles today and they are freaking delicious. One was enough to kill my chocolate craving. Has anyone tried these or any of the other Russell Stover Sugar Free products? Do you find that they stall you or slow down your weight loss? I know sugar alcohols can stall some people, but they don't seem to slow my weight loss down (knock on wood!).

just be careful. too many sugar alcohols also have a laxative effect.
  • Zoey290
    Zoey290 Posts: 13
    Options
    For me they stalled my weight loss as did the Atkins bars...I stay away from the sugar alcohols. I wish I was one of the lucky ones...LOL
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I absolutely avoid this like the plague.
    There are only a few sugar alcohols that I can handle (and probably only in moderation) and what they use aren't them.

More than one piece will put me in distress.

In general I just try to avoid the sugar alcohols and glycerine "non-carbs".

That stuff may be ok for some in maintenance to prevent insulin surges and still have a treat but think that it messes with weight loss.
    I've been derailed too many times by the American food industry and their fake low carb friendly foods.
    Some of them may be OK but I feel like the bad ones far out weight the good ones.

I also find that over time treats seem to migrate to becoming staples, so I've got to be very very circumspect with having a treat.
    An occasional piece of LC candy slowly becomes daily and then become several pieces and , well you probably know how that story ends.