Girls around 5'5?

Options
Hey guys!

I joined this group a while ago, but never introduced myself!
I'm Jacqui, 22, and living on a a game farm in Africa with the love of my life =).

I'm 5'5, my SW was 138lbs, my CW is 125lbs, and my GW is 120lbs. I'm looking for some like minded friends, so please feel free to add me!
Super excited to meet you all =)

xxxx

Replies

• hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey agian! I'm 5'7 an weigh around 150lbs, which seems like a lot, but I don't look heavy/overweight at all, and never have! Either I hold weight really evenly, or I just carry more muscle than fat. My bodyfat is probably around %19-%21. I dont really have a goal "weight", but I would love to try to bring my BF% down to about 17-18% to really show off my muscle underneath! I'm assuming that is probably about 10 lbs away for me (me at 140lbs).

I'm trying to keep my diet as clean as possible with lots of protein! Five to six small meal per day, cardio as often as I can (usally ends up being 3-4 times per week at 15-25 minutes per session <--- wanting to increase that!) and strength training 4-5 times per week as well!

Does anyone else have goals like this? How are your goals the same/different?

Feel free to add me!
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group!

I am 5'6'' and weigh 142-146 usually. I am looking to tone up my body and hope to get down to 130 like I was in high school (4 years ago).
  • deedlit90
    deedlit90 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group!

I am 5'6'' and weigh 142-146 usually. I am looking to tone up my body and hope to get down to 130 like I was in high school (4 years ago).

That is pretty much exactly the same as me! Lol! I'm not so bothered about my actual weight, as I have never been lower than about 138 anyway, but currently I am 146 and would ideally like to get down to 130, but really just really want to tone my body. Anyone that wants to add me please feel free! :-)
  • shrednyc85
    shrednyc85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Nice to meet everyone.

I too am 5'5. My current weight is 125, and I am looking to get down to 118/120 - but just as importantly tone up and lose my cellulite/flab I got when I had a baby (three long years ago, so no excuse!)

I just started the 30DayShred, but I know that 80% of weight loss is diet so Im trying to do exercise plus healthy eating...Im a night snacker so really trying to quit that.
  • tynybury
    tynybury Posts: 7
    Options
    I am in between 5'5 and 5'6 and currently weigh 138. After having baby number two, I have been sitting at this weight since he was born 7 months ago. I'm having a hard time limiting my sugar intake...I'm addicted to sugar. I exercise frequently so I know my problem is my diet. Can't wait to be back below 130!
  • ccj424
    ccj424 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here too. I have similar goals, but I think I might have more muscle as well. I'm hoping to get to around 125ish, but I might be pushing it since I'm muscular. Is it possible to be 125ish with muscle at 5'6"?
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new here too. I have similar goals, but I think I might have more muscle as well. I'm hoping to get to around 125ish, but I might be pushing it since I'm muscular. Is it possible to be 125ish with muscle at 5'6"?

Uhm, yeah of course it is "possible." It's just a question of how hard you want to work for it.
    And minimum healthy weight for 5'6" is 114 lbs according to MFP (Tools > BMI) so you have a bit of wiggle room at 125.
  • osucristinamo
    Options
    Heyyooo! Just started back up on MFP myself, to work on dropping body fat.

I"m 5'6, and stay around 155-157. It works for me, I don't go buy weight I go by pants size and I stay anywhere from a 6-8. For me, If I hit a 10, I know I've put on a little.

I'm not trying to get skinny or lose dramatic weight, I'm trying to get an athletic body, and get myself into a bikini next summer!!!

I'm switching up my workouts every 10 days and have been delving lightly into the Paleo style of diet so work on upping my protein and fats.

I've only recently started, so here's hoping!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and fairly muscular (I was an athlete growing up) and have gotten down to 125 twice in my adult life (I normally sit at about 135). The first time, I got there with purely anorexic tendencies. I was eating one roll of 6 powdered Hostess donuts a day. I was 16, unhappy with my body and couldn't figure out how to get "skinny" thighs like the popular girls. I was working out 4+ hours a day, 5 days a week. I thought "hell, if I'm working out so much I guess the only way to get skinny is to starve yourself." So I did, for a while. Then I got a boyfriend and got in a healthier place with his support.

Fast forward to age 21, started packing on some 'college' pounds. My was feeling really low and my mom offered to pay for a few sessions with a trainer to get my started. He had me lift weights and I finally started to get more of the body that I always wanted. I always, always had belly my whole life and it finally started to go. I combined his workouts with a low-fat and low-carb diet I again lost weight (this time as low as 118) but felt like crap all the time and was tired because I didn't have enough nutrition. My hair and nails suffered also, not shiny and brittle. I was hardly eating any fat, which is not good for a woman's body.

Fast forward to now (age 25). Joined MFP in November 2011 at 142. Feeling fatter than ever and not able to wear a single pair of my jeans I was not happy. After a lot of trolling on the forums, I found a female friend- she is 5' 6" and weighs, dun dun dun.... 150, but she looks HOT! I mean super sexy in a bikini, and not masculine at all. She was my same height, but wearing smaller sizes even though she weighed more. How could this be possible I was thinking? Then the concept of skinny-fat clicked with me, and I started to focus on getting strong, and forgetting the scale. I always wanted that magical 125 number, but now I realized it's not really the number I'm after, it's really a particular body I'm trying to mold. Now I focus on fueling myself properly and getting the right workouts for my goal. My body is changing even though I'm not really losing much weight and I can almost fit into all of my jeans again. I've only lost 6 pounds and I'm still at 135 today, but a much better looking 135 than a year ago. My arms are thinner, waist smaller, and it's all because I have more lean muscle mass.

Honestly, no one ever knew I was starving myself so much back then, I completely hid it from my friends and family. I share my journey with you because it's real, and I want more women who are just trying to "lose that last 5 pounds" to feel empowered that the number on the scale doesn't matter so much. We all just want to look good in our clothes right? So who cares what the scale says? Who cares what the number on your driver's license is? I challenge you not worry so much about the number, and ask yourself what your real goal is. To look good in a bikini this summer? To fit back into your old pants? One term you should search is "body recomposition"- basically the concept of reshaping your body with muscle instead of fat. Now after 7 months on this site I feel stronger than ever (yes, even stronger than when I worked out 5 days/week for 4 hours, now I only do 3-4 days/week for 1 hour), I have more endurance, my hair is shiny, and my nails don't break! I get good nutrition and am developing a strong body. I want to keep this up for the rest of my life.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Kelseyhere, I could have wrote this post exactly. I spent most of my 20s starving myself to hit a certain number, but I was totally skinny fat. I am 5'6 and I used to be happy in the 124-127 range. Now I want to be 135 (currently 147) and ripped with muscle because that is sexier than skinnyfat!
    I'm 5' 6" and fairly muscular (I was an athlete growing up) and have gotten down to 125 twice in my adult life (I normally sit at about 135). The first time, I got there with purely anorexic tendencies. I was eating one roll of 6 powdered Hostess donuts a day. I was 16, unhappy with my body and couldn't figure out how to get "skinny" thighs like the popular girls. I was working out 4+ hours a day, 5 days a week. I thought "hell, if I'm working out so much I guess the only way to get skinny is to starve yourself." So I did, for a while. Then I got a boyfriend and got in a healthier place with his support.

Fast forward to age 21, started packing on some 'college' pounds. My was feeling really low and my mom offered to pay for a few sessions with a trainer to get my started. He had me lift weights and I finally started to get more of the body that I always wanted. I always, always had belly my whole life and it finally started to go. I combined his workouts with a low-fat and low-carb diet I again lost weight (this time as low as 118) but felt like crap all the time and was tired because I didn't have enough nutrition. My hair and nails suffered also, not shiny and brittle. I was hardly eating any fat, which is not good for a woman's body.

Fast forward to now (age 25). Joined MFP in November 2011 at 142. Feeling fatter than ever and not able to wear a single pair of my jeans I was not happy. After a lot of trolling on the forums, I found a female friend- she is 5' 6" and weighs, dun dun dun.... 150, but she looks HOT! I mean super sexy in a bikini, and not masculine at all. She was my same height, but wearing smaller sizes even though she weighed more. How could this be possible I was thinking? Then the concept of skinny-fat clicked with me, and I started to focus on getting strong, and forgetting the scale. I always wanted that magical 125 number, but now I realized it's not really the number I'm after, it's really a particular body I'm trying to mold. Now I focus on fueling myself properly and getting the right workouts for my goal. My body is changing even though I'm not really losing much weight and I can almost fit into all of my jeans again. I've only lost 6 pounds and I'm still at 135 today, but a much better looking 135 than a year ago. My arms are thinner, waist smaller, and it's all because I have more lean muscle mass.

Honestly, no one ever knew I was starving myself so much back then, I completely hid it from my friends and family. I share my journey with you because it's real, and I want more women who are just trying to "lose that last 5 pounds" to feel empowered that the number on the scale doesn't matter so much. We all just want to look good in our clothes right? So who cares what the scale says? Who cares what the number on your driver's license is? I challenge you not worry so much about the number, and ask yourself what your real goal is. To look good in a bikini this summer? To fit back into your old pants? One term you should search is "body recomposition"- basically the concept of reshaping your body with muscle instead of fat. Now after 7 months on this site I feel stronger than ever (yes, even stronger than when I worked out 5 days/week for 4 hours, now I only do 3-4 days/week for 1 hour), I have more endurance, my hair is shiny, and my nails don't break! I get good nutrition and am developing a strong body. I want to keep this up for the rest of my life.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'5 and currently 135 lbs. Goal weight is 123. Thing is when you get down to a few lbs to lose seems like it goes slower! Taking me a long time but I'm also building muscle too. Nice to meet you!!
  • miamigirl123
    miamigirl123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Im 5'6 and my CW is 126, GW 118. We have pretty similar stats!
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started to add some of you as friends but it won't let me add anymore for 10 minutes so feel free to add me!

I'm 5'4'' and weigh 147.7. My goal is 135 before I leave for basic training in early September. I like to drink which makes these last 12 difficult. Plus people keep telling me "I look fine" so it's not like they are encouraging either.

Maybe we could start a challenge since it's the beginning of June. Anyone, any ideas?
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So close to 5'6 that I just use it for my height, and about 130-132 pounds right now. Aiming for the 115-120 range.

Most of my adult life I've been around 120-125 pounds.

And I don't care, skinny-fat or skinny-toned, as long as I get skinny. I care about the number. *shrug*
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'6/5'7 and my CW is 136. Hoping to get down to 126, but I'm more wanting to just look better in my clothes and have more muscle, as I currently have barely any and it's just fat :(

Hope you're all doing ok, and feel free to add me if you want!

x
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5'' with CW 134, GW 130ish maybe? I am skinny fat LOL I want to build muscle and tone up really at whatever weight that is. I am having a hell of a time figuring out how many cals I should eat. I stopped loosing what I started lifting and its like .2 every 3 weeks now! Crazy slow. And trust me, my body fat isnt changing either cause I have been testing that in the bod pod....:sad:
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'5/5'6 with about 10-15 lbs to lose. I don't care much about the number on the scale. What I mostly want to do is tone up and lose some fat, especially the belly fat!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I am 5'5", 125, looking to build muscle...need to stop looking at the scale! Just started a metabolism reset, so hoping that helps my body get back to normal after eating way low calories forever without even realizing I was doing it!

Here's to being athletic and healthy :smile:
  • BerryFruit
    BerryFruit Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi

Im 5.6ft SW 140lbs CW 132lbs GW 125-120. I want a toned sexy feminine body like Elle Macpherson. I already workout 4-5days a week so that is all good. I just want to get into some good eating habits as I know this is what is holding me back. I am mainly an evening grazer but also tend to eat when I am bored or lonely. Not a good thing to be doing. Feel free to add me would be lovely to have some people with similar goals.
  • Whutto1
    Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 5'5" SW 142 CW 139 GW 135-130. I have been working out 5 times a week and looking to get toned and build muscle. Feel free to add me, I would love to have some friends with similar goals.